Undisciplined Rabble

I Believe These Phone Calls Are A Scam

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 04:04:58
I have got 3 over the past two days . It is a recording saying it's an official call from the IRS and that they are bringing a law suit against "you" .
Every place in the recording where the name of the person they are contacting should be heard it says "you" and there is a pause before each "you" .
" This is an official call from the IRS, we are bringing a law suit against-- " you"."
Then there is a long distance phone number repeated twice , ordering "you" to call their offices.
I figure that some people will freak out when they hear 'IRS and law suit' and call the number spewing their SS number , DOB , full name ect...
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 04:27:21
@white_swan53 Said

I have got 3 over the past two days . It is a recording saying it's an official call from the IRS and that they are bringing a law s=it against "you" .
Every place in the recording where the name of the person they are contacting should be heard it says "you" and there is a pause before each "you" .
" This is an official call from the IRS, we are bringing a law suit against-- " you"."
Then there is a long distance phone number repeated twice , ordering "you" to call their offices.
I figure that some people will freak out when they hear 'IRS and law suit' and call the number spewing their SS number , DOB , full name ect...

is a scam- I have read that a couple of weeks, irs doesn't call you. they would sent you let a letter first. that has a federal office seal or something on the letter.

the letter would ask for your society security numbers on it, with everything about you. how a scammers know your social security numbers?

you get call from microsoft ,that scram.

just google up after the call, google will tell you it is a scram or not.

tell irs to sent the letter from with them, you tell them have your lawyer will have to read first. the odds will against them sent a letter to you.

I seriously doubt they would sent the police after you, because the police would have investigate you.

I would suggest if they call you back and hang up on them. if you can block the call, do it.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 04:39:05
even if they know about you. if they know all the right information about you.

yesterday, government buildings will closed down early because of the holiday.

why would they call you on Saturday, mostly tomorrow, and Monday? why irs be open on the weekend?

if irs is probably audit on you. they would sent a letter one way or not.

a call not always official noticifaction, how you know it was real or not?
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#4New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 04:41:49
it is a scam,
we get them now and then over the past 2-3 years.
Report, then 'let it be'.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 05:59:10
@twilitezone911 Said

is a scam- I have read that a couple of weeks, irs doesn't call you. they would sent you let a letter first. that has a federal office seal or something on the letter.

the letter would ask for your society security numbers on it, with everything about you. how a scammers know your social security numbers?

you get call from microsoft ,that scram.

just google up after the call, google will tell you it is a scram or not.

tell irs to sent the letter from with them, you tell them have your lawyer will have to read first. the odds will against them sent a letter to you.

I seriously doubt they would sent the police after you, because the police would have investigate you.

I would suggest if they call you back and hang up on them. if you can block the call, do it.

The bold text.
I don't think they have my SS# I think they are hoping I call the number they give and give my info to them.
My taxes are done by a reputable tax preparer and has been for a couple of decades . I have no worries about any law suit .

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 06:05:30
@DuLu Said

it is a scam,
we get them now and then over the past 2-3 years.
Report, then 'let it be'.

I'm thinking that they got the info of my hubby's estate being settled from public records . It's only been a few months that we got it all settled and everyone got their inheritance . That's why I'm getting these calls now . I'm going now to the real IRS web site and report it and give them the number .
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#7New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 08:57:46
These calls are clearly a scam. Do not answer them. The IRS does not call like that. Even if you get something in the mail be suspicious. Do not give out personal info if asked. If the situation is legitimate the caller would already have all the info. Look in information directory and get legitimate IRS phone number and contact the IRS your self. Or go in person to a local IRS office. They will be happy to assist you.

Corey.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 11:36:16
It is a recording and does not ask for any info. It gives a phone number that I have not and have no plans to call. as far as I'm concerned, they can piss up a rope for my info.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jul 03, 2016 @ 12:00:25
@white_swan53 Said

It is a recording and does not ask for any info. It gives a phone number that I have not and have no plans to call. as far as I'm concerned, they can piss up a rope for my info.

mostly, if you call be recording of some sort are or possible could be someone who give a name or even series of numbers identifying him ( mostly man or hardly woman. seen more men will scam that a women do. I never get who get a woman try to scam me. )

the series numbers is probably will mostly be fake, even you want to call irs to check the person out. even, if the person doesn't want any really personal information.

it could be just prank to annoy the hell out of you, for you waste your time to the irs.

most prankers think this really funny think to that a person, raise your temperature. all they want, but ask for no money, or anything from you. do it, they can do to you at anytime.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#10New Post! Jul 04, 2016 @ 07:32:49
100% a scam. It's happening in Canada too. The callers claim they're from CRA, but they demand you pay them on supposed owed money, but the actual CRA has made it very clear they don't threaten people with lawsuits and stuff like that. A majority of the fake calls are coming from India, I don't know if it's the same people running them in the States too, but yeah, f*** them.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#11New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 21:51:21
One we've been recently getting is the old microsoft support one. Trying to tell me that my computer sent them a signal when I was online.

It would be funny except there are people that fall for it and the calling scammers are rude. Which I don't get, if you want to scam someone why be rude.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 21:55:51
@white_swan53 Said

I have got 3 over the past two days . It is a recording saying it's an official call from the IRS and that they are bringing a law suit against "you" .

Yup. Scam.

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 02:38:39
@LuckyCharms Said

One we've been recently getting is the old microsoft support one. Trying to tell me that my computer sent them a signal when I was online.

It would be funny except there are people that fall for it and the calling scammers are rude. Which I don't get, if you want to scam someone why be rude.

One of my daughter in laws fell for that one , her lap top was immediately locked with the password changed . they had to take it inn to the place they bought it to get back into the thing . I'm betting she don't do that again .
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#14New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 02:41:24
@white_swan53 Said

One of my daughter in laws fell for that one , her lap top was immediately locked with the password changed . they had to take it inn to the place they bought it to get back into the thing . I'm betting she don't do that again .

Interesting factoid. In windows 10, remote assistance isn't allowed in the control panel - the mouse quits functioning for the remote assistance operator once it is in the control panel window. I found that out when I was on tech support with Intuit for our software upgrade at work. They had to access the control panel and every time they needed something done in there, I had to do it.

I give microsoft points for that one. Very clever.

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! Jul 07, 2016 @ 03:11:49
@LuckyCharms Said

Interesting factoid. In windows 10, remote assistance isn't allowed in the control panel - the mouse quits functioning for the remote assistance operator once it is in the control panel window. I found that out when I was on tech support with Intuit for our software upgrade at work. They had to access the control panel and every time they needed something done in there, I had to do it.

I give microsoft points for that one. Very clever.

I've made plans with a friend of mine to take my lap top to town and use their wi fi account to upgrade to win 10 some time soon. I tried to do it on this dial up and it said " estimated time remaining , more then 3 days" .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs