Politics

History Overreacts -- Some Thoughts...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
cademetz On October 07, 2005

Deleted

#16New Post! Apr 10, 2004 @ 22:15:52
apparently, I should not have left for so long... now I am too far behind!!!
jeoin On November 12, 2004

#17New Post! Apr 11, 2004 @ 01:02:57
here argue these two for me while i think about the big list...

1. someone currently alive without knowledge of god

2. someone that gets killed during the questioning phase of his life.
panetti On February 17, 2005

Little Rock, Arkansas
#18New Post! Apr 11, 2004 @ 01:26:44
I'm afraid I can't. It's not spelt out that clearly, which is all the more reason we try to reach as many as we can. I only trust that God is just and knows what to do. To see children going to hell hurts God as well, so I don't think He's exactly eager to send people flying there. So I just trust that the best judgement will be made.

#19New Post! Apr 11, 2004 @ 01:27:05
Quote:
truth is it's blue

truth is its just a particular wavelength we call a word blue

Quote:
something cannot both be true and untrue at the same time.
it can be neither, or it can just not be. It can be maybe/ or Ify
we should make laws to clear these issues up. *lol* just like the blue argument, we can just call it true, when its false,then its a lie.

Quote:
But this is exaggerated.
not exaggerated enough
Quote:
So everyone should always be included?
yup,even that other bias you forgot about sexuality. I even mean that i have to try to coincide with people that have views radical from mine. And be happy

Quote:
you generalized christians.
i generalized a bunch of people i know, that all that christianity thing in common, as well as other factors such as income and class of living.
Quote:
you implied
i will try to clarify my generalization in the future.
Quote:
Conservatives aren't arguing against exluding
They are arguing for excluding?
Quote:
those who do not accept Christ cannot enter heaven
unless you accept him a something other than one of the infinite modes with which he exists denomonationally(sp) like as a man.....not to be leaning towards a god based faith that is older that christianity and got backburnered for the newest thing, Which of course the mormons are doing. At first we made god everything, then we made him human so we could kill him, and thus wiping our sins clean. was the killing of jesus one of those sins, because i never killed jesus. Its a male dominated religion because man made it(meaning the males dominate, not out populate). That is logical to me.

Quote:
Yes, we talk about that often at church.
i hope your successful.
Quote:
Earth and our immediate galaxy are a far cry from the universe.
you haven't been to our immediate galaxy...

Quote:
hides face in shame

Quote:
t's really comforting getting to have this discussion without the attackers too. Doesn't happen often. I appreciate your trying to understand. It admittedly isn't the easiest thing in the world.

it is hopefully as fun to you as it is to me.

Little Rock, Arkansas
#20New Post! Apr 11, 2004 @ 01:49:56
Quote:
truth is its just a particular wavelength we call a word blue

If you want to get technical. It's the result of reflected wavelengths that produce what we know to be "blue". It doesn't change it being the only one true answer though. We're just playing word games now. You and I both know the sky is very much blue.

Quote:
it can be neither, or it can just not be. It can be maybe/ or Ify

Nothing is ultimately maybe or iffy, it's either true or untrue. Maybe/iffy is when we don't know which it is for sure. Ultimately, in the end, it is either true or it is not.

Quote:
not exaggerated enough

Then I should include checker players in my chess club? And married people in my singles group?

Quote:
i generalized a bunch of people i know, that all that christianity thing in common, as well as other factors such as income and class of living.

Fair enough, that's clearer. Over here in the West that is often the case. Despite scripture warning that it's harder for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to go to heaven (metaphorically speaking), they still mix their money and religion. It's tragically shameful. We're not all like that though.

Quote:
They are arguing for excluding?

I'm on the verge of misleading you. More clearly, conservative philosophy does not revolve around including everyone in everything, so it's not self-contradicting...This is a very minor point though, more political that religious. I'm not too concerned about that here. My point was how limitless inclusion can be equally harmfull as limitless exclusion.

Quote:
unless you accept him a something other than one of the infinite modes with which he exists denomonationally(sp) like as a man.....not to be leaning towards a god based faith that is older that christianity and got backburnered for the newest thing, Which of course the mormons are doing

I didn't understand this. Could you rephrase it?

Quote:
At first we made god everything, then we made him human so we could kill him, and thus wiping our sins clean.

Well, I obviously disagree there. That's merely speculation.

Quote:
was the killing of jesus one of those sins, because i never killed jesus

Jesus died for every sin, so yes, that one too. Granted none of us directly, physically killed Jesus, but the purpose of his dying was to take our place in dying for our sins. So, in the grand scheme of things, we all killed him. Had we not sinned, he wouldn't have sacrificed himself.

For instance, if you had only comitted one sin your entire life, a sin that seems minor to you, it would still distance you from God because of His perfect nature. Jesus has such overabundant love for you (for me, for anyone) that he would've died even for just that, so you could come into God's perfect presence. For people with over-inflated egos, that's hard to swallow.

Quote:
Its a male dominated religion because man made it(meaning the males dominate, not out populate).

This has been misconstrued, much thanks to many Christians who've twisted it. 1) It is God-dominated, not male-dominated, and 2) the Bible actually teaches equality. The problem is some Christians took verses out of context with others to make the female sex look inferior. That's not the truth. Male and female play different roles, but they are fully equal. A conclusive study of what the Bible teaches reveals this. You'll find husbands, to the shock of many, are taught to submit to their wives as well. We're equal partners.

Quote:
you haven't been to our immediate galaxy...

Shh!!! You're not supposed to tell anyone!

Quote:

Um, yellow.

Quote:
it is hopefully as fun to you as it is to me

It is. It's nice to talk to someone who doesn't wig out for a change.

#21New Post! Apr 11, 2004 @ 03:04:14
at the moment, the sky is black..
Quote:
it's either true or untrue.
yes things can be neutral. your very neutral, neither true for, or untrue for
Quote:
checker players / married people
exclude whoever you wish. exclude them by faith if you wish/or intelligence. if the married guy can play chess as well as checkers he could be in both groups. if a married guy is seperated, perhaps you should let him tag along

Quote:
We're not all like that though.
your not, its refreshing.

Quote:
limitless inclusion can be equally harmfull as limitless exclusion.
yep so either extreme is bad...like you said....

Quote:
Could you rephrase it?
Christianity has changed. The old timers don't like the new timers. the new ideas that are shaping what christianity will become are in use at this moment. the mormons believe another prophet came. A prophet could come and say that gays are okay and god changed his mind. but all prophets say they are the last....
probably messed that up more than helped...

Quote:
I obviously disagree there
I don't believe that either, remember I don't believe in christianity, so why would i fictionalize the events to give them more importance? I think there is something waiting for us and it will be good. It will be better.. It will be for everyone. Do you think god could forgive satan?
Quote:
That's merely speculation.
so was that.. but you think the bible is more than speculation, it is fact, but somehow corruptable by man.Maybe some homophope got a hold of a copy and added his two cents, and created all the current homophobes, Or do you think your born a homophobe, or does some book make you like that? Threadhoping sorry...

Quote:
we all killed him
no i did nothing of the sort. I did not have slaves either, nor have I killed any Iraquis or palestinians. I never had an abortion. I don't agree with this, obviously... I would have tried to help, or is that how judas betrayed him? by not helping. If your theory is true we all commit all crimes...

Quote:
egos
come on...

Quote:
teaches equality
yeah like as in ministers.. and the pope will be girl one day..
Quote:
Um, yellow.
oddly that has a part in the hitchhikers guide as well as the number i mentioned. yours happens first. your not going to see this coming....

Quote:
wig out

Little Rock, Arkansas
#22New Post! Apr 13, 2004 @ 14:41:15
I apologize for not having answered this yet. I haven't had the time to sit and write everything out, but I do have answers to all of those. I've also been busy moderating the singles forum. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I wasn't ignoring you; I'll answer this later this week when I have time to sit down and write out some solid answers for you.
harry_valentine On December 06, 2004

Little Rock, Arkansas
#23New Post! Apr 14, 2004 @ 14:38:08
Quote:
In a way I have become embittered with the term "religion" and yet I am a "born again" Christian. My personal definition of "religion" is: "man's attempt to reach God." Obviously, it is my belief that man cannot reach God... only He can reach us; thus I often explain to people I have no religion.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN to that!

Little Rock, Arkansas
#24New Post! Apr 14, 2004 @ 14:49:42
My stance in a nutshell as well. Exactly.

#25New Post! Apr 14, 2004 @ 15:12:35
So why do christians witness?
And is it okay for an aethiest to do the same thing.
I am not aethiest by the way, just non christian.

Little Rock, Arkansas
#26New Post! Apr 14, 2004 @ 15:14:25
Hey, I haven't had a chance to answer your first set of questions yet!

Boy, my next post is gonna be a novel...
sin_tastes_like_rainbows On September 07, 2005

#27New Post! Apr 14, 2004 @ 17:12:20
Wow.. I didn't read any of that. I'm going to introduce everyone to another acronym: tldr. It means "too long; didn't read"

I'll come back and pick it up later..my brain is tired atm.

Little Rock, Arkansas
#28New Post! Apr 14, 2004 @ 18:07:07
Well, ya know, that whole "origin of the universe, meaning of life" thing is kind of hard to answer Reader's Digest style.

#29New Post! Apr 14, 2004 @ 20:51:18
I think the original poster (who could that be?), set the stage for a size requirment.

Little Rock, Arkansas
#30New Post! Apr 14, 2004 @ 20:56:33
Heh heh...yeah...It's his fault too though. He encouraged me!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs