Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Atheism

I don’t believe in God

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Gomergirl1991 On December 30, 2022

La Mesa,
#1New Post! Sep 01, 2020 @ 02:45:53
I don’t believe in God because my mom passed away from breast cancer and if he was so good, why would he let that happen?
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 01, 2020 @ 05:32:27
The question of whether God exists has been asked by mankind since time immemorial. There is no answer, and asking it only brings more questions.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you can find peace and closure.

Hopefully, in your lifetime (and in mine) we will find a reliable way to eradicate cancer. It won't bring your mum back, but you'd have the knowledge that nobody else will suffer as a result of that dreadful disease.

Best wishes and good luck.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 01, 2020 @ 07:06:03
@Gomergirl1991 Said

I don’t believe in God because my mom passed away from breast cancer and if he was so good, why would he let that happen?

I'm sorry for your loss. Grief is appropriate when we lose a loved one. It seems that many who believe in God assume some sort of "protection", others seem to stifle their grief as being inappropriate, a sign of a lack of faith. Others cling to a fantasy world where we will all be reunited with those who have passed. Grief - totally appropriate to our humanity - is buried beneath belief.

You are ahead of all that.

I have found that rather that asking myself if I believe in God, I ask if our existence has significance Do we live in a chaos, or a Cosmos?

Asking this, I have found, in many of the great Faith Traditions of the world, the "ultimate Reality" - called by many names - is beyond good and evil. This not in the sense of being above them, but of reconciling them in a deeper reality.

But my path is not yours.

Whatever, I wish you well.
Darkman666 On about 8 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Sep 01, 2020 @ 15:44:59
i can understand this, my father died of pancreas cancer, when i was 13 years old. i always believe in god. most of my life, when i was younger, i ask myself , why he was taken from me. over years, god want me some to guide me in life, not someone who was in life. god gave my father a purpose, after his death.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Sep 01, 2020 @ 18:10:45
"God" has many definitions. I don't believe in many of them because of various reasons beyond death.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#6New Post! Sep 03, 2020 @ 17:14:12
@Gomergirl1991 Said

Sympathies for your loss.

Do you see us living in a dualistic universe?

If so, would god not have both a good and an evil side?

Regards
DL
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#7New Post! Sep 03, 2020 @ 22:12:21
And yet, God believes in you . . . sort of.

Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

So, God does love you (in a sense) but if you happen to be of the elect he does, in fact, love you now and for all of eternity.

Nevermind the French snakes. We know his fate and it isn't pretty.
chaski On about 24 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8New Post! Sep 04, 2020 @ 00:41:50
@gakINGKONG Said

Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

Yes... I agree... it is quite interesting that god loved Jacob (who was a liar and a theft and had multiple wives) over Essau (who was a hard working man of the field and a hunter... probably would have owned a firearm if the 2nd Amendment had been in place).

Of course if you believe in god, it isn't at all hard to believe that his primary motivations were selfishness, jealousy and hate... contrary to all the "love" BS... of course one would have to read the bible and pay attention to follow along.
chaski On about 24 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9New Post! Sep 04, 2020 @ 00:46:02
@Gomergirl1991 Said

Believe or not believing in god is a waste of your time.

Cling to your love of your mother... build your life around that sort of love.... let the "believe in god" thing go... focus on the things that made you love your mother.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Sep 04, 2020 @ 07:53:45
@gakINGKONG Said

Nevermind the French snakes. We know his fate and it isn't pretty.

Good morning Gak.

I looked up "French snakes" in my Bible Concordance and found them unlisted. As you appeared to be convinced that "we" all knew their fate, I wondered exactly where you got such a conviction. I next turned to Google and found that in fact French snakes, of which there are several varieties, are harmless.

Anyway, cutting sort the waffle, I must admit that I am actually unaware of their fate. Would you mind explaining what such is and why you are so convinced that "we" already know?

(Hopefully the Forum Site Server will last long enough for you to respond)

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs