Forums: Science:
Psychology

How to determine if someone thinks too inwardly

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On March 25, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Dec 03, 2017 @ 20:38:46
I'd like to offer this guide to identify the kind of people that are too concerned with their own agenda. They're very good at hiding their true motives, but they can slip, without meaning to. I've met a fair number of individuals who are out for themselves, pure and simple and I'd like to share with you the possible ways to spot them. They are...

1) To listen.

If they don't mention companies, name people, or talk about the achievements of others, it's very likely that they see others as tools to be used. Omission of names is used for livestock because they're going to be eaten, so they don't need names, but when used with people, it's usually a sign that the person sees those around him or her as means to get what they want and may resort to taking advantage of, harming them, or worse. Names attach too much importance to others and when that's done, the opportunities to exploit them are off. Acknowledgement for others is built on the principle of believing in their worth as living beings and for inward people, this makes achieving their goals needlessly difficult.

2) To see what their opinions are.

If inward people don't express concrete views about things, the chances are they bounce between different ways of life, depending on what is most suitable for them at the time. "A matter of opinion, a point of view," are their ways of saying that each person should be entitled to do things according to their beliefs and step on others if they become a threat, rendering others little more than mosquitos.

3) Learn how they feel about groups or individuals.

Very often, believing that individuals and groups are valuable because of what they achieve and what they do for others, is a weakness. Paying tribute, or even lip service to others takes away the element of surprise from the inward person. If he shows open respect to others, he'll have to deal with them directly, and if they make things difficult for said person, he might be in a vulnerable position and if he looses a confrontation, he'll have to take the heat from it. By not expressing admiration for others, the inward person can slip by unnoticed and be able to strike someone without them seeing it coming or perverting someone without anyone noticing him or her. Taking sides is a very risky proposition, as the inward person might choose the wrong side, so, better choose the one that comes out on top. Abetting one or the other could land him or her in a heap of trouble he or she may not be able to get out of.

4) Challenge them in private over a concrete issue, or stand in their way on abseloute terms.

If this is done and you refuse to be impartial, the inward person will react in a dangerous way every time. He or she can no longer go for what he wants because someone is in his way and the only option is to remove him. Thinking more of him self, the person will keep the struggle in the private arena. He will relent if his actions could become public, but behind closed doors, in areas isolated from others, he or she will bear his or her teeth and bite with whatever force necessary to open their opponent's throats. This is the easiest way to expose inward people. It actually tricks them into believing that you are just as unscrupulous as they are and that you want to bring them down.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! Dec 04, 2017 @ 00:06:38
@Conflict Said

I'd like to offer this guide to identify the kind of people that are too concerned with their own agenda. They're very good at hiding their true motives, but they can slip, without meaning to. I've met a fair number of individuals who are out for themselves, pure and simple and I'd like to share with you the possible ways to spot them. They are...

1) To listen.

If they don't mention companies, name people, or talk about the achievements of others, it's very likely that they see others as tools to be used. Omission of names is used for livestock because they're going to be eaten, so they don't need names, but when used with people, it's usually a sign that the person sees those around him or her as means to get what they want and may resort to taking advantage of, harming them, or worse. Names attach too much importance to others and when that's done, the opportunities to exploit them are off. Acknowledgement for others is built on the principle of believing in their worth as living beings and for inward people, this makes achieving their goals needlessly difficult.

2) To see what their opinions are.

If inward people don't express concrete views about things, the chances are they bounce between different ways of life, depending on what is most suitable for them at the time. "A matter of opinion, a point of view," are their ways of saying that each person should be entitled to do things according to their beliefs and step on others if they become a threat, rendering others little more than mosquitos.

3) Learn how they feel about groups or individuals.

Very often, believing that individuals and groups are valuable because of what they achieve and what they do for others, is a weakness. Paying tribute, or even lip service to others takes away the element of surprise from the inward person. If he shows open respect to others, he'll have to deal with them directly, and if they make things difficult for said person, he might be in a vulnerable position and if he looses a confrontation, he'll have to take the heat from it. By not expressing admiration for others, the inward person can slip by unnoticed and be able to strike someone without them seeing it coming or perverting someone without anyone noticing him or her. Taking sides is a very risky proposition, as the inward person might choose the wrong side, so, better choose the one that comes out on top. Abetting one or the other could land him or her in a heap of trouble he or she may not be able to get out of.

4) Challenge them in private over a concrete issue, or stand in their way on abseloute terms.

If this is done and you refuse to be impartial, the inward person will react in a dangerous way every time. He or she can no longer go for what he wants because someone is in his way and the only option is to remove him. Thinking more of him self, the person will keep the struggle in the private arena. He will relent if his actions could become public, but behind closed doors, in areas isolated from others, he or she will bear his or her teeth and bite with whatever force necessary to open their opponent's throats. This is the easiest way to expose inward people. It actually tricks them into believing that you are just as unscrupulous as they are and that you want to bring them down.

That makes sense to me.

I would have used the word selfish instead of inward.
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#3New Post! Dec 04, 2017 @ 03:51:40
@Erimitus Said

I would have used the word selfish instead of inward.

Maybe even narcistic.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#4New Post! Dec 04, 2017 @ 04:09:15
@Justpassing Said

Maybe even narcistic.

E: My personal care and feeding is very important to me. Another word for selfless is sucker.

E: In my personal philosophy I believe in balance. We would not last very long if we just inhaled and we would not last very long if we just exhaled. We have to breath in and breath out in order to survive.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs