The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Health & Fitness:
Conditions & Diseases

How to win the cold war-LOL-we can try

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Oct 24, 2011 @ 21:48:21
Washing your hands is number one, wash them often. They even put hand sanitizer wipes with carts at some stores now. Walk around and see if you want to use a cart that has just been returned by a man picking his nose, or a person sneezing all over it. Antibacterial soap doesn't do any more good than regular soap. It's about frequently washing.

Use tissues, not handkerchiefs and then throw them away. They don't belong in the bottom of your purse.

Clean surfaces that may attract germs well. I'm always cleaning doorknobs, think about it.

Don't hang with people who have colds and don't go around people if you have one and can avoid it.
NO BRAINERS, I KNOW, BUT WHEN WE'RE IN A HURRY, HARD TO FOLLOW THROUGH.
DO'S AND DON'TS
Don't fix a hot toddy, alcohol can a actually make you more stuffy, they don't help.
Don't smoke or be around it. Smokers hold onto colds longer than non smokers.
Don't take antibiotics, they do nothing for viral infections. Ear starts to hurt; check with a dr.
Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 24, 2011 @ 22:00:04
i thought this was about the 46 year cold war between russia and the allies
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 24, 2011 @ 22:25:38
I've managed to avoid getting a cold so far by washing my hands rather a lot and taking multivitamins and herbal tea. I'm not sure if they actually stopped me from getting one or if I'm just lucky, but I'm not complaining
Natural asshole

#4New Post! Oct 24, 2011 @ 22:26:44
@sister_of_mercy Said

I've managed to avoid getting a cold so far by washing my hands rather a lot and taking multivitamins and herbal tea. I'm not sure if they actually stopped me from getting one or if I'm just lucky, but I'm not complaining

Lucky... *sneezes away from you into a tissue*

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 24, 2011 @ 22:26:45
@ReAdSaLoT Said

Washing your hands is number one, wash them often. They even put hand sanitizer wipes with carts at some stores now. Walk around and see if you want to use a cart that has just been returned by a man picking his nose, or a person sneezing all over it. Antibacterial soap doesn't do any more good than regular soap. It's about frequently washing.

Use tissues, not handkerchiefs and then throw them away. They don't belong in the bottom of your purse.

Clean surfaces that may attract germs well. I'm always cleaning doorknobs, think about it.

Don't hang with people who have colds and don't go around people if you have one and can avoid it.
NO BRAINERS, I KNOW, BUT WHEN WE'RE IN A HURRY, HARD TO FOLLOW THROUGH.
DO'S AND DON'TS
Don't fix a hot toddy, alcohol can a actually make you more stuffy, they don't help.
Don't smoke or be around it. Smokers hold onto colds longer than non smokers.
Don't take antibiotics, they do nothing for viral infections. Ear starts to hurt; check with a dr.

I hate it when people don't clean door handles, I'd have thought that would be one of the most obvious places to clean. Just thinking about the bacteria on it makes me cringe.

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Oct 24, 2011 @ 22:27:34
@Delta62 Said

Lucky... *sneezes away from you into a tissue*

Only a matter of time I imagine, the tube is infested with sick people at the moment.
Natural asshole

#7New Post! Oct 24, 2011 @ 22:28:48
@sister_of_mercy Said

Only a matter of time I imagine, the tube is infested with sick people at the moment.

Want my cold it is just a sniffle and sneezes and far lot better than what i had a couple of years ago
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 24, 2011 @ 22:38:35
I have OCD so wash my hands a stupid ammount each day,I have had the flu & pneumonia injection but still get colds typical!
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 24, 2011 @ 22:43:57
So it's not Nuke the crap out of anywhere...

...[Insert disappointed face here]
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs