Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Subcultures

I am Islamophobic

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chief_big On June 12, 2013

haggisville, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 04, 2012 @ 15:55:50
I generally do not watch television or give much validity to generalisations made by international media when I read the paper, but the constant attention given to Islam extremists of the past several years has gotten the better of me. Rather than accept this ever growing prejudiced mentality I felt obligated to get pro active and began digging, as the title suggests my labor thus far has bore rotten fruit.

From what I can tell Islamic beliefs refute the natural evulotion that other European religions have undergone to adjust to modern society and instead dictate and idiology that seems to be causing a regression in social development in European countries, and the stagnation of social development in countries where it is in the majority.
I am actually quite fearful for the future of the freedoms we have whilst the religion grows within Europe as Muslims use the freedom of expression, which would be denied to them in their societies, to protest against freedom of expression. This political correctness has provided a loop hole causing tolerance of the intolerant to such an extent that the threat to free speech has went unchecked, and now seems to be the beginning of the end. If I were to emigrate to another country I would feel morally and ethically bound to adjust and embrace the core beliefs on which that society was built.

I have been searching for a couple of weeks for the adjacent side to the anti free speach movement, within Europes Islamic community, and the best thing I can say is perhaps the ones not protesting are indifferent to the idea of upholding the ideals of their surrogate counties.

If not why aren't they out protesting to show the world they aren't the metaphorical unicorns many people would have us believe?

I hope someone can put my fears to rest, as I said this has been really bothering me.

Futhermore, having actually expressed myself does give me another perspective which is always welcome. Perhaps it is the fault of the belief system we have that is or will cause its own demise, and had it not been Islam to envelope the PC gone mad it would have been another perhaps more oppressive religion that took advantage of the egotistical `we can assimilate all cause we so smart, so lets bring these heathens in and save them ` mentallity equality and free speech propagate............

I for one would like to welcome our new over lords.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 04, 2012 @ 15:57:23
Erm...
Try posting when you are not worse for wear.

#3New Post! Oct 04, 2012 @ 16:24:09
Unfortunately this is coherent as I get, as inept as I may be at expressing myself with English and disjointed as the OP is, I feel it gets my general concerns across. So how many pro free speach Islamists you know?
Perhaps you could point me in their directiom so I can shed this prejudice mentallity.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! Oct 04, 2012 @ 19:42:22
@chief_big Said

Unfortunately this is coherent as I get, as inept as I may be at expressing myself with English and disjointed as the OP is, I feel it gets my general concerns across. So how many pro free speach Islamists you know?
Perhaps you could point me in their directiom so I can shed this prejudice mentallity.

Some "predjudice" is not predjudice at all but good common sense.

#6New Post! Oct 04, 2012 @ 21:35:01
@sTreetAngeL Said

Some "predjudice" is not predjudice at all but good common sense.

All prejudice is prejudice and ceases to be prejudice when adequately researched via reliable sources with an open mind, and thus is reformed into an informed opinion. Is this what you meant?

If so, that`s not helping. I want to be wrong, or, failing that convinced that I am with a believable rational school of thought...... with pictures so I don't get bored. And no references to the inane dribble about a world wide conspiracy theory that some people might try to push, if I were that gullible a tinfoil hat would give me the reassurances I long for.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#8New Post! Oct 05, 2012 @ 15:56:16
@chief_big Said

All prejudice is prejudice and ceases to be prejudice when adequately researched via reliable sources with an open mind, and thus is reformed into an informed opinion. Is this what you meant?

I mean your assumptions are correct. Stop denying it to yourself and feeling bad for seeing things clearly; not only is it stupid, it can get you hurt/dead.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 05, 2012 @ 16:14:41
I think a sensible course of action to take is to go out and have a chat with some average, everyday Muslim folk. They know more about their religion than any website can tell you as it's from a real-life, personal perspective. That should help untangle things a bit.

I think any organised religion like Islam and Christianity can be dangerous if taken to the extreme and as of late it does seem like Islam is getting the brunt of it. Then again, Christianity and Judaism have had that for centuries so perhaps it's just 'their turn.' I don't know. I do know though that not all Christians are abortion denying racists and not all Muslims want to kill infidels and lock up their women.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs