AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#31New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 14:51:27
@chisa96 Said

I never know how to answer when people ask if I've been with my guy for a long time; I just go with telling them how long.

So what do people here think? How long does a relationship need to last before qualifying as long-term?

I agree with those that say long-term is about the commitment, the intention, rather than how long you have been together.

But since your friends are asking you if you've been together a long time , I'd just continue saying how long you've been together and they can decide if that's a long time or not.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#32New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 14:52:27
@boxerdc Said

20 minutes..

@treebee Said

ha ha I was going to say one week but you totally out-whore me!

I think 10 is more appropriate.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#33New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 14:52:44
@Cpat92 Said

Not exactly that your age shows it. I think it's mainly because like you said that within the past decade, relationships diminished. Not many relationships last due to a lot of issues they faced in the past and knew how to get over it, many of them don't now. Plus due to magazines, he say/she say, and the case of the ex, many relationship sometimes don't even make it to 6 months. I see that there are relationships of people around my age, younger and sometimes older that don't even last 4 months. Sometimes even less.

I agree! Commitment and relationships in general have changed dramatically over time.

Some are still looking for that long term relationship but as in the past, how many are willing to 'work' at the relationship to make it last? Seems like everyone knows they can take the door when things don't go their way now days.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that it's come to a point where people don't have to commit because there's every type of relationship going on out there that are in and out types without having to work which is sad.

In the end in my opinion, it would be better to stay single.

Of course this is typed first thing upon waking up having a coffee and not thinking at the best of times never mind now.

I think long-term is different to each individual.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#34New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 15:06:03
@rosexthorn Said

I agree! Commitment and relationships in general have changed dramatically over time.

Some are still looking for that long term relationship but as in the past, how many are willing to 'work' at the relationship to make it last? Seems like everyone knows they can take the door when things don't go their way now days.

Maybe it's just me, but I think that it's come to a point where people don't have to commit because there's every type of relationship going on out there that are in and out types without having to work which is sad.

In the end in my opinion, it would be better to stay single.

Of course this is typed first thing upon waking up having a coffee and not thinking at the best of times never mind now.

I think long-term is different to each individual.

I agree with you on that last part. Sadly I can't believe people are no longer willing to try to be committed and then get pissed and/or cry when they break up with one another. Things like that always gives me second thoughts.
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#35New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 23:16:54
@chisa96 Said

I never know how to answer when people ask if I've been with my guy for a long time; I just go with telling them how long.

So what do people here think? How long does a relationship need to last before qualifying as long-term?

It depends on the comfort zone between a couple.

If for instance, you're with somebody but usually thinking about leaving, then regardless of how long you've been with that person, the relationship isn't long term because it's set to end at any given moment.

But if there's a mutual comfort between both persons, then it's highly probable that the union will last until death does them part. So in a case where there's a mutual comfort, as little as six months can be regarded as long term.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#36New Post! May 04, 2012 @ 00:03:48
@treebee Said

ha ha I was going to say one week but you totally out-whore me!

It gives you something to aspire to.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs