The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

I am my highest authority, judge and guide. Who is yours?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Feb 01, 2020 @ 20:07:54

As a Gnostic Christian, I follow the esoteric teachings of Jesus.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This fits perfectly with the bibles teachings that we are to judge all things and hold to the good.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

This is a compulsion to be our own masters instead of just kowtowing to someone else’s opinions.

This is also why Christians used their inquisitions on us. Freedom of thought was not allowed by Christianity.

A concept and freedom that Christians now seem to promote.

Many Christians follow the teachings of, to us, a genocidal and infanticidal demiurge, Yahweh.

How Christians can see him as a good god is beyond me and Christians shy away from any apologetics as to why they think such a satanic god is good.

I see my judgements as more moral than that immoral demiurge and that is why I have rejected him for Jesus.

Do you follow 1 Thessalonians 5:21, or do you let someone else do your judging for you?

Regards
DL
Electric_Banana On about 1 hour ago

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Feb 01, 2020 @ 20:38:43
@GreatestIam2 Said

As a Gnostic Christian, I follow the esoteric teachings of Jesus.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

This fits perfectly with the bibles teachings that we are to judge all things and hold to the good.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

This is a compulsion to be our own masters instead of just kowtowing to someone else’s opinions.

This is also why Christians used their inquisitions on us. Freedom of thought was not allowed by Christianity.

A concept and freedom that Christians now seem to promote.

Many Christians follow the teachings of, to us, a genocidal and infanticidal demiurge, Yahweh.

How Christians can see him as a good god is beyond me and Christians shy away from any apologetics as to why they think such a satanic god is good.

I see my judgements as more moral than that immoral demiurge and that is why I have rejected him for Jesus.

Do you follow 1 Thessalonians 5:21, or do you let someone else do your judging for you?

Regards
DL

I am the highest authority in this world for which I trust
I suspect my intuition borrowed, not from one being, but from an entire society far from the detrimental influences of our current existence.

I guess you could say it's like even though Bob is known as your Pod's 'Preacher' you know a lot better than him (or any other inmate even though you have to answer to them to maintain a semi-comfortable stay); you suspect your better wisdoms to have been installed prior to incarceration from the outside world.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#3New Post! Feb 02, 2020 @ 17:57:57
@Electric_Banana Said

I am the highest authority in this world for which I trust
I suspect my intuition borrowed, not from one being, but from an entire society far from the detrimental influences of our current existence.

I guess you could say it's like even though Bob is known as your Pod's 'Preacher' you know a lot better than him (or any other inmate even though you have to answer to them to maintain a semi-comfortable stay); you suspect your better wisdoms to have been installed prior to incarceration from the outside world.

I agree that we are a product of society and some of the individuals in them. Notably some of the authors who have influenced us the most.

True that most have to compromise at some points in our life for comforts sake.
Some laws deserve breaking, but the timing is not always right.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs