The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

How are you going to show or prove to the person you met online, that you are ser

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
ladypinay On January 01, 2011

Madrid, Spain
#31New Post! Jun 06, 2009 @ 06:52:48
@beerman Said

Sure Ladypinay, why not post that pic of the ring here on the boards

ok i i will post the image of the ring here soon, tomorow..

Madrid, Spain
#32New Post! Jun 06, 2009 @ 21:22:08
wow, thats a nice true to life story..............

Hope it will happen to me too.....

Madrid, Spain
#33New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 01:04:26
@jr_sanford Said

My wife and I met "online" and after much email correspondence we finally decided to meet one another. For safety sake, I insisted that she come down to my house to assure her that I was for real and that she could leave whenever she wanted to. We talked for 3 hours and she reluctantly left to her house. Later that night, I got an email from her inviting me up to her house.

The rest is history.

J.R.

wow......

thats a nice and very inspiring love story of online relationship.....

Thank you for sharing Jr sanford......
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#34New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 02:39:15
@ladypinay Said

Hi Everyone,

im just curious ok?...We meet alot of people online right?...so let say, you met someone whom you think you have special feeling for that person, so how are you going to prove to her or him that you are serious about her or him?....In what way you are going to prove yourself that you are true and want to get to know her more?...

Another question is, in what way you will know that the person whom you met online is just playing a fool?....any signs for this kind of person?

Thank you to all of you ...

I think you can prove you are 'true' as you say, with some genuine intention, if you continue to chat and enjoy your conversations.

I don't think it's a good idea at all to reveal you are 'serious' about someone online you have not met in real life. I think those sentiments are better saved - and more honest - when you are face to face and sure of who they are.

How do you know someone is 'playing the fool'? On dating sites people who aren't genuine often omit details about themselves (marital status is always a give-away) or can only log on at a certain time of day & often log off without saying goodbye - usually a sign they aren't single.

If they ask you a lot of questions about sex, what clothes you are wearing, etc, it's usually a sign they are there to amuse themselves, not get to know you genuinely. Guys who ask for phone numbers after chatting to you for 3 seconds are worth steering clear of too.
salmiak On February 26, 2010

Deleted

near Denver, Colorado
#35New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 03:39:06
On a site I am no longer a member I got close to one woman.
We both liked to drink, and liked the same music. We would talk for hours on PMs and one day she asked me for my phone #. I sent it to her and she had the sweetest voice. She got me started with a Canadian band called Arcade Fire and would play me songs over the phone.I went to the music store that day and picked up two of thier albums. We started to make plans to meet. I found out she was also seeing another man from the UK on line and was in love with him. I would not listen to the warnings sent to me from other members that new her games and it broke my heart. It started such a drama on the site that she left and I also left a few weeks later. I have a fault for falling for people that are very nice to me. That drama has followed me to other sites as well, just me being nice and sending CDs to so called friends. This got me very upset and I try hard not to get envolved with anyone on line again.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#36New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 04:05:04
@salmiak Said

On a site I am no longer a member I got close to one woman.
We both liked to drink, and liked the same music. We would talk for hours on PMs and one day she asked me for my phone #. I sent it to her and she had the sweetest voice. She got me started with a Canadian band called Arcade Fire and would play me songs over the phone.I went to the music store that day and picked up two of thier albums. We started to make plans to meet. I found out she was also seeing another man from the UK on line and was in love with him. I would not listen to the warnings sent to me from other members that new her games and it broke my heart. It started such a drama on the site that she left and I also left a few weeks later. I have a fault for falling for people that are very nice to me. That drama has followed me to other sites as well, just me being nice and sending CDs to so called friends. This got me very upset and I try hard not to get envolved with anyone on line again.

I'm sure this has happened to a lot of people. The truth is that this woman could easily defend herself by saying that all you did was chat and exchange tips in music....blind freddy could see that she was leading you to expect more, but some women have to have lots of attention, not just from the guy they are seeing, but every guy around them.

The benefits of internet dating are that you can quickly get to know people who you often have a lot in common with. The initial anomyity makes it easier to be honest about what you are and aren't looking for & I think this is how relationships formed on the net can become so intense, despite having not met the person. It becomes easier to objectify them.

In samliak's example, it's hard to not fall for someone who seems wonderful and is taken, although is determined to convince you otherwise. These things do take the wind out of your sails but this could easily have happened if he had met her in RL too. Some people are determined to mislead, but I'd like to think they are the exception to the rule.
salmiak On February 26, 2010

Deleted

near Denver, Colorado
#37New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 04:14:09
Great post Sunandsurf. Some never know love, on line or in RL, and do not like to see it. This is very sad.
With a quote from my fave singer, Tori Amos, from a song called Cooling.
"...so then love walked up to like
said i know that you don't like me much
let's go for a ride...."
I love this song, but I sometimes confuse love for like, and I think many on line do.
iEaTcRaYoNs On August 30, 2009

Jefferson City, Missouri
#38New Post! Jun 08, 2009 @ 04:17:49
I actually met my current boyfriend online. I met him about a month after my ex and I broke up. I wasn't really looking for much, just a friend. We exchanged emails for about a week until he asked me for my number. I was really excited. After about a month we decided to meet. I met him at Wal-Mart and brought two of my friends with me. I wanted to make sure he wasn't some crazy person. We've been together for going on 7 months now and we're still going strong. I believe why this is working out well, and why other online relationships work out well is because when meeting someone online you get to know the real them. You're not attracted to them because they look good, but for who they truly are. Now there are some liars out in the e-world, but there are a lot more good people out there too.
beautifulbutterfly On March 12, 2012

Calgary, Canada
#39New Post! Jun 11, 2009 @ 03:00:36
Meet them for drinks and see what happens.

Madrid, Spain
#40New Post! Jun 12, 2009 @ 17:35:16
I thought he was true to me but i guess he is not as he broke my heart and cheated on me many many many times....He got other online realtionships too other than me...It hurts alot and now im so scared to this online relationsip...

I just hope that i can find someone who is true, sincere and seious to be with me forever....
beerman On September 05, 2010

, Canada
#41New Post! Jun 16, 2009 @ 04:47:51
Have faith Ladypinay as there are many successfull online relationships also and maybee they are just online chat mates and not online girlfriends best to get all the facts before you jump to conclusions. Good luck to you Ladypinay

Madrid, Spain
#42New Post! Jun 16, 2009 @ 05:00:28
ok then, beerman.....thank you....i hope so.....
beerman On September 05, 2010

, Canada
#43New Post! Jun 16, 2009 @ 05:03:46
@ladypinay Said

ok then, beerman.....thank you....i hope so.....

My sixth sence tells me that I am probably right LOL

incognito On February 26, 2010
Giddy In The Pants

Deleted

, Canada
#44New Post! Jun 16, 2009 @ 05:08:09
Topless photos and wang shots, is online romance at it's finest.

Madrid, Spain
#45New Post! Jun 16, 2009 @ 05:08:09
@beerman Said

My sixth sence tells me that I am probably right LOL

ok i guess your sixth sense is really strong that i started to believe now........ .... ... ....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs