Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...8 9 10 · >>
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#31New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 03:58:47
@somebody Said

Oh no, a building with insurance got windows smashed.

The fact that a business has insurance doesn't make you less of criminal.

And, actually, what you are doing in that case it pushing the burden to your fellow minorities who ultimately carry the burden of things like insurance and tax.

So, now you are even more one a pariah... you are hurting your own in a misguided attempt to pretend like you morally stand above others.

You are at least as bad as those you riot against.

You should be publicly bare a** caned and then sent to prison only to come out when you kiss the naked a** of the victims you have hurt.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#32New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 03:59:57
@somebody Said

Peaceful protests only work when their cause is in the system's best interests.

MLK and Gandi disagree with you.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#33New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 04:08:54
@somebody Said

Peaceful protests only work when their cause is in the system's best interests.

I’d argue that truely peaceful protest never work.
Thing just go that way and people feel like they accomplished something.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#34New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 04:23:24
@chaski Said

I don’t think mlk jr really advocated for peaceful protests. I mean he knew that their actions were going to met with violence.

The difference is the marches were more done with a purpose, ie they were going to vote in a group neuter police could beat and arrest all of them. Rather than just showing up on a day to be annoying.

He recognized there was a fundamental civil disobedience involved and that riots were a type of frustration. I wouldn’t say he advocated for them as a first step, as he tried being nice several times, but in reality it wasn’t until they started “fighting back” that they got anywhere.

I’m ignorant in a lot of Gandhi’s struggles, so I can’t argue on that. Hunger strikes are not exactly peaceful, but not necessarily violent towards others.

Technically it depends on what your definition of “peaceful” lies. If absolutely no law is broken, then yeah that not s protest that is a planned parade.
Burning buildings and/or property is probably unnecessary and more riot than protest.
If you mean peaceful as non violent, I’d probably go with that. As there are many things that are criminal but not violent.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#35New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 04:54:55
@DiscordTiger Said

I don’t think mlk jr really advocated for peaceful protests

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that point.

The fact that you realize that your peaceful protest might result in a violent response does not negate the fact that you are promoting peaceful protest.

The point, I think, is that MLK Jr promoted no violence protest and non violent response to the State's violent repression of the protest.

This is actually what modern protests have lost...forgotten...failed to grasp....

Peaceful not violent protest wii "incite" violence upon the peaceful... but that actually, to a point, helps the protesters.

When the protesters resort to violent and destruction, their message gets lost.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#36New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 11:08:35
@somebody Said

More guaranteed rights like housing, income, medicine.
Abolition of rigid authoritarian structures.
Equality of man.

and who is going to pay for all your "guaranteed" rights??

you burn down the businesses that would pay taxes that would pay for your demands..

and how are you going to enforce all these new "rights"?
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#37New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 11:15:39
@chaski Said

and I would add women's suffrage movement...
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#38New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 12:29:48
@DiscordTiger Said

Meh, assuming it’s not trolling.

Most of the protest aren’t actually rioting. Civil disobedience yes, rioting no so much. Civil disobedience is the point.

Anyone saying they want a peaceful protest is a f***ing idiot. That not how protests work. If your really all about peaceful, compromise, stuff your working your stuff out in different ways (like paying s*** tones of money to lobbyists)

Protest is fundamentally an act of frustration against power.

Most people that have a “problem” with it are usually on the belief spectrum of authoritarianism. There are rules, and people that don’t follow them need to be removed. (Usually violently, because they get off on that s***). It’s all about punishment not making things better. Ever. All about the punishment.

It’s the basis of a lot of government and or religious structures. Just a belief that they only do the right thing because they want to avoid the punishment, so their only tool is to punish everyone they can’t agree with.

When all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

It doesn’t have to be that way, but there are enough peoptthat think it does, so therefor it is.

The Original protester Martin Luther was against corruption and abuses. Luther believed The Church misinterpreted the scriptures and preyed upon the uneducated and poor. He did not have a problem with authority.

None of us should. The trick here is to identify what that authority looks like and where it comes from.

The early reformers he put in motion outlined the actual source and scope of authority. (We are saved by Grace alone, by faith alone, by Scripture alone, through Christ alone). He never tried to undo or upend Christianity as a whole.

Fast forward to 2020. The left-leaning mob of today will in fact kill someone for wearing a MAGA hat, saying “All lives matter,” or just being the wrong skin color. They destroy public property and tear down any and all statues of historical figures (not just Civil war heroes) and threaten the lives and families of anyone who disagrees with them. They have cowed corporations to adopting cancel culture. Entire food brands are blinking out of existence for fear of being labeled insensitive or somehow racist (that term is now officially meaningless).

I think of that last scene in the Lord of the Flies where the degenerate children are running around the jungle without any sense. No values. No sense of right and wrong. Eventually, they turn on each other and it becomes violent.

Portland and Chicago are exactly that. The Feds cannot arrive soon enough.

Lord of the Flies: Ending Scene
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 13:44:17
@gakINGKONG Said

The Original protester Martin Luther was against corruption and abuses. Luther believed The Church misinterpreted the scriptures......

The original Martin Luther, after first condemning the Catholic Church for their treatment of the Jews changed his tune later when they in effect turned their backs upon his attempted reforms of Church teaching....

Luthers words:-

First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools … This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians …"

"Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed."

"Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them."

"Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb …"

"Fifth, I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside …"

"Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them …"

"Seventh, I recommend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow … But if we are afraid that they might harm us or our wives, children, servants, cattle, etc., … then let us emulate the common sense of other nations such as France, Spain, Bohemia, etc., … then eject them forever from the country …"

Given those words I would presume that the continuing persecution of the Jews was not helped by his teachings.

Another thought....did his words at the time lead to peaceful protests against the Jewish people, or not?

Meanwhile, the "correct" interpretation of the Bible continues to evolve.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 14:10:58
@offbeat Said

It's not the death penalty though is it. The death penalty is a well practised routine whereby a murderer sits in prison for a huge number of years wasting everyone's time and a great deal of public money. In the meantime the family of the victim/s are left high and dry knowing that the scumbag that killed their loved one is trying hard to escape his/her penalty. By contrast, shooting a violent rioter/looter dead saves all of the previously mentioned grief and may well deter others from behaving like a scumbag in public.

Taking your line of thinking, I suppose you think it would be alright for some cop to decide to be judge, jury and executioner and dish out summary "justice" at his whim. I also presume you would find this perfectly acceptable if the cop in question was white and the person he took it upon himself to designate the "Scumbag" was black.

But would you take a similar view if the cop in question was black and decided - by virtue of the same caprice - to shoot dead YOUR wife, or YOUR parent, or YOUR child...?

After all, he would be a legally appointed officer of the law acting upon his discretion and dealing out a summary punishment as he saw fit. How could this not be acceptable to you...?

Of course, it doesn't matter whether or not the individual was actually doing anything that required the sanction of the law, all that mattered was that the officer SAYS it happened. The offender would be dead and couldn't be brought back so what would be the point of an expensive, time consuming inquiry into the shooting...?

Move along now, nothing to see here.

Alternatively...…… If YOUR loved one was arrested and you thought that your child or wife couldn't possibly have carried out the alleged offences, but was convicted of them and sentenced to death.... would you not pursue every legal avenue available to save them from the noose..?

Answer on the back of a postage stamp, please.

You see......… in the bizarre world that exists in the mind of extremists, only black people commit crime so summary execution is alright. It's perfectly acceptable to shoot on sight, kill and blithely walk off, puffing the smoke away as it drifts from the still-warm barrel.

Their version of justice is that it's alright to kill anybody they decide to label a "scumbag" - which usually means anybody who is black - without bothering with all that annoying, irritating "evidence" business that gets in the way of a fun execution or lynching.

And of course, it mustn't be applied to anybody in their family or social circle.

Of course it mustn't.

That wouldn't be justice. That would be murder.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#41New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 15:35:38
@bobbimay Said

and I would add women's suffrage movement...

Yes... agree... thank you.

I admit to being remiss in not adding them in the first place.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#42New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 15:49:23
Grammies says "evolution" so here my chance:

Of course, we all know Darwin's finches are a classical example of adaptive radiation. There are 120 sequenced birds including all known species of Darwin's finches says Sangeet Lamichhaney who by the way is lending a hand in Nepal for China Virus research so-called by our very own president Donald Jehosephat Trump (orange man bad har har) who might likely win the 2020 election provided we can flatten the COVID curve (cmon ya'll riot for another six months har har) or/and voter fraud through mail-in ballots isn't too deep in the mix.

And doesn't everyone enjoy frozen custard?

**leave it to a disenfranchised ex-churchman to the run the rabbit on Martin Luther**
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#43New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 16:02:03
@Jennifer1984 Said

Taking your line of thinking, I suppose you think it would be alright for some cop to decide to be judge, jury and executioner and dish out summary "justice" at his whim. I also presume you would find this perfectly acceptable if the cop in question was white and the person he took it upon himself to designate the "Scumbag" was black.

But would you take a similar view if the cop in question was black and decided - by virtue of the same caprice - to shoot dead YOUR wife, or YOUR parent, or YOUR child...?

After all, he would be a legally appointed officer of the law acting upon his discretion and dealing out a summary punishment as he saw fit. How could this not be acceptable to you...?

Of course, it doesn't matter whether or not the individual was actually doing anything that required the sanction of the law, all that mattered was that the officer SAYS it happened. The offender would be dead and couldn't be brought back so what would be the point of an expensive, time consuming inquiry into the shooting...?

Move along now, nothing to see here.

Alternatively...…… If YOUR loved one was arrested and you thought that your child or wife couldn't possibly have carried out the alleged offences, but was convicted of them and sentenced to death.... would you not pursue every legal avenue available to save them from the noose..?

Answer on the back of a postage stamp, please.

You see......… in the bizarre world that exists in the mind of extremists, only black people commit crime so summary execution is alright. It's perfectly acceptable to shoot on sight, kill and blithely walk off, puffing the smoke away as it drifts from the still-warm barrel.

Their version of justice is that it's alright to kill anybody they decide to label a "scumbag" - which usually means anybody who is black - without bothering with all that annoying, irritating "evidence" business that gets in the way of a fun execution or lynching.

And of course, it mustn't be applied to anybody in their family or social circle.

Of course it mustn't.

That wouldn't be justice. That would be murder.

I'll keep this short ( unlike yourself ). I don't care if a black cop shoots a white scumbag. It's the scumbag part that i have a problem with, not the colour. And lastly, it's people like you that have undermined authority and law and order in the West with you're defence of rights for people that destroy the lives of the innocent ( many of whom are children!
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#44New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 16:04:30
@chaski Said

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that point.

The fact that you realize that your peaceful protest might result in a violent response does not negate the fact that you are promoting peaceful protest.

The point, I think, is that MLK Jr promoted no violence protest and non violent response to the State's violent repression of the protest.

This is actually what modern protests have lost...forgotten...failed to grasp....

Peaceful not violent protest wii "incite" violence upon the peaceful... but that actually, to a point, helps the protesters.

When the protesters resort to violent and destruction, their message gets lost.

Ok I see where our disconnect is.

It’s a technicality on the word peaceful. Probably more my issue and rooted in my annoyance at a particular f***ing idiot trying to make a parade sound “cool” by calling it a protest because they literally feel left out and their ego can’t take it.

If you refer to peaceful as non violent. We agree

If you mean peaceful as literally no civil rules broken, we don’t agree. Civil disobedience is the point. You can certainly be disobedient while still remaining non violent and not inciting violence and destruction.

As for the. Women’s suffrage movement
We all know well behaved women don’t make history.

So I guess I’m just seeing too many people policing tone and behavior and equating being well behaved and peaceful. The two are not the same.

I so apologize if you are not making that argument. I’ve just seen it often as another way to attack the oppressed.
Like the reason Rosa Parks was not the first black woman to sit at the front of the bus. She was the first “respectable” one they felt they could defend— because other women were either trampy, nasty, or disrespectful when they did it. Rosa was just tired.

I certainly don’t mean to take anything away from Rosa. I’m speaking more on tone policing and performative behavior that must be met that is not necessarily violent.

Burning cities and destroying property is unnecessary.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#45New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 16:11:44
Like for the women’s march after the inauguration. It was peaceful in the sense it didn’t cause major property damage.

But people still complained about the pussy hats and wording on the signs. As well as the signs being left behind.
(When the librarians specifically asked people to leave those signs so they could be captured and archived). The opposition spun protesters as “vulgar trash” for wear cat ears and helping librarians.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs