Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#1New Post! Dec 01, 2010 @ 18:16:58
FINALLY, a mainstream article about losing weight actually gets it right.

If you have ever, ever thought about losing weight, you need to read this article. It's that simple. Pay particular attention to the part headed "Pump Iron."

https://health.yahoo.net/experts/healthieryou/why-guys-lose-weight-faster-women-and-how-steal-their-secrets
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#2New Post! Dec 01, 2010 @ 18:24:36
Perfect mind boosting thread for us women.

Kudos jonnythan for finding this article it is very helpful and makes perfect sense.
Asparagus On February 13, 2011

Eugene, Oregon
#3New Post! Dec 01, 2010 @ 18:47:41
This is a great article. When I have dieted I definitely did this. Idk, I don't see the point in starving yourself and eliminating everything you enjoy, that just seems to make you binge. But again, great article. Thanks for sharing!
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#4New Post! Dec 01, 2010 @ 18:57:06
They failed to say that women have 7% more fat cells than men. This gives then a softer touch, more nutritional backup for bearing children, and smoother curves.

Take it from this guy, I prefer a little extra rather than too lean.

Then left photo is way better

Women are more critical about their body image than men. Take it easy on yourselves please.

J.R.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#5New Post! Dec 01, 2010 @ 18:59:01
@jr_sanford Said

They failed to say that women have 7% more fat cells than men. This gives then a softer touch, more nutritional backup for bearing children, and smoother curves.

Women are more critical about their body image than men. Take it easy on yourselves please.

J.R.

Holy cow....are those both Amy Winehouse?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Dec 01, 2010 @ 18:59:48
@jr_sanford Said

J.R.

Please keep your offtopic crap and disturbing pictures out of this thread. It is meant to be helpful for people who want to lose weight, not about what you personally find attractive or drugged-up celebrities.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 01, 2010 @ 19:05:17
Yeah ... congrats .. finally, an article by a woman that applauds a mans ability to have 'laserlike focus' .... we're 'wired to concentrate on a single thing'.

One track minds rock!
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#8New Post! Dec 03, 2010 @ 05:08:49
Great article!

I started going to the gym. I went to a trainer because I had no idea what my workout should consist of and I wanted to make sure if I am doing it, I am doing it right and will see results in my health and body.

Its amazing the number of women who think they are going to bulk up and avoid using weights.

I get a program every 14 days but the principle stays the same. Cardio 2 days a week and weights/cario/core three days a week.

Cardio consists of at least 45 minutes and target heart rate is 140-150/ I then have do to my core and stretch.

Weight days are 10 minute warm up with target heart rate 120. Then I have 15 minutes of cardio, again target heart rate is 140-150. Then I do my mat exercises(right now its squats and lunges) then I have some free weight, then use the various machines, and go back to free weights, then the machines again. When I am done that, I have to do my core and my stretches.

I am seeing results in my health and body and am quite happy about it.

When something begins to get easy, the weights get heavier or the cardio gets set higher so I am never doing anything too easy for me but making sure I am not hurting myself.

I know many women who just did cardio and never really saw results. It is so important to do weights and cardio to lose weight and tone.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#9New Post! Dec 03, 2010 @ 05:32:06
Sweet. I'm in a biggest loser competition with my family. There is money on the line. I will not be sharing this with them.

, Canada
#10New Post! Dec 03, 2010 @ 05:40:42
@floydgirrl Said

Sweet. I'm in a biggest loser competition with my family. There is money on the line. I will not be sharing this with them.

How did I know you were going to say that.

It is really great info.

Thanks again, Jonnythan for sharing.
claudibeee On July 06, 2014
Pagan and proud

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 03, 2010 @ 08:40:43
Thanks jonnythan.

, Canada
#12New Post! Dec 04, 2010 @ 18:01:52
I hope this is not considered off topic. I wanted to bring up something that has many women discouraged.

People often compare their weight loss to that of other women. So and so lost 15 lbs in 30 days and I lost 4 lbs in 30 days but I worked harder, type of thing.

If there is a big difference in weight, the person who weighs more is going to lose weight faster than the person who is smaller and usually, the bigger person will not have to do their exercising as hard.

For example, if person A eats somewhat healthy and only has to lose say 15 lbs. Person B is eats badly and has to lose 60 lbs, person B is probably going to lose 10 pounds compared to just a few person A will lose. Person B is going to lose some just in eating better and person A is going to have to do a lot more work at the gym than person B.

Its easy to want to compare weight loss but not a good idea unless the person has the same eating habits and both weigh about the same.

Its also much harder to tone and get in good shape than it is for actual weight lose. So if someone has no weight to lose but needs to get a good body, weight loss is probably going to happen for the other person before the first person get muscle tone and defintion.

So if you see someone losing 30lbs to your 10, do not get discouraged if they had more weight than you to lose. On average, its only 1-2 lbs a person loses a week, depending on size.
DrWolfgang On January 10, 2011

Newport, Kentucky
#13New Post! Dec 04, 2010 @ 18:11:15
The most succesful way I ever lost weight is to not eat but once a day and walk everywhere randomly for no reason.

, Canada
#14New Post! Dec 04, 2010 @ 18:16:09
@DrWolfgang Said

The most succesful way I ever lost weight is to not eat but once a day and walk everywhere randomly for no reason.

I'm glad you lost weight doing that. I have heard however, its not good to only eat once a day. It drops blood sugar levels and not good for the metabolism. I do not eat big meals, rare that I do. I try my best to eat 6 small 'meals' a day. That way my blood sugar is on track and my metabolism stays up.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#15New Post! Dec 05, 2010 @ 00:23:38
@DrWolfgang Said

To echo DSG, while I appreciate that this worked for you, IMO it is very poor for your health. Not only is it basically impossible to consume a sufficient number of calories (and thus macronutrients and vitamins) in one meal to maintain proper health, but it's also completely unsustainable for the vast majority of people. Virtually everyone who tried this would spend 90% of their life extremely hungry.

Even if you could consume enough calories, it won't be long before your body is starved of the energy it needs. Glycogen stores would be depleted and your body will start consuming its muscle tissue. I strongly advise everyone reading not to attempt to do this.

Starving yourself is one of the most terrible things you can do to your body, and it's a very poor diet strategy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs