Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

How to respond to a challenge

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On about 20 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 09:41:32
A confrontation is a complex subject. Everyone has different reactions to the same situation, some more agressive, others less, it depends.

For example, the late great wrestler Macho Man Randy Savage got into a brawl with a cowboy at a local Waffle Bar. It all started basically because of hunger and fatigue, but Savage was clearly looking for a fight.

Another great wrestler, Dutch Mantell wrote of this on his on-line blog. Please take a look at it and offer your thoughts on who threw the first punch and what you would've done in the cowboy's position...

The Waffle Bar Fight
Darkman666 On about 20 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 23:28:01
The article too long, and I stopped read it, half way.

It sound like a bar scene from any movie or tv show.

What gather from the article, the wrester(s) mind his or their own business.

Over 40 to 45 years ago, at waffle house, more or less, Wow! 🙂
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 03:13:24
Crabby Savage wanted to flex his testosterone.
And Cowboy was on his home turf.

But what the hell is a Cowboy doing with a Knife??

Where's his six-shooter?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 04:45:14
How to respond to a challenge

Walk away.

Why?

1. If the other guy is stronger or a better fighter than you, you are going to get your a** kicked.

2. If you are stronger or a better fighter than the other guy, you might hurt him (kill him?) and end up in prison. And if you don't end up in prison, you might have that infliction of damage on another human on your conscience forever.

I learned a long time ago that "you" should never show up to a fist fight with just your fists, bring a knife or a club... never show up to a knife fight with a knife, come with a gun. Never bring a weapon, unless you are willing to use it (if you don't the other guy is going to take it away and use it on you)... never bring a gun unless you are prepared to drop the hammer (or the other guy is going to take the gun and kill you or someone else). Most to this will end up with you in prison or a hospital or a grave.

War aside, getting into fights is a really bad idea.

When challenged, walk away and let the other guy think that he has won. You lose nothing.

Now, if the other guy attacks you, you must fight to win... to quote a line from a famous movie, "there are no rules in a knife fight." You must end it and end it fast... the longer you fight, the greater your chance of losing (unless you are Muhammad Ali fighting George Foreman in a controlled boxing bout).

Now, if someone physically attacks your mother/wife/daughter/etc.... attack fast without warning, without remorse, without hesitation... do not stop until the person is crushed to the ground beyond movement... if the person has friends, they must also be crushed beyond movement...

If the Mafia comes calling, kill them all... turn on them so hard that they are completely destroyed or you are dead, with the Mafia the game will be on forever... you can never stop, never retreat, never have a truce... your life will be a giver of death... forever. Same goes for terrorists.

The end.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#5New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 14:53:06
@mrmhead Said

Crabby Savage wanted to flex his testosterone.
And Cowboy was on his home turf.

But what the hell is a Cowboy doing with a Knife??

Where's his six-shooter?

Good point. You'd have thought that he'd have had it on him.

A friend of mine said he thought Randy Savage was quite clever by trying to reverse the pressure on the cowboy when he stood up before the fight got underway. I'm not too sure I get the meaning of that.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 15:20:49
I wondering if this stage, when back then, as a stunt back then.

I rarely heard in news, these incidents in real life.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 15:50:16
@darkman666 Said

I wondering if this stage, when back then, as a stunt back then.

I rarely heard in news, these incidents in real life.

Yeah! I would have been great publicity for Savage.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 17:37:52
@mrmhead Said

Yeah! I would have been great publicity for Savage.

When I read it, remind me of the fight scene in " burt reynolds's hooper ".
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#9New Post! Nov 12, 2020 @ 12:20:29
choices:

counterattack

defend

retreat

yield

it depends

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#10New Post! Nov 12, 2020 @ 15:12:03
@Erimitus Said

choices:

counterattack

defend

retreat

yield

it depends

Well, the timing of Randy Savage's offense couldn't have been worse. He'd let the cowboy, who was actually a cook on the first shift, announce that he'd gotten married and then when he was talking about his new wife, Savage said "who gives a f***!" By omission, this can mean a number of things:

"Who gives a f*** about your wife?"
"Who gives a f*** what she's like?"

Both of which fit into one possible context...

"I'm a wrestler and I work my a** off, so I need more attention."

In the Southern States of America, it's the height of rudness to resort to any of this, so a fight was written on the wind so to speak.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#11New Post! Jan 16, 2021 @ 14:12:38
I asked my best friend what he would've done had he been in the cowboy's position before the fight broke out, at the point where the cowboy and Randy were standing face to face and he told me he would've said, "yes we do have a problem. Would you care to do something about it?"

What would you have done?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs