Q & A

I am watching the mini series Anne Frank on dvd

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
degrassiboi On November 06, 2012

Colton, California
#1New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 06:43:50
I am watching the mini series Anne Frank. It tell the true story of the famous girl Anne Frank and what happened to her and her family. It tells of her life before and after she went into hiding got the diary and was found by the Nazis. Every time I see this movie it makes me sad that they could do this so someone just because of who and what they are. Anne Frank was a normal young girl with normal girl problems, but her world was turned upside down when the war came to her town. She and her family were forced to go into hiding to try and stay save. After many years they were found and put into the camps where they all died. The only one that survived was Otto Frank. He had to live with the fact that all his family was dead and gone.

Anne frank makes you think how people can do this to other people just because of who and what they are. So my question has anyone met someone who had to go thought what Anne did?
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#2New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 11:10:32
@degrassiboi Said

I am watching the mini series Anne Frank. It tell the true story of the famous girl Anne Frank and what happened to her and her family. It tells of her life before and after she went into hiding got the diary and was found by the Nazis. Every time I see this movie it makes me sad that they could do this so someone just because of who and what they are. Anne Frank was a normal young girl with normal girl problems, but her world was turned upside down when the war came to her town. She and her family were forced to go into hiding to try and stay save. After many years they were found and put into the camps where they all died. The only one that survived was Otto Frank. He had to live with the fact that all his family was dead and gone.

Anne frank makes you think how people can do this to other people just because of who and what they are. So my question has anyone met someone who had to go thought what Anne did?

If you speak of the ones who bear the tattoo then yes I have also meet military prisoners of war.
steve70 On March 20, 2021

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 11:20:26
i have`nt met any one like that
but there are others that have been compared to Anne like
Nina Lugovskaya
https://www.theage.com.au/news/book-reviews/i-want-to-live-the-diary-of-a-young-girl-in-stalins-russia/2006/10/20/1160851115342.html
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#4New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 11:31:11
While I was living in Berlin, I had a neighbor friend, an old lady, who was fond of the occasional opportunity to sit and chat. Once, over a few glasses of vodka, she told me of how she and her husband ran a store, in what was then East Berlin, and of how they would hide Jewish folks from the Gestapo, either in their cellar or under their roof...
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 12:01:04
I wonder how it ends.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#6New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 12:29:02
Once I was watching a docu on WW2. On a segment about czechoslovakia there was a Czech man being stopped and searched on a street, by German soldiers. The man was standing with his hands raised. There was a German yelling something at the man. Probably asking the man's name. The man's answer was my family's last name. Since he was caught carrying a pistol, he was killed.
I saw this film long ago and have been searching for it ever since. I still have kin in the Czech republic and Slovakia. Unfortunately contact has been lost.
Fritzy On April 15, 2013

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#7New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 13:52:45
@sister_of_mercy Said

I wonder how it ends.

blind_chameleon On January 10, 2012

Canton, New York
#8New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 14:05:39
@sister_of_mercy Said

I wonder how it ends.

spoiler alert!

she gets dead.
dark_angel1715 On February 27, 2013

hell GFY, Missouri
#9New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 15:01:58
@blind_chameleon Said

spoiler alert!

she gets dead.

God i miss her
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 17:20:19
Part of my work is preparing medical reports for people who have been prisoners of war.

It can be rather sickening and shocking to know what people are doing to each other.

On a positive note they are survivors and they manage to get through every day and they laugh and to see them you would never know what they had endured.

People are so strong.
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 17:38:55
I met Kitty Hart Moxon who along with her mother survived Auschwitz, She is still alive today and holds regular educational talks at the Retford Holocaust Memorial Centre.

Her book is very moving, She went into Aushwitz aged 15 and struggled to survive. Poignantly she says the only time she cried was when she was ordered to help throw the naked bodies of her dead friends onto a wagon.

I went to Bergen Belsen in Germany where there is a headstone for Anne Frank, it's a creepy place. There is a journal entry of mine on here somewhere about it.

I am hoping to get out to Auschwitz this October.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 18:35:46
@kaydoh Said

I met Kitty Hart Moxon who along with her mother survived Auschwitz, She is still alive today and holds regular educational talks at the Retford Holocaust Memorial Centre.

Her book is very moving, She went into Aushwitz aged 15 and struggled to survive. Poignantly she says the only time she cried was when she was ordered to help throw the naked bodies of her dead friends onto a wagon.

I went to Bergen Belsen in Germany where there is a headstone for Anne Frank, it's a creepy place. There is a journal entry of mine on here somewhere about it.

Do you have a specific interest in the holocaust? Family? Or you just find it a very important part of history?
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 18:51:10
@kaydoh Said

I know a couple of people who have been to some concentration camps and I owudl like to go there myself. It will of course be heart wrenching to be there knowing what atrocities have taken palce there but it is definately something I would like to do. I have been interested in going to Bergen Belsen and Auschwitz, so I will be looking out ofr your journal enteries to see what you think of it later on this year
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 06:23:37
@treebee Said

Do you have a specific interest in the holocaust? Family? Or you just find it a very important part of history?

My Granddad died when my father was only two in Germany. My dad always had a massive fascination with the second world war and my home was full of books and video's. As a child naturally I wasn't interested but as an adult it has moved me a great deal.

I took History at school to learn more but was dissapointed to learn it was never on he curriculum.

I can't honestly remember when my real interest in the subject started.

I see a lot of relevance from what happened to modern day intolerance and racism. People are always shocked at what really happened but I can see how it did and even more frightening how it could happen again, all be it slightly more subtle.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jul 25, 2011 @ 08:46:34
@kaydoh Said

My Granddad died when my father was only two in Germany. My dad always had a massive fascination with the second world war and my home was full of books and video's. As a child naturally I wasn't interested but as an adult it has moved me a great deal.

I took History at school to learn more but was dissapointed to learn it was never on he curriculum.

I can't honestly remember when my real interest in the subject started.

I see a lot of relevance from what happened to modern day intolerance and racism. People are always shocked at what really happened but I can see how it did and even more frightening how it could happen again, all be it slightly more subtle.

your last sentance is spot on, it really could happen again in modern day society purely with the extent of racism and the hate shown towards culutures or groups of people. frightening really
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs