How Bad Does Getting a Tattoo Hurt?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
HarajukuGoober On June 23, 2014

Deleted

Richmond, Indiana
#1New Post! Mar 16, 2012 @ 01:53:00
I'm sure someone has made this topic before, lol, but I couldn't find it.
So, just like the title says...how bad does getting a tattoo hurt? I'm sure it's different for everyone, but...can you compare it to something? I've heard all sorts of things.."didn't hurt at all, I fell asleep", or "it was unbearable". I would say I have a pretty good tolerance for pain...I'm not one to squeal and cry if I get cut or stub my toe or something.
I already have a few tat ideas...but now I just gotta build up the courage. Surely it can't hurt THAT bad, since people do it ALL the time and a lot of people have quite a few.
My first idea is a barcode on my belly/waist area that says "made in america" above it(since I get asked, "are you asian?" a lot. The answer, by the way, is no...)
So, yeah...can you tell me about your tattoo experience(s)?
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#2New Post! Mar 16, 2012 @ 01:59:54
Depends on your age, body fat, where you get it, pain threshold...too many variables. Best way to find out is to get one
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#3New Post! Mar 16, 2012 @ 02:04:16
Sorry...my experiences.

First one 20 odd years ago didnt hurt at all. On my bikini/groin line

2nd one at the base of my neck 7 years ago hurt a bit.

Last one, much bigger...my "tramp stamp" 2 years ago hurt like hell.

Deleted

Richmond, Indiana
#4New Post! Mar 16, 2012 @ 02:08:29
@cammie Said

Sorry...my experiences.

First one 20 odd years ago didnt hurt at all. On my bikini/groin line

2nd one at the base of my neck 7 years ago hurt a bit.

Last one, much bigger...my "tramp stamp" 2 years ago hurt like hell.

alright, note to self: no tramp stamp. lol. Thanks for the info(in both posts)
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#5New Post! Mar 16, 2012 @ 02:09:09
I have a high tolerance of pain and mine on my back/spine hurt like a b****. And it wasn't really pain pain, like if hurt your leg kind of pain, it was like an annoying pain, like at the dentist. It goes away fairly quickly so it's just surviving it.

Oh and the part no one told me about was it starts to itch after it starts to heal. That sucked.

Deleted

Richmond, Indiana
#6New Post! Mar 16, 2012 @ 02:15:17
@floydgirrl Said

I have a high tolerance of pain and mine on my back/spine hurt like a b****. And it wasn't really pain pain, like if hurt your leg kind of pain, it was like an annoying pain, like at the dentist. It goes away fairly quickly so it's just surviving it.

Oh and the part no one told me about was it starts to itch after it starts to heal. That sucked.

Ohh, gotcha. and lol wow, about the itching
oldhagonthewestcoast On April 01, 2012

somewhere, California
#7New Post! Mar 24, 2012 @ 08:45:03
tattoos are one of the most beautiful forms of art there is, it gives you opportunity to express yourself, without saying a word, lol, you could start out small and discreet, because, it is permanent, and put some thought in to what you are getting, don't just pick something off of a wall, think about, ok, in ten years, 20 years, will I still want this on my body? I have a butterfly bracelet on my left wrist, I had it done when my oldest daughter had lost her child, to a medical mistake, my younger daughter, (she was 13 at the time) and I got butterflies, and my daughter whose child was lost, got the babies feet on her ankle, I also have the top of my right foot done, with my husband of 30 years name, and a beautiful butterfly, top of the foot was a lil painful, the needle tapped on my bony feet, but, it doesn't last long, and it is soooo worth it, it can probably be described as a consistant stinging feeling, like, if you have a topical scratch, and the sting that lingers just after you do it, it's not severe as a freaking beesting, those f***ers take my breath away, lol, but it's not that bad
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#8New Post! Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:19:44
Not much, unless you get a flesh eating infection and lose a chunk off of your body part.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#9New Post! Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:35:36
I think walking around with something horrid and not going to the best salon possible would hurt for the rest of your life. What were these people thinking?

If you can't afford to go to an upscale salon/ parlor, you may have some serious health issues. Otherwise, I've seen some beautiful ink. Be careful.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:14:00
I have one my shoulder, my first one, and actually I almost fell asleep when I was getting it. It stung a little but the pain was more annoying that anything else. I have another on my right pec and that one hurt a lot more but it was bearable. I have a pretty high pain threshold though.

A lot depends on where you get it also. I've heard the rib panel is one of the most painful places to get one (I assume not including the genitalia).
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:15:30
@ReAdSaLoT Said

I think walking around with something horrid and not going to the best salon possible would hurt for the rest of your life. What were these people thinking?

If you can't afford to go to an upscale salon/ parlor, you may have some serious health issues. Otherwise, I've seen some beautiful ink. Be careful.

Yeah, and this.

I've used this example a lot before, but I think most of us will agree that this guy has been indelibly branded as a total douchbag for the rest of his life:

CXI On February 05, 2013

, Australia
#12New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 00:00:49
My feet hurt f***ing bad. It wasn't enough to cry or anything but for me it was one of those pains I had to concentrate on. After awhile I just went numb and white lol. 6 - 7 hours of s***. Oh! A lot of shaking too. Probably didn't help that I didn't eat and was pretty stoned lol
CXI On February 05, 2013

, Australia
#13New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 00:02:19
My fingers didn't hurt though. Actually when they went near my finger nail I felt like it was going to come off. The side of my hand was alittle touchy on the bone
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#14New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 00:07:34
The one spot that really hurt a lot for me isn't something that you've got to worry about.
CXI On February 05, 2013

, Australia
#15New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 00:09:52
The dude who did my fingers had his anus done.

get that =)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs