Health & Fitness

I've lost 96 pounds in six months!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
pelucidar On April 05, 2016

Houston, Texas
#1New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 20:45:21
Yep! It's true, no pills, no surgery, no injections.

I have 16 more to go and want to share my story with anyone who feels like they're ready to get their life back.

My friends on here know that I own a pub and don't need to sell stuff, I'm here trying to pay forward what has happened to me. I have my life back, my wife couldn't be happier, it's just amazing my transformation.

No fad diet here, a well balanced plan. This is not spam, I'm reaching out to anyone who feels like there is no more hope. I've done so many plans in the past and have failed and this one is different!

I will be glad to help anyone who might be willing to do this as I have become a Health Coach for them. I just want to pay it forward. I cannot begin to tell you how happy it is to have my life back!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 20:53:32
That's 4 pounds a week. Something is awry or unhealthy here.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 21:03:07
Hey well done. Thats a great achievement. COuld you PM me your diet. ANd does this include exercise or not??
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#4New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 21:03:58
@pelucidar Said

Yep! It's true, no pills, no surgery, no injections.

I have 16 more to go and want to share my story with anyone who feels like they're ready to get their life back.

My friends on here know that I own a pub and don't need to sell stuff, I'm here trying to pay forward what has happened to me. I have my life back, my wife couldn't be happier, it's just amazing my transformation.

No fad diet here, a well balanced plan. This is not spam, I'm reaching out to anyone who feels like there is no more hope. I've done so many plans in the past and have failed and this one is different!

I will be glad to help anyone who might be willing to do this as I have become a Health Coach for them. I just want to pay it forward. I cannot begin to tell you how happy it is to have my life back!

I suspect foul play here. Your loss of 96lbs in 183 days = 1.90lbs shed per day. A healthy amount to shed per day is ½ lb. Any more than that you risk damaging vital organs.

J.R
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 21:04:28
@townie_guy Said

Hey well done. Thats a great achievement. COuld you PM me your diet. ANd does this include exercise or not??

Eat less and exercise.

It's the best diet out there, and most healthy. You should lose 1-2 pounds a week with that.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 21:04:49
It's a huge difference, You look great Pel.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#7New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 21:06:25
@JR_Sanford Said

I suspect foul play here. Your loss of 96lbs in 183 days = 1.90lbs shed per day. A healthy amount to shed per day is ½ lb. Any more than that you risk damaging vital organs.

J.R

Your math is way off, but you are right in that he lost too much too quickly. To ensure only fat is being loss and not lean tissue, he needs to be losing NO MORE than 1-2 pounds a week, which is 1/7 to 2/7 lbs per day.

Houston, Texas
#8New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 21:12:51
Thanks, and for those of you that think it's unhealthy, it is not. It was created by a doctor and recommended by thousands of doctors and I'm not talking about Dr. Oz.

Like any other program worth its salt, it tells you to check with your doctor before starting it. So please, don't just jump on here and start saying it is unhealthy when you don't even know what it is. I am under a doctors care and he is wildly happy with the results.

Yes my loss has been fast but that's because I've followed it 100% and while the best way to lose weight is reduce your intake and exercise most people that are to my point of heavy won't and don't want to hear that.

This plan teaches you to eat healthy and controls your caloric intake and keeps you on a low glycemic index. So please, all you naysayers that just jumped on this with negative posts, leave it alone. You may be affecting someone's life. My picture and my new health are living proof it works.

The plan works, but not everyone may lose as fast as I did, some may lose faster. I'll be 49 in August and was obviously over 100 pounds overweight.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 21:17:19
@pelucidar Said

Thanks, and for those of you that think it's unhealthy, it is not. It was created by a doctor and recommended by thousands of doctors and I'm not talking about Dr. Oz.

Like any other program worth its salt, it tells you to check with your doctor before starting it. So please, don't just jump on here and start saying it is unhealthy when you don't even know what it is. I am under a doctors care and he is wildly happy with the results.

Yes my loss has been fast but that's because I've followed it 100% and while the best way to lose weight is reduce your intake and exercise most people that are to my point of heavy won't and don't want to hear that.

This plan teaches you to eat healthy and controls your caloric intake and keeps you on a low glycemic index. So please, all you naysayers that just jumped on this with negative posts, leave it alone. You may be affecting someone's life. My picture and my new health are living proof it works.

The plan works, but not everyone may lose as fast as I did, some may lose faster. I'll be 49 in August and was obviously over 100 pounds overweight.

Then what exactly is it? If the loss is only through dieting then you should not be losing more than 2 pounds a week, because it isn't fat if you are, and dangerous. If your doctor is prescribing this or recommending this then you really ought to be checking his credentials. Any knowledgeable physician in the area of nutrition and exercise would tell you this.

Houston, Texas
#10New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 21:39:22
@Leon Said

Then what exactly is it? If the loss is only through dieting then you should not be losing more than 2 pounds a week, because it isn't fat if you are, and dangerous. If your doctor is prescribing this or recommending this then you really ought to be checking his credentials. Any knowledgeable physician in the area of nutrition and exercise would tell you this.

Research Dr. Wayne Anderson and the Habits of Health. Research Medifast. It is not a quack diet, not a fad. I'm not sure what your medical background is, your current health but what you posting is your opinion and yes there are those that support you in the medical field and just as many if more that don't. Now I was on blood pressure and cholesterol medicine and had plaque building rapidly in my areteries due to my lifestyle. My doctor wanted me to have gastric bypass and I refused because I knew I could take hold of this and control it. GB wasn't going to teach me how to eat healthy. Many GB lapband patients have put all the weight back on and more, just as many people who have followed this plan have done too. However, they have not had most of their stomach removed and they are eating real normal food. By the way, I'm no longer on blood pressure meds, my cholesterol came back low and were it not for my plaque I would have been taken off that as well and hope to be on my next visit. My dosage was severely reduced.

Again, who are you to just say it's wrong? Really, who are you?

Now, for anyone out there that was like me and has tried and failed or just wants to try for the first time, let me know. I will be happy to help you! This is the link to find more information:
https://newlifestyle4me.tsfl.com

Do your own research, don't take my word for it and don't just listen to someone who automatically craps on something when they don't even know what it is.

This "unhealthy" thing that you like to call it, saved my life and my marriage. Again, I'm here to help those who want it, not to argue with someone that could care less.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#11New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 21:54:27
@pelucidar Said

Research Dr. Wayne Anderson and the Habits of Health. Research Medifast. It is not a quack diet, not a fad. I'm not sure what your medical background is, your current health but what you posting is your opinion and yes there are those that support you in the medical field and just as many if more that don't. Now I was on blood pressure and cholesterol medicine and had plaque building rapidly in my areteries due to my lifestyle. My doctor wanted me to have gastric bypass and I refused because I knew I could take hold of this and control it. GB wasn't going to teach me how to eat healthy. Many GB lapband patients have put all the weight back on and more, just as many people who have followed this plan have done too. However, they have not had most of their stomach removed and they are eating real normal food. By the way, I'm no longer on blood pressure meds, my cholesterol came back low and were it not for my plaque I would have been taken off that as well and hope to be on my next visit. My dosage was severely reduced.

Again, who are you to just say it's wrong? Really, who are you?

Now, for anyone out there that was like me and has tried and failed or just wants to try for the first time, let me know. I will be happy to help you! This is the link to find more information:
https://newlifestyle4me.tsfl.com

Do your own research, don't take my word for it and don't just listen to someone who automatically craps on something when they don't even know what it is.

This "unhealthy" thing that you like to call it, saved my life and my marriage. Again, I'm here to help those who want it, not to argue with someone that could care less.

Your diet only allows 800-1,000 calories a day. No wonder. You're on a starvation diet.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#12New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 22:02:51
Nobody should ever go lower than 1,200 calories a day when dieting. Sure, you'll get faster results if you do, but you lose essential body mass and water (dehydration) rather than mostly fat. It is unhealthy, dangerous, and may have catastrophic consequences if done for too long.

"During the early weeks of weight loss, at least 75% of the weight you lose should be fat loss and not more than 25% should come from lean body mass...as you continue to lose weight, especially if certain types of exercise are included in your weight loss plan, fat loss should be about 90% of the weight you lose and lean body mass should be about 10%.

"The best method for losing weight is to follow a program that helps you to maintain hydration, lose more storage fat, and lose as little lean body mass as possible. Such programs promote a balanced eating pattern and a well rounded program of physical activity that includes some strength training to build or preserve muscle.

"The average rate of weight loss should be no more than two pounds a week. If the calories you eat are too low and you lose weight too fast, you will lose a greater percentage of lean body mass than is desirable. Some dietary strategies may allow you to lose pounds faster; however they promote the loss of both lean body mass and body water. Therefore, even though the pounds you lose may be higher, you will be losing the wrong type of weight."

https://www.shapeup.org/bfl/basics1.html
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 22:31:08
And it looks like Medifast has a history of paying doctors to promote a different version of their plan, using those endorsements to support their 800-1,000 calorie plan, and falsely beefing up the total stated number of doctors in their advertisements.

https://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2010/12/deception-about-the-history-of-medifast-and-take-shape-for-life/
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 22:31:43
@Leon Said

Eat less and exercise.

It's the best diet out there, and most healthy. You should lose 1-2 pounds a week with that.

Thats about 1Kg a week. Thats nothing. If I go phys mad I can smash out way more than that. I can just take myself into the brecon beacons for a couple of weeks, do about 10-15 miles a day with about 20Kg on my back and live off camping food. I will loose way moe than 1Kg a week. Especially with a couple of boot runs chucked in.

And please dont tell me that is too strenuous, my minimum fitness level is 8 miles in 2 hours with 15kg + 3Kg water. So 10-15 miles is taking it easy over a day.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Jul 15, 2012 @ 22:33:55
@townie_guy Said

Thats about 1Kg a week. Thats nothing. If I go phys mad I can smash out way more than that. I can just take myself into the brecon beacons for a couple of weeks, do about 10-15 miles a day with about 20Kg on my back and live off camping food. I will loose way moe than 1Kg a week. Especially with a couple of boot runs chucked in.

And please dont tell me that is too strenuous, my minimum fitness level is 8 miles in 2 hours with 15kg + 3Kg water. So 10-15 miles is taking it easy over a day.

Nothing wrong with exercise. It's primarily the dieting that will get you losing weight though.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs