Forums: Relationships:
Friendships

Hissy fit? Advice?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
nvothers On July 10, 2017

mission, Texas
#1New Post! Jul 09, 2017 @ 07:47:29
I have a friendship that is kinda getting rocky {on my end}. We both have children and now that summer is here well our hands are tied with the whole new routine. I have felt however that getting together for play dates and occasionally trying to have grown up drinks have been shot down on her part. The excuses she gives me doesn't signal not wanting to do it but makes other excuses.. let me try to paint the pic. (1- movie option (mind you it was a chick flick) Her: well I wanted to see that movie with (hubby) 2 -play date with just the babies..her: oh well after after my hubby leaves and when the baby wakes up. Look I know it sounds like its just been these but this has been thrown in my face by her on how we don't hang out as often. My friends personality is not like by many of my family..she is extra {no cussing please in front of my children to I cant let them be on the playground and I sit here on the bench {ages 5 and 10) they are big to they cant play in the dirt they will get dirty.. I can tolerate her for the most part but maybe it was a build up stemming from all the times it annoys me.. a few days ago she messaged me at night venting on a family issue and how she was upset so I called her the next morning..at 1030am! she didn't answer which was no biggy but she text me she couldn't talk because the kids were asleep. and that my peeps is what broke the damn camels back!! I haven't spoken to her because in my world I feel like I put more effort in trying to have a decent friendship and granted. I totally understand her putting her children first I do.. but come on...I see it as her kids run her and she complains {kinda like me now} I'm trying to find out the reasoning behind my bitterness and I have just told her I have been keeping my distance. She hadn't text me for like 2 weeks because she was busy but now that its over now she wants to talk.. idk...just give me some sort of reasoning
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#2New Post! Jul 31, 2017 @ 23:08:58
@nvothers Said

I have a friendship that is kinda getting rocky {on my end}. We both have children and now that summer is here well our hands are tied with the whole new routine. I have felt however that getting together for play dates and occasionally trying to have grown up drinks have been shot down on her part. The excuses she gives me doesn't signal not wanting to do it but makes other excuses.. let me try to paint the pic. (1- movie option (mind you it was a chick flick) Her: well I wanted to see that movie with (hubby) 2 -play date with just the babies..her: oh well after after my hubby leaves and when the baby wakes up. Look I know it sounds like its just been these but this has been thrown in my face by her on how we don't hang out as often. My friends personality is not like by many of my family..she is extra {no cussing please in front of my children to I cant let them be on the playground and I sit here on the bench {ages 5 and 10) they are big to they cant play in the dirt they will get dirty.. I can tolerate her for the most part but maybe it was a build up stemming from all the times it annoys me.. a few days ago she messaged me at night venting on a family issue and how she was upset so I called her the next morning..at 1030am! she didn't answer which was no biggy but she text me she couldn't talk because the kids were asleep. and that my peeps is what broke the damn camels back!! I haven't spoken to her because in my world I feel like I put more effort in trying to have a decent friendship and granted. I totally understand her putting her children first I do.. but come on...I see it as her kids run her and she complains {kinda like me now} I'm trying to find out the reasoning behind my bitterness and I have just told her I have been keeping my distance. She hadn't text me for like 2 weeks because she was busy but now that its over now she wants to talk.. idk...just give me some sort of reasoning

I would slow fade out of your relationship. Not only do you lack common ground, but she puts you dead last and only talks to you when she's bored. She's proven time and time again that she only wants to talk when her hubby and kids are busy. She uses you for gossip and to unload her personal baggage. Just stop answering her calls and whenever she texts, answer every other one with a 1 - 3 word answer. Then answer one out of three, one out of four, until she eventually stops. If she demands an explanation, just say you're busy and you'll contact her when you're available.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs