The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Horoscopes (and all the other quiz-bulls***) are bulls***.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#1New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:49:57
Do you really think those quizzes people post on TFS really accurately depict what kind of person you are, or whether or not you'll be able to do some such s*** or another? How the hell could the random formation of a bunch of stars account for our personalities? Why would a bunch of stars even BOTHER to remotely relate to the puny individuals of a species so irrelevant, on a planet so small, in a solar system so empty, contained a just another one of the billions and billions of galaxies?

Your sign doesn't mean s***, and neither does mine. You're indescribable. One day you can be something and the next day you could be something completely different. The only thing you have to do is choose to either go down that road and confuse the hell out of people or stick to one personality and give some jackass a job by allowing him to describe you based on the stars. Before you learned what your sign was and what it meant, you never described yourself. Admit it. At 8 years old, you weren't sitting around on your couch asking yourself questions and trying to figure out what kind of person you were. You were outside playing in a sandbox or something. You know, whatever. But now, ever since our first horoscope read, and another, and then the compliments, and then whatever the f*** people notice about you ON THAT DAY, they've built up and built up, and now it's just one entire HEAP OF BULLs***. We've swallowed down out descriptions, or compliments, or f***ing horoscopes, and now were ACTUALLY unconsciously ADAPTING to that type of personality, whether we like it or not. And don't give me s*** about each person having a personality because they like doing certain kinds of things or whatever. No, there's difference between what you like TO DO and what kind of PERSON YOU ARE. I might like to sit around a listen to classical music all day, but that by no means means I'm a calm, sensitive, organized person. And in no way do the stupid horoscopes and their bulls*** predictions of your day or their descriptions of your personalities define what kind of person you are or are going to be. YOU DEFINE YOURSELF, AND YOU CAN f***ING UNDEFINE YOURSELF ANY DAY YOU WANT, ANY SECOND. Don't let any retard horoscope or quiz tell you, or rather lie to you or make you believe what you are, because trust me, it's just pure BULLs***.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#2New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:51:13
Why do you care what the rest of us do?
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#3New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:52:15
@plebian_angel Said

Why do you care what the rest of us do?

Why do you care what I say?
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#4New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:54:17
@Galastaray Said

You're the one venting about it I didn't read all you said anyways. The quizzes are just for fun..same with horoscopes. I really don't believe in astrology, but it's fun to study.
noseycow On September 03, 2015
x dippy madam x

\"proud blackcountry wench\",
#5New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:54:25
its just a bit of fun for people, get over it, and no i dont care what you say,
x dippy madam x

#6New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:56:18
@plebian_angel Said

You're the one venting about it I didn't read all you said anyways. The quizzes are just for fun..same with horoscopes. I really don't believe in astrology, but it's fun to study.

i actually fell asleep, i hate long posts do people really read them
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#7New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:56:19
Wow. Did you just get 100% on the bi-polar quiz?

I don't think anyone takes most of those things seriously. I mean really, half of them just ask you your name and birth date and throw you some random answer. If you've ever taken them, you know they couldn't possibly give you any real answer because of the limited spectrum of questions/answers that there are.

I have looked at my horoscope and looked into all that stuff, but, while it was interesting there were some things that were spot on and some things that were way off. Those things tend to be very vague and people can fit themselves into it. It's the same way with psychic readings.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#8New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:56:56
@noseycow Said

i actually fell asleep, i hate long posts do people really read them

I read most of it.
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#9New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:57:03
@plebian_angel Said

I know they're just for fun. Life is just for fun. But those descriptions that are thrown at you DAY IN, DAY OUT become unconsciously what you think of yourself. You cannot deny it. It's pure scientific, psychological study.
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#10New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:58:06
@Galastaray Said

@Galastaray Said

I know they're just for fun. Life is just for fun. But those descriptions that are thrown at you DAY IN, DAY OUT become unconsciously what you think of yourself. You cannot deny it. It's pure scientific, psychological study.

TBH, I take a quiz and forget about it right away. What I think about myself does not come from quizzes or a star chart.
x dippy madam x

#11New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:58:13
@someone_else Said

I read most of it.

i woke up and thought it was morning
Not a dude.

Deleted

#12New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:58:30
@Galastaray Said

Who in the world is throwing them at you? Are they pasting them to your desk where you have to look all the time? I've gone several years without reading any and the ones that I've read, I read because I felt like it...not because I had to.
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#13New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 19:58:35
@someone_else Said

Wow. Did you just get 100% on the bi-polar quiz?

I don't think anyone takes most of those things seriously. I mean really, half of them just ask you your name and birth date and throw you some random answer. If you've ever taken them, you know they couldn't possibly give you any real answer because of the limited spectrum of questions/answers that there are.

I have looked at my horoscope and looked into all that stuff, but, while it was interesting there were some things that were spot on and some things that were way off. Those things tend to be very vague and people can fit themselves into it. It's the same way with psychic readings.

But NOTHING is spot on. You THINK they're spot on because that's what you've been told. "Your" ideas of your personality or not yours at all, they're the products of other people or f***ing quizzes around you.
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#14New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 20:00:12
@someone_else Said

Who in the world is throwing them at you? Are they pasting them to your desk where you have to look all the time? I've gone several years without reading any and the ones that I've read, I read because I felt like it...not because I had to.

You cannot go a week on this f***ed-up planet without someone describing you. The small sentence is all it takes to start a snowball-like effect.
x dippy madam x

#15New Post! Dec 14, 2010 @ 20:01:29
@Galastaray Said

You cannot go a week on this f***ed-up planet without someone describing you. The small sentence is all it takes to start a snowball-like effect.

hey cheer up its christmasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs