Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

I Find It Easier Being Me

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
windstorm On June 28, 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
#1New Post! Apr 25, 2008 @ 22:37:04
I respect everyone's religious beliefs and everything, but honestly, is there anything wrong with just being yourself? Religion dictates how you should live your life hence you have no freedom(in my opinion). While free-willed people can live freely without condemnation. If you be yourself you can see yourself, so what I would like to know is whether or not beliefs really handicaps you and keeps you from being all that you could be, or does it help you? I just find it easier being me.
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#2New Post! Apr 25, 2008 @ 22:54:47
Religion is useless until you understand the wisdom it imparts and apply it to your life. I am Christian but I also study Taoist and Buddhist philosophy because it makes perfect sense to me. No I don't bother with all the ritual mumbo jumbo and I don't worry about what other people think, I just worry about my spiritual advancement and me also, being me.
tfc On April 16, 2019

Dallas,
#3New Post! Apr 26, 2008 @ 01:17:49
@windstorm Said
I respect everyone's religious beliefs and everything, but honestly, is there anything wrong with just being yourself? Religion dictates how you should live your life hence you have no freedom(in my opinion). While free-willed people can live freely without condemnation. If you be yourself you can see yourself, so what I would like to know is whether or not beliefs really handicaps you and keeps you from being all that you could be, or does it help you? I just find it easier being me.

That's the point of the Bible. To have free-willed people that can live freely without condemnation. I don't expect you to agree. It took me some time to understand this.

And no, there is nothing wrong with being yourself in the sense that you are always honest with yourself and with God. When you are honest with yourself and with God, you can tell God about anything. He may say to do or not to do something, but it is only for our benefit that He does this.
For example, a parent tells their child not to touch a hot iron becuase he will hurt himself. If the child says "you are holding me back, I should be free to do whatever I want," then that child will burn themselves on the hot iron that the parent warned of. The parent still loves the child just the same, but wishes that he/she would listen. If the child listened then they would be free of unnecessary consequences. God loves us and wants to see every person saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.
windstorm On June 28, 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
#4New Post! Apr 26, 2008 @ 02:03:52
Oh okay, the child and hot iron example made me understand much better. Well, I guess religion or God does want us to be free afterall.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs