The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Abortion

I am 10 weeks along, should I get an abortion?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
ijustdontknow On January 31, 2009

bellingam, Washington
#1New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 18:55:27
So i just found out 2 days ago I am prego and am about 10 weeks along, I am having mixed feelings on what to do. I am in college and have 3 years left, I have a part time job and the father is in college too. We have so many goals and plans and the baby was completely unexpected because I am/was on birth control. I know that an abortion is the best thing to do because we are both not ready to be parents, since we're not secure financially and we both want to be the best parents we can and now is just not the time. I am just afraid of how I will feel after an abortion. I am not sure if I can live with the guilt. Please offer some suggestions on what to do.. Thanks!
pinkprincess On December 07, 2009

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:00:44
I don't think a ye or no answer from me is what you need, i think you both need to sit down and talk about what you want, it will more than likely change your life but that doesn't mean it will end it. There are positives and negatives for abortion and i really hope that you make the decision that is right for you. If you decide to have an abortion then as long its for the right reasons for you there is no need to feel guilty, it would be worse if you resented having a baby and the baby was unloved Take care x
evababy1 On July 29, 2010
Speechless

lodi, New Jersey
#3New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:02:01
no one can tell you what is best for you. i think if you feel the abortion is the right thing to do, then do it. but if not, you can always give the baby up for adoption. it'll feel better! good luck
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:02:29
It sounds like you've already made up your mind. Talk it over with those close to you, as well as your boyfriend, in some cases feeling guilty is better than feeling scared or unprepared, it's all about what's best for you at the time.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck.
Christen On March 03, 2009

Deleted

Medina, Ohio
#5New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:04:52
Well Iam not a kind of person to be tell adults what to do but I will say this ok birth control pills they say that they are 99.99% active but thire not you can still get pregnut and I say it is up to you but if you want my opinon on this I would give it up for adoption if you really think you can not take care of that baby cuz at lease some mother and father out thire who can't have kids will be given a gift I was adopted and I had the best parents ever so again Iam not telling what to do but is a suggestion I hope that this helps a little.
l_teddy10 On January 27, 2022

Detroit, Michigan
#6New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:10:04
At least have the baby and if you really can't take care of it, then give it up for adoption. I have a cousin who had a baby her junior year of high school. She finished school with a 4.0 and went on to college. So it's possible to raise a kid and go to school. But it would definitely be hard.
I wouldn't abort it though. I think it deserves a chance to live.
bringkaythehorizon On March 03, 2009

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:10:12
I would think that it would be your decision. You need to know your limits and what you can mentally and physically handle at not handle. Can you handle having this baby and then giving it up for adoption? Will you be strong enough? Do you think abortion is right? Will your family be okay with this decision? Can you truly not have the baby at this time in your life? These are questions you really need to ask yourself and come up with an answer.
CloudMcStrife On April 02, 2010

Paterson, New Jersey
#8New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:10:15
The best thing to do if your not ready to be a parent is give the baby up for adoption..The baby was not at fault here and it would be wrong to kill a life that's not at fault.Take it from a guy who's ex's got an abortion and never told me about me , it hurts very much..
Hinckleylad On October 08, 2009

Deleted

leicester, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:10:29
i understand your predicament but have to tell you that i disagree with an abortion, i think you are responsible enough to have a sexual relationship then you must be responsible for what has happened and be prepared to do what is ethically right.

too many people see abortion as an easy way out, you were on contraception so in this case are unfortunate, however that is a life inside you, could you live with the guilt that terminating such a life could bring, also in some cases abortions also leave problems which may mean you cannot conceive in the future, have you considered having the child, then adoption?

https://www.abortionno.org/Resources/pictures.html
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:12:30
@bringkaythehorizon Said

I would think that it would be your decision. You need to know your limits and what you can mentally and physically handle at not handle. Can you handle having this baby and then giving it up for adoption? Will you be strong enough? Do you think abortion is right? Will your family be okay with this decision? Can you truly not have the baby at this time in your life? These are questions you really need to ask yourself and come up with an answer.

Agreed, whatever you do don't base your decision on what people say in this thread. Ultimately it is up to you and the father, nobody else, so only do what you feel is best.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#11New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:18:26
Since you ask.
Go thur with the pregnancy. If at the time off birth you and the father still feel your not ready. Give the baby up for adoption. There are people that are ready and can't conceive. Give the gift of life x 2. To your child and to some couple that is ready.
Xilmwa On June 19, 2015
Phoenix

Zarglibniksokternimilis,
#12New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:18:42
@ijustdontknow Said

So i just found out 2 days ago I am prego and am about 10 weeks along, I am having mixed feelings on what to do. I am in college and have 3 years left, I have a part time job and the father is in college too. We have so many goals and plans and the baby was completely unexpected because I am/was on birth control. I know that an abortion is the best thing to do because we are both not ready to be parents, since we're not secure financially and we both want to be the best parents we can and now is just not the time. I am just afraid of how I will feel after an abortion. I am not sure if I can live with the guilt. Please offer some suggestions on what to do.. Thanks!

BIAS ALERT!!!

In my opinion, the child could be the next Albert Einstein or Thomas Edison. Have the child, and put him/her up for adoption.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#13New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:21:48
This is a very cool social experiment.
Just look at the way opinion is split along gender lines..
Not a single man has been pro-choice so far here.

I wonder if that would change if men had to carry and give birth to babies?
GoblintheGoblin On March 01, 2010
Kneel before Zod!

Deleted

swansea, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:28:42
im pro choice i just don't wanna seem crass by saying get rid and get on with your life
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#15New Post! Jan 24, 2009 @ 19:29:51
I hope this link helps you in your decision. It's a conversation we had on TFS a while back where women spoke of how they felt after they had their abortions, or chose not to have them. I wish you the best of luck. https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/Are-the-horror-strories-real-/266995
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs