Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! May 05, 2019 @ 00:17:10
@Jennifer1984 Said

That's why I don't put anybody on block.

@Jennifer1984 Said

Freedom of speech is a cornerstone of liberty in our societies.

Of course there is a difference between choosing to block or not block someone on a forum (i.e. discussion) site...

vs

A social media company deciding to allow or not allow their site to be used for nefarious things, including criminal or socially inappropriate activity.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#17New Post! May 05, 2019 @ 00:20:25
@mrmhead Said

How can they do that?

Isn't that infringing on their freedom of speech?

"And given stranger aeons even death may die"

I have a journal which suggests that we are no longer as safe as we thought promised and how some of the most sacred of human rights laws can be easily disregarded and changed as time goes on.

I get banned in nearly every forum I post in (hence why I'm here a lot ) because my political idealism are similar to those of John Lennon; however with me they usually goad me into breaking the ToS in some way and use that as an excuse to kick me off the board.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#18New Post! May 05, 2019 @ 00:23:56
@Jennifer1984 Said

Freedom of speech is a cornerstone of liberty in our societies.

@Erimitus Said

yes

Governments forcing, demanding or otherwise pressuring privately owned social media sites to allow people to use their site to promote lies, fool people, and/or commit crimes is NOT the cornerstone of liberty in our society.

The confusion here, often, is that people confuse the actions of governments with the actions of people and/or privately owned entities.

The corner of liberty in our societies is governments not repressing freedom of speech.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#19New Post! May 05, 2019 @ 00:26:19
@Electric_Banana Said

I get banned in nearly every forum I post... (because)... they usually goad me into breaking the ToS in some way and use that as an excuse to kick me off the board.

Or you allow yourself to be goaded into violating the rules.

After all, it is your choice to goaded or not.

Maybe.

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#20New Post! May 05, 2019 @ 00:41:53
@chaski Said

The corner of liberty in our societies is governments not repressing freedom of speech.

"suppressing" was probably the more accurate word.
Darkman666 On about 20 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! May 05, 2019 @ 01:03:08
family or one of my friend post like an article that I don't like or more don't care. I just hide the post.

my two friends on facebook from high school just like put articles on anything, that I really don't care about it. I hide the post, so no more their garbage. I don't delate their names off my friend's list. why should I ??

I think people don't like read articles or garbage on facebook and delete them. I think facebook banned people are group that I don't like. for the government, they are try control everything. just get the piece of the action, really don't about care people.

or people that just banned I don't read their grabage anyway, why should I? not read if you don't like it. duh?
TankGirl On December 10, 2019

Dublin, Ireland
#22New Post! May 10, 2019 @ 21:35:43
It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. People want freedom from consequences, which isn't the same thing. Nobody has a right to a platform, no company can be compelled to provide one. That's them exercising their own freedoms.

You have the right to say what you want, you don't have the right to be provided with a stage to say it on.

Exercise your freedom, take the consequences. Say things on a private platform that the owners don't want there, take the consequences of having that platform revoked. Everyone gets to exercise their freedoms, not just the people who think their rights supercede the rights of others.

No such thing as complete freedom of speech anyway. Try standing up in a plane and saying you have a bomb, and see how free it gets you.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#24New Post! May 11, 2019 @ 10:04:25
@TankGirl Said

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. People want freedom from consequences, which isn't the same thing. Nobody has a right to a platform, no company can be compelled to provide one. That's them exercising their own freedoms.

You have the right to say what you want, you don't have the right to be provided with a stage to say it on.

Exercise your freedom, take the consequences. Say things on a private platform that the owners don't want there, take the consequences of having that platform revoked. Everyone gets to exercise their freedoms, not just the people who think their rights supercede the rights of others.

No such thing as complete freedom of speech anyway. Try standing up in a plane and saying you have a bomb, and see how free it gets you.

Cowardice. The west shouldn’t work that way.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#25New Post! May 11, 2019 @ 13:09:28
@gakINGKONG Said

Cowardice. The west shouldn’t work that way.

If I invite you into my house and do not like what you are saying I would ask you to leave and go to your own house where you can pretty much say what you want.

If everyone comes to my house and no one goes to your house that gives me a whole great big lot of power over everyone says and hears.

but ...but my house is not a public forum.

If I have a town meeting at my house then, I believe, everyone should be invited to come and state their beliefs.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#26New Post! May 11, 2019 @ 13:22:32
@Erimitus Said

If I invite you into my house and do not like what you are saying I would ask you to leave and go to your own house where you can pretty much say what you want.

If everyone comes to my house and no one goes to your house that gives me a whole great big lot of power over everyone says and hears.

but ...but my house is not a public forum.

If I have a town meeting at my house then, I believe, everyone should be invited to come and state their beliefs.

Zero platforming was the goal of major media with Jones. They synchronized their efforts even. That’s not a house. If we were talking about one website that didn’t offer up all services around the world it would be a different story. Heck, if theforumsite.com had done that to Alex Jones it wouldn’t be the same thing because they can’t brag about being a major platform. But everybody uses those social media platforms. Google YouTube Twitter Facebook all those dudes. I would bet real money that the people at Twitter are just trying to find a loophole so they can ban Donald Trump I just know it. And they’re two-faced about it. Hypocritical and shallow minded.

Why the hell you people defend this is beyond me. It’s ridiculous.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#27New Post! May 11, 2019 @ 13:42:21
@gakINGKONG Said

They synchronized their efforts even.

Proof?

And so you disagree that private media platforms can choose their contributors?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#28New Post! May 11, 2019 @ 13:45:32
@gakINGKONG Said

Zero platforming was the goal of major media with Jones. They synchronized their efforts even. That’s not a house. If we were talking about one website that didn’t offer up all services around the world it would be a different story. Heck, if theforumsite.com had done that to Alex Jones it wouldn’t be the same thing because they can’t brag about being a major platform. But everybody uses those social media platforms. Google YouTube Twitter Facebook all those dudes. I would bet real money that the people at Twitter are just trying to find a loophole so they can ban Donald Trump I just know it. And they’re two-faced about it. Hypocritical and shallow minded.

Or maybe it is as simple as it looks. Alex violated their rules.

And outlets like Twitter love Trump because he doesn't violate their rules, but instead attracts a lot of attention to them and essentially drums up a lot of customer activity which equals money in the bank.

@gakINGKONG Said

Why the hell people like YOU defend Alex Jones is beyond me... and is beyond ridiculous as it demonstrates both a lack of knowledge of and support for our Constitution.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#29New Post! May 11, 2019 @ 15:33:10
@gakINGKONG Said

You really don't seem to like our Constitution very much.

How does that make America great again?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#30New Post! May 11, 2019 @ 17:12:46
@Leon Said

Proof?

And so you disagree that private media platforms can choose their contributors?

And the contributors influence if not control content.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs