Politics

How Is Homosexuality a Threat???

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
Thranduil On August 31, 2013

QUINCY, Kentucky
#1New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 23:31:38
While I myself am not gay, gays have been getting bashed a lot by politicians and religious leaders, of course they have yet to come up with a satisfactory answer, Rick Santorum has said Homosexuality is a threat to American Families but it's never explained!!!
Of course i could be wrong, maybe there are a rogue group of Gay Banditos, who every night get into a van and drive city to city, they enter a neighborhood and see a young american family sitting down for their evening dinner, and they put on their purple masks and festive colored robes, and slowly sneak into the house............................AND BEGIN TO (BEEP) EACH OTHER IN THE (BEEP)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And another American family is destoyed!!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 23:34:41
I think it originates from ignorance. Those who do not understand it are less likely to be able to be tolerant towards it.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#3New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 23:36:56
@Thranduil Said

While I myself am not gay, gays have been getting bashed a lot by politicians and religious leaders, of course they have yet to come up with a satisfactory answer, Rick Santorum has said Homosexuality is a threat to American Families but it's never explained!!!
Of course i could be wrong, maybe there are a rogue group of Gay Banditos, who every night get into a van and drive city to city, they enter a neighborhood and see a young american family sitting down for their evening dinner, and they put on their purple masks and festive colored robes, and slowly sneak into the house............................AND BEGIN TO (BEEP) EACH OTHER IN THE (BEEP)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to figure that out for a long time. There's always been some crap about 'oh my gosh, if we let men marry men, what's going to stop them from wanting to marry a dog?' WTH is that all about?

Someone did once explain to me how it is a threat to the sanctity of marriage from a Catholic point of view...I can remember who it was, but not what thread it was. I'll try to find it for you for a different perspective.
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#4New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 23:47:28
The only real threat to marrage is devorce...

Currently the average marrage only lasts 3 years. If we let gay people have legal marrages will that number drop?
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 23:50:11
@someone_else Said

Someone did once explain to me how it is a threat to the sanctity of marriage from a Catholic point of view...I can remember who it was, but not what thread it was. I'll try to find it for you for a different perspective.

Isn't the Catholic viewpoint that marriage is for procreation (on the basis that they shouldn't have sex before marriage OR use any form on contraception) so any couple that cannot produce children may not marry?

I know in the 60's a Catholic Church refused to marry a heterosexual couple because the man was disabled from the waist down, and so couldn't have sex and thus children

BUT the church doesn't test couple to check fertility, marries disabled couples, couples who don't want children and men who have had vasectomies so it's moot point really.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#6New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 23:53:01
@ninozara Said

Isn't the Catholic viewpoint that marriage is for procreation (on the basis that they shouldn't have sex before marriage OR use any form on contraception) so any couple that cannot produce children may not marry?

I know in the 60's a Catholic Church refused to marry a heterosexual couple because the man was disabled from the waist down, and so couldn't have sex and thus children

BUT the church doesn't test couple to check fertility, marries disabled couples, couples who don't want children and men who have had vasectomies so it's moot point really.

Just like the whole Catholic religion.
Pussy_Kat On November 24, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 23:54:33
@ninozara Said

Is it just me, or does Catholicism have a lot in common with Darwinism?
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#8New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 23:56:53
@ninozara Said

I don't know about that, but it wasn't that person's point. I couldn't find that thread though, can't even remember what it was about.

OT-
Your story reminded me of something I saw on the History Channel though. A Muslim woman petitioned (or w/e you call it) the Ayatollah for a divorce because her husband was impotent and their marriage contract was based on them producing children. The Ayatollah granted her the divorce, citing that the man deceived the woman by saying they would have children. Other members of the panel argued the point, saying that he may not have known of his impotence, but the divorce was granted anyway.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#9New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 02:08:32
I have nothing to say, just wanted to post in this thread!" sorry, don't have the smilie/image!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#10New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 04:47:01
How can you all spend time around me and not know the threat..

It's the "Homosexual agenda". I can't tell you more, we're sworn to secrecy at our monthly meetings.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#11New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 06:05:29
The only time homosexuality is a threat is when you drop the soap in a communal shower setting...

Please don't get offended...
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#12New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 06:07:18
@Thranduil Said

You stole that off of Lewis Black!!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#13New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 06:07:45
@bob_the_fisherman Said

The only time homosexuality is a threat is when you drop the soap in a communal shower setting...

Please don't get offended...

You're 110 years old.. The only threat is you being IN a communal shower setting.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 06:49:04
Currently the average marrage only lasts 3 years. If we let gay people have legal marrages will that number drop? <<< Doubting Thomas

The experience, thus far, in the UK, is that gay marriages are proving more durable than heterosexual ones.

Gay marriage has been legal in UK for over four years now, and although the government has not produced official statistics, there have been unofficial polls which have shown that in a sample of gay and heterosexual marriages since December 2005 (the legalisation of gay marriage in the UK), around 12% of heterosexual marriages have collapsed, but only 1% of gay marriages have been dissolved.

Now, I stress that these figures are unofficial and the samples may not be as comprehensive as government statistics. However there have been several such unofficial polls and the outcomes have been rather consistent so perhaps there is something in them after all.

Another factor that should be considered, is that in the earliest days of gay marriage, the vast majority of those "tying the knot" were couples who had already been together a long time and simply wanted to formalise an already deep and long lasting commitment. These couples are more likely to stay together. This may account for the dramatic spread.

I don't think there will be any true comparison until such times as the government produces official figures over a longer period, say, ten years. I think that would be a more reliable indicator. The problem with this, is that it would be politically sensitive and may produce howls of complaint from the churches (who else..?) of an attack on the institution of straight marriage.

The churches are not going to look favourably on anything which indicates that somehow, gays are more faithful than straights. I also don't think we, the gays, want that either.

As far as we are concerned, we have the right to marry and that's good enough. What the heterosexual community does is of no relevance to us, we are content to live our lives and let others live theirs.

However......as a parting line... I am aware that if the two sets of figures were combined, and gay marriage does actually turn out to be more enduring, then that would lead to a drop in the overall divorce figures. I hope people take this into account when discussing such matters and don't allow the church to distort it for their own ends.

DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#15New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 06:49:50
I an half Catholic and went to many masses. My mother was a Christian and I attended many Sunday school classes. I never once though that God was going to send gay people to hell. I always had the thought people were born that way. Please, not every Catholic thinks that and they ought ot think better about that considering what a lot of priests do.

Having clarified that, I agree with others who have posted. It is ignorance plain and simple.

If there is an agenda as Boxer says, I'm becoming a lesbian to find out more info. Anyone want a g/f?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs