Sort of arrogant, don't you think?
Hope she has a nice vacation!

jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 20:31:08
Huh?

She said no such thing. WTF are you talking about?
kitty On August 07, 2008

Deleted

Arlington, Tennessee
#3New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 20:32:12
The house is going on vacation instead of trying to fix our gas issue right now.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 20:33:00
@kitty Said
The house is going on vacation instead of trying to fix our gas issue right now.

The House can't fix our gas issue.

The Republicans want you to think that a temporary tax break and offshore drilling will help. They won't.
kitty On August 07, 2008

Deleted

Arlington, Tennessee
#5New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 20:34:00
@jonnythan Said
Huh?

She said no such thing. WTF are you talking about?

You are a wise younin' I'm sure you can read between the lines of us frustrated people. Many issues up in the air, house is like a bunch of lame ducks. That should have been my avatar today. Apicture of the US House of Representatives
simplydreadful On October 08, 2008

#6New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 20:36:56
Quote:

Haven't you heard?
" . . . Yes we can!" "Yes we can!"

kitty On August 07, 2008

Deleted

Arlington, Tennessee
#7New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 20:39:37
@jonnythan Said

The Republicans want you to think that a temporary tax break and offshore drilling will help. They won't.

Ok fair enough. but wheres your facts Jonnythan that the house can not fix our gas problem? do you have facts that they have listened to our demands for action?

Perhaps I should have stated HELP fix.
That better

Has there been any discussion on ANY alternative solution proposals?
kitty On August 07, 2008

Deleted

Arlington, Tennessee
#8New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 20:43:38
I'm waiting.....patiently.
while youre researching
Tell us why state govs are dipping into rainy day funds, laying off workers, paying minimum wage to those state workers still on the pay roll, why the foreclosure problem has been ignored til there si almost no hope.
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#9New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 20:53:55
@kitty Said
I'm waiting.....patiently.
while youre researching
Tell us why state govs are dipping into rainy day funds, laying off workers, paying minimum wage to those state workers still on the pay roll, why the foreclosure problem has been ignored til there si almost no hope.

I think the government has passed a bill that supports homeowners who got a foreclosure and helps the mortgaging companies Freddy mac and that other company. I think it allows homeowners to borrow more money but I'm not sure about that. And I've only seen one governor do that and it's hell down here. Some officials have refused to cooperate with him though...
kitty On August 07, 2008

Deleted

Arlington, Tennessee
#10New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 20:59:57
@asme251 Said
I think the government has passed a bill that supports homeowners who got a foreclosure and helps the mortgaging companies Freddy mac and that other company. I think it allows homeowners to borrow more money but I'm not sure about that. And I've only seen one governor do that and it's hell down here. Some officials have refused to cooperate with him though...

You are correct! Bush signed the bill this week after a s***load of pressure and way too late. Been trying to sell my parents house for a year or so in Stockton. We're renting it to a couple who got caught up in the mortgage s*** but otherwise had gold plate credit.
Is hell everywhere!

It may be a bit off topic but WTF going on vacation when we can only dream of a vacation with the economy woes of our country.
Lame duckies I say.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#11New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 21:05:34
@kitty Said
You are correct! Bush signed the bill this week after a s***load of pressure and way too late. Been trying to sell my parents house for a year or so in Stockton. We're renting it to a couple who got caught up in the mortgage s*** but otherwise had gold plate credit.
Is hell everywhere!

It may be a bit off topic but WTF going on vacation when we can only dream of a vacation with the economy woes of our country.
Lame duckies I say.

Lame duckies indeed! Taking a break instead of working! Why don't we look at Brasil as a model; they're using bio fuel. It would help the economy a bit and calm the environmentalist groups down a bit...
cduck On March 11, 2011

A Dreamcloud, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 21:07:32
@simplydreadful Said
She just told all of us to go suck a gas nozzle. :D
Sort of arrogant, don't you think?
Hope she has a nice vacation!

She said no such thing!! So it's obvious you're just trying to put words into her mouth. Yeah, i'm english and it might not be any of my buisness but it is!! Everything that happens with major league american politicians affects us in the uk...so yeah, nanci is the beees knees and Obama is so gonnna kick Republican a** in November!!!

#13New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 21:10:08
If I was one of those oil execs who recently sat before the positively most arrogant U.S. Congress seen in my lifetime, I'd sell the business, tell them all to go screw themselves (without lubrication), and then go open a small hat shop.

Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#14New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 21:13:58
@simplydreadful Said
If I was one of those oil execs who recently sat before the positively most arrogant U.S. Congress seen in my lifetime, I'd sell the business, tell them all to go screw themselves (without lubrication), and then go open a small hat shop.

*censored*

WOw. Didn't you hear on the news that they made record profits this year? What do they have to complain about? They simply insist that offshore drilling would cure the gas crisis but either way they get money. So what if they had to endure a tough congress session? They're the ones benefiting from the whole thing.

#15New Post! Aug 01, 2008 @ 21:18:45
Quote:
Obama is so gonnna kick Republican a** in November!!!

You may be right, neighbor.
Then again, it may all go quite the opposite direction.
Our "Polls" have never been as screwed up as they were during the recent primaries.
We shall see.

Either way, I predict there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs