The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Undisciplined Rabble

How do you say HOLY F**K!!! that's Hot in Spanish ?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 04:30:07
My eyes are watering , my breathe almost left me and my mouth is on FIRE !
Some friends stopped by awhile ago and gave me a bowl of green chile stew and a couple of ice cold beers. There is more pork meat and potatoes then chile (thank goodness) ,,,,
I goofed once and told them about once a friend and me crashed a party where they were butchering a pig. I can say the words in Spanish but can't spell them . for those of you that haven't had the good fortune to have experenced such a party . Put it on your bucket list .
Anyways , there was a huge pot of red chile and fresh pork that smelled like only really good red chile can . I grabed a bowl and was filling it up , when the guy that was doing the party and had made the chile . Came up and laughed at me . He said " You aren't Mexican enough to eat that , do your self a favor and just dump that right back into that pot and go get some of that meat we fixed for el ninos .
Well being the young well mannered lady my grandmother tried to raise me to be , I laughed at him and put another dipper full in my bowl , he shugged and handed me a tortilla . I ate that whole bowl with him grinning at the tears and the sweat and the look of tortured pain all fighting for first place on my gringa face. I finished it to the last drop . He nodded handed me a beer and took my bowl , headed for the pot grinning at me. I started yelling tio tio tio,,,,,

So now my friends husband is always trying to match that bowl of red chile . he's damn close with this batch .
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 06:08:18
A matanza? Where the cook the pigs and have a bunch of cook offs? (Or sharing of various pork related food). Belen has a big one every year.

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 10:42:11
@DiscordTiger Said

A matanza? Where the cook the pigs and have a bunch of cook offs? (Or sharing of various pork related food). Belen has a big one every year.

I can speak enough spanish to order cold beer , buy marlboro red smokes, ask for the bathroom and order food . Any thing past that and I am likely to call baby chicks head lice . I comprehend a whole lot more then I can speak .
The mantanza was in Vegita , the chile makin guy was a Sanchez and I was with a Miranda from blue springs . I found myself involved in 'crashing' a lot of parties while running with the Mirandas. I could usally hold my own or at least fake it , when it came to eating chile , but that bowl was fire X's 10 .
You know those cartoons where the flames shoot out the ears and a fog horn goes off . yup that's what kind of 'hot' that guys chile was.
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#4New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 12:43:52
Qué babaridad! Pica mucho! = Rats! That's hot! in a Peanuts cartoon.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 13:12:00
@Ghyda Said

Qué babaridad! Pica mucho! = Rats! That's hot! in a Peanuts cartoon.

Thanks . Do you think I'm joking about the heat of that red chile ? it would have made a great pest repellent, 'rats ' would have turned around and went to the next door neighbors house for dinner ,if that chile had been sprinkled around the property boundry .
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#6New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 14:21:01
@white_swan53 Said

Thanks . Do you think I'm joking about the heat of that red chile ? it would have made a great pest repellent, 'rats ' would have turned around and went to the next door neighbors house for dinner ,if that chile had been sprinkled around the property boundry .

I always have a glass of milk handy if I eat Mexican chile, just in case. The "pest repellent" nature of Mexican chile is a common joke in Latin culture.

I'm sitting here laughing as I write this.

So yes, I believe you have the truth of it.

You might also have said, "Ah ee, caramba, Dios mio, Jesus Maria, y Jose, Pica demasiado!"

'
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#7New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 15:10:49
@white_swan53 Said

I can speak enough spanish to order cold beer , buy marlboro red smokes, ask for the bathroom and order food . Any thing past that and I am likely to call baby chicks head lice . I comprehend a whole lot more then I can speak .
The mantanza was in Vegita , the chile makin guy was a Sanchez and I was with a Miranda from blue springs . I found myself involved in 'crashing' a lot of parties while running with the Mirandas. I could usally hold my own or at least fake it , when it came to eating chile , but that bowl was fire X's 10 .
You know those cartoons where the flames shoot out the ears and a fog horn goes off . yup that's what kind of 'hot' that guys chile was.

Damn. I had an aunt an uncle that lived in vegita. He was a Romero gonna hit the big time with ranching. Had ostriches at one point. I think they had other animals too. But I mostly remember the birds. It was the 80s. Probably later in the decade. Well for the birds. They lived out there a long time.

That's so funny that vegita is tiny.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 15:35:39
Try a ghost pepper! Well, don't really.
Just look it up on youtube.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 15:46:10
Carajo! Santo mierda que es muy picante!

Though "most" latin people would leave out the "santo"...well "most" latin people wouldn't use the phrase at all...and probably the "que es muy" would be dropped...so....

Carajo! Mierda! yelled out while you are frantically grabbing for something cold to drink. People will understand you.

Pronunciation:

> kə-ra-hō (try to roll the "r" a bit)

> mē-er-da

( Note: As you can imagine, it should be used sparingly as it is fairly rude statement...though maybe not as bad as the Italian version Santa culo di Madonna, che è piccante )
christiescupcake On August 12, 2020

State College, Pennsylvania
#10New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 17:21:51
wow. you are one brave soul to do that!!! I can't even eat the chicken meat in a chipotle taco because it's too spicy for me hahahaha I know I'm a whimp

ps what does tio tio tio mean??
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#11New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 17:53:05
@christiescupcake Said

wow. you are one brave soul to do that!!! I can't even eat the chicken meat in a chipotle taco because it's too spicy for me hahahaha I know I'm a whimp

ps what does tio tio tio mean??

WhiteSwan is crying Uncle, uncle, uncle.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#12New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 19:32:16
@DiscordTiger Said

Another food related reason for me to move my a** to NM. I was just looking at some real estate online just a few minutes ago. LOL.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 20:20:33
To wit:
"A word to the wise: Stay away from ghost peppers.

A puree made from these peppers — which are infamous for their off-the-charts level of spiciness — led to a rare, life-threatening condition in an otherwise healthy, 47-year-old man in California, according to a recent report of the man's case.

Ghost peppers are among the hottest chili peppers in the world, the report said. They have a measured "heat" of more than 1 million Scoville heat units, according to the report. (For comparison, a poblano pepper measures at 2,000 Scoville units, and jalapeños come in at 5,000. Eating a single seed from a ghost pepper can cause severe burning in the mouth that lasts up to 30 minutes, the report said."

Torn esophagus!

n/a, New Mexico
#14New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 20:30:22
@Ghyda Said

I always have a glass of milk handy if I eat Mexican chile, just in case. The "pest repellent" nature of Mexican chile is a common joke in Latin culture.

I'm sitting here laughing as I write this.

So yes, I believe you have the truth of it.

You might also have said, "Ah ee, caramba, Dios mio, Jesus Maria, y Jose, Pica demasiado!"

No, crying tio, tio, tio was the only spanish words I used I know enough to know uncle means " No more, I give " no matter what language is used . the rest of them were in english . I may have used the word god but it didn't have nothing to do with saints or mother of jesus ,,, if the music hadn't of been so loud I'm sure there would have been a few mothers with soap in hand and an evil look or two in my direction .
I have heard that milk coats your mouth so the chile doesn't feel so hot , but I just don't buy that . There's a reason tequlia was invented, and that reason is chile . Cold beer helps but nothing works better then a tequlia chaser to cut the fire .

'

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! Oct 21, 2016 @ 20:42:00
@DiscordTiger Said

Damn. I had an aunt an uncle that lived in vegita. He was a Romero gonna hit the big time with ranching. Had ostriches at one point. I think they had other animals too. But I mostly remember the birds. It was the 80s. Probably later in the decade. Well for the birds. They lived out there a long time.

That's so funny that vegita is tiny.

It has a post office , a store ,a gas station and a church . Yes I know , the store and gas station is one and the same . It's at least 2 miles long ,strung out along the two lane highway . I'm pretty sure it's the 3 or 4 diary's there that gives it that home town feeling or smell or something ,,,
My uncle tried Emue's for a few years , but they kept killing his goats . The dumb goats would stick their heads though andunder he fence trying to get at the bird feed and 'wham' another dead goat .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs