Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...18 19 20 · >>
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#31New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 13:48:43
@treetopflyer Said
I did not know you asked me a question. Let me see, give me a minute.

Human evolution imo was and isn't easy. The process took millions of yrs. ,trail and error if you will.

Our brains must be the right size for our current condition because life itself is the meaning of reality.

Im glad you agree the process did take i think 2million plus years to get where we are today.. a spec of dust on the bigger picture of the worlds history and the world is a tiny spec on the universes history.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#32New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 13:48:59
We are no different than chickens?
innit!

#33New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 13:50:52
@treetopflyer Said
We are no different than chickens?

On the subatomic level we are the same as everthing.. vibrations in the wind.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#34New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 13:55:24
@markfox01 Said
On the subatomic level we are the same as everthing.. vibrations in the wind.

Sorry I must disagree! abstract thinking alone makes us different. not to mention problem solving!
innit!

#35New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 17:01:39
@treetopflyer Said
Sorry I must disagree! abstract thinking alone makes us different. not to mention problem solving!

Are we really abstract thinking.. or are we all think we are abatract and not just doing what we have nataural evolved to do.. making us think we are intelligent but instead we are all just memes.
lea_doll On October 22, 2010

Bras?lia, Brazil
#36New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 17:49:41
It's hard for me to believe that consciousness is just "brain activity" and "chemistry".
How can things like anger, sadness, jealousy, hate, love... come out of nothing? If it does, then it means that these feelings really don't mean anything. They are just chemical reactions.
I like to think when I say "I love you" to my husband its more than just a chemical reaction I'm acting on. That it actually means something.
gasolinerainbow On December 27, 2013

sha lalalaa..., United Kingdom
#37New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 18:18:15
they dont come from nothing though, they are a result of advanced neurological networks connecting to your brain,acting on nerve impulses being transducted from your sensory receptors.
which in turn drive hormones all working through negative feedback mechanisms..and causing us to respond in different ways for different situations.

dont underestimate it's complexity
babylon On January 18, 2008

Deleted

Sad El Baouchrieh, Lebanon
#38New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 19:33:03
Just to clarify something people: the Big Bang is no longer the beginning of the universe. Scientists are now saying that the universe existed before the big bang.By combining the symmetries introduced by the theory of strings with the symmetry with time reversal, whereby the equations of physics work when applied indiscriminately to the future or the past, the researchers imagine new cosmologies, big bang is not the beginning of time but only a violent transition between 2 states of the universe: before, its expansion accelerates, After it slows.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#39New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 20:23:41
My beliefs coinside with mathematician Roger Penrose.
Heres a mathimatical theroy that shows evolution is beyond the realm of mathematicly possible.

Coincidence is a mathematical term and the possibility of an event's occurrence can be calculated using the mathematics of probability.

The calculations of British mathematician Roger Penrose show that the probability of universe conducive to life occurring by chance is in 10 10 123.(Thats 10 to the exsponant 10 to the exsponant 123) The phrase "extremely unlikely" is inadequate to describe this possibility.
Taking the physical variables into account, what is the likelihood of a universe giving us life coming into existence by coincidence? One in billions of billions? Or trillions of trillions of trillions? Or more?

Roger Penrose*, a famous British mathematician and a close friend of Stephen Hawking, wondered about this question and tried to calculate the probability. Including what he considered to be all variables required for human beings to exist and live on a planet such as ours, he computed the probability of this environment occurring among all the possible results of the Big Bang.

According to Penrose, the odds against such an occurrence were on the order of 10 10 123 to 1.

It is hard even to imagine what this number means. In math, the value 10 123 means 1 followed by 123 zeros. (This is, by the way, more than the total number of atoms 10 78 believed to exist in the whole universe.) But Penrose's answer is vastly more than this: It requires 1 followed by 10 123 zeros.

Or consider: 103 means 1,000, a thousand. 10 103 is a number that that has 1 followed by 1000 zeros. If there are six zeros, it's called a million; if nine, a billion; if twelve, a trillion and so on. There is not even a name for a number that has 1 followed by 10123 zeros.

In practical terms, in mathematics, a probability of 1 in 1050 means "zero probability". Penrose's number is more than trillion trillion trillion times less than that. In short, Penrose's number tells us that the 'accidental" or "coincidental" creation of our universe is an impossibility.

Concerning this mind-boggling number Roger Penrose comments:

This now tells how precise the Creator's aim must have been, namely to an accuracy of one part in 10 10 123. This is an extraordinary figure. One could not possibly even write the number down in full in the ordinary denary notation: it would be 1 followed by 10 123 successive 0's. Even if we were to write a 0 on each separate proton and on each separate neutron in the entire universe- and we could throw in all the other particles for good measure- we should fall far short of writing down the figure needed.

In fact in order to recognize that the universe is not a "product of coincidences" one does not really need any of these calculations at all. Simply by looking around himself, a person can easily perceive the fact of creation in even the tiniest details of what he sees. How could a universe like this, perfect in its systems, the sun, the earth, people, houses, cars, trees, flowers, insects, and all the other things in it ever have come into existence as the result of atoms falling together by chance after an explosion? Every detail we peer at shows the evidence of God's existence and supreme power. Only people who reflect can grasp these signs.
lesfox719 On July 17, 2009

Bowling Green, Kentucky
#40New Post! Jan 08, 2008 @ 20:28:20
First off, I am not claiming to know anything about this topic. But I think it is a good question. And I have something to add. Some animals seem to conscious of their situation at least to some degree. Like those that get depressed when they are alone, or jealous of other animals and such. If you do subscribe to the idea that souls exist (and to clarify I do) then why would animals not have souls as well, just a lesser capability of expression?
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#41New Post! Jan 09, 2008 @ 01:54:28
What about the 21 gram scientific breakthrough? No one knows why we loose 21 grams at the time of our death but no one wants to conclude that it is our spirit. But I guess we'll just have to leave that up to debate as well.
frank_trebor On January 19, 2008

Banned

Mexico, Mexico
#42New Post! Jan 09, 2008 @ 03:35:21
@markfox01 Said
Same here.. And for the answer to treetop.. yes humans are here by chance and luck.

Sorry my friend, chance and luck has nothing to do with it at all.

We are here by design - God's design
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#43New Post! Jan 09, 2008 @ 06:27:31
@arcades Said

In fact in order to recognize that the universe is not a "product of coincidences" one does not really need any of these calculations at all. Simply by looking around himself, a person can easily perceive the fact of creation in even the tiniest details of what he sees. How could a universe like this, perfect in its systems, the sun, the earth, people, houses, cars, trees, flowers, insects, and all the other things in it ever have come into existence as the result of atoms falling together by chance after an explosion? Every detail we peer at shows the evidence of God's existence and supreme power. Only people who reflect can grasp these signs.

Considering the size of the universe, the chance of finding some life in it are pretty good. There might be alot of things that needed to come together, but somewhere in the vastness of space it did and we are the product of that.
You only need to look at the other planets to see that we are a product of chance, for a start you say yourself if there was no god, the chance of life being in existance is next to nothing, well have you met any aliens? The chance of life is so slim, we are the only life for billions of miles. And why would such a mighty supreme being make just one rock with life on it and then just add or leave all these other planets?
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#45New Post! Jan 09, 2008 @ 09:34:19
@calonso Said
What about the 21 gram scientific breakthrough? No one knows why we loose 21 grams at the time of our death but no one wants to conclude that it is our spirit. But I guess we'll just have to leave that up to debate as well.

If it HAD been a scientific breakthrough, it probably wouldn't need to be up for debate at all.

https://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...18 19 20 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs