I can barely move

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:29:42
The pain in my back is pretty bad. I'm not sleeping and I can only eat in between nausea spells. Personally I'd like a stronger pain killer because I think that would help with the nausea but I'll defer to the doc on this one. I did turn down a sick line earlier but I'm taking it now. I can't sit for too long or stand for too long and just try to find a comfortable position to lie in. I will be essentially useless at work and I forsee elevator-induced panic attacks at uni since it takes forever to climb stairs and is really painful. I know I need to do some moving though. Anyone got any tips on moving without leaving the flat since stairs are a huge problem at the moment? Hugs are also welcome
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:40:27
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:41:26

Thanks you I changed my FB status to "is now effectively a tree" and my sister says she'd hug me if I wasn't in Aberdeen
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#4New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:50:15
feel better
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 12:50:57
@maximillion Said

feel better

Thank you.
vanished On April 24, 2011

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 13:00:16
If your at home will a hot bath not help. only of you feel confident you can get back out only joking really hope you feel better soon. nothing worse than a bad back
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 13:01:21
@vanished Said

If your at home will a hot bath not help. only of you feel confident you can get back out only joking really hope you feel better soon. nothing worse than a bad back

I've been doing the bath thing the last couple of days and it does feel nice
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#8New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 13:34:06
Chica, go ahead and post away. You know your friends are here for you
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#9New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 13:34:46
Glob, you are a newbie, you know nothing about what chic is going through.
I have had a bad back before, required surgery, and that is pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
Cut her a break.
If you had pain like that, you would be moaning too.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#10New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 13:40:26
No problem
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 15:11:45
@Mysteria Said

Try showing some compassion. It might make you and everyone around you feel better. I'd say she has every reason to moan. Have you ever had a serious back injury? How about a bad fall after you've already been injured? Why create a new account to make hateful comments?

Chica, have you tried using a pain relieving cream such as Aspercreme or Icy Hot? I'm not sure what they would be called in the UK. I use a cream for arthritis and sore muscles on my lower back and shoulders. It does help me some.

If possible, try to stretch a little here and there. Lying or sitting for a long time seems to make it even more painful.

Heating pads help with pain, too.

Hope you feel better soon. Please get a second opinion if your doctor won't give you something for your pain.

Thanks. I have to watch what I take because ibuprofen makes my throat start to close but I've got the heat pads. I'm getting up for short walks around the flat every 10 minutes or so, jsut going into another room to stretch out a little. Right not I'm using a microwave-heated bear as a cusion at my back to support it a little. I got my line so now I just have to let the relevant people know. I'll see if it gets any worse before I ask for anything stronger. I'm scared of going too strong but these only have about 2 mg extra of the dihydrocodeine in them which is why I'm not sure. They're helping a little bit more but they're really just taking the edge off and if the muscle spasms then they're kind of like a wooden hut against a hurricane.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#12New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 15:16:30
@crazychica Said

Thanks. I have to watch what I take because ibuprofen makes my throat start to close but I've got the heat pads. I'm getting up for short walks around the flat every 10 minutes or so, jsut going into another room to stretch out a little. Right not I'm using a microwave-heated bear as a cusion at my back to support it a little. I got my line so now I just have to let the relevant people know. I'll see if it gets any worse before I ask for anything stronger. I'm scared of going too strong but these only have about 2 mg extra of the dihydrocodeine in them which is why I'm not sure. They're helping a little bit more but they're really just taking the edge off and if the muscle spasms then they're kind of like a wooden hut against a hurricane.

You're welcome. I'm glad the pain relievers are helping some. Did your doc mention physical therapy or back surgery. Sorry if you've already posted that somewhere. I haven't seen all the threads.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 15:18:53
@Mysteria Said

You're welcome. I'm glad the pain relievers are helping some. Did your doc mention physical therapy or back surgery. Sorry if you've already posted that somewhere. I haven't seen all the threads.

No she didn't. She just said to come back if it continues
forensicgrl94 On November 04, 2014
inspector gadget

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 15:28:20
since i was with her in the hospital when she had the first bout of back spasms (before she fell on her back making it worse) i can say she was in a lot of pain since she was squeasing my hand in time with the spasms
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 30, 2010 @ 15:29:21
@forensicgrl94 Said

since i was with her in the hospital when she had the first bout of back spasms (before she fell on her back making it worse) i can say she was in a lot of pain since she was squeasing my hand in time with the spasms

You were in the first time. It was sorer the second but that was cos I fell At least Steve isn't mad at me. He had to cover my shift
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs