Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
accessdenied On October 11, 2006

Deleted

Portage, Canada
#1New Post! Jul 09, 2006 @ 22:55:31
Just Some Info For People.

I wasn't totally sure what I wanted or IF I wanted a tattoo. And well they're pretty permenant, so I was trying to decide what to do. I decided to take someone's advice on here, but a step further. (Sorry I can't remember who it was) I went ahead and got a semi permenant tatoo. It's called a Henna Tattoo. I'm not sure how many people know about these, but it's basically staining your skin. It lasts up to four weeks (a month) and if you want to you can simply go back and get it redone before the time frame and it'll stay on as long as you want. It's a great way to get use to having something on your skin that you're not used to. And in my case has decided for me that yes I want to get an Inked tattoo. So that's my next stop.
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#2New Post! Jul 09, 2006 @ 22:58:22
@accessdenied Said
Just Some Info For People.

I wasn't totally sure I what I wanted or IF I wanted a tattoo. And well they're pretty permenant, so I was trying to decide what to do. I decided to take someone's advice on here, but a step further. (Sorry I can't remember who it was) I went ahead and got a semit permenant tatoo. It's called a Henna Tattoo. I'm not sure how many people know about these, but it's basically staining your skin. It lasts up to four weeks (a month) and if you want to you can simply go back and get it redone before the time frame and it'll stay on as long as you want. It's a great way to get use to having something on your skin that you're not used to. And in my case has decided for me that yes I want to get an Inked tattoo. So that's my next stop.

stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 01:20:34
I guess I don't see a henna tattoo as being much of a practice run for a real tattoo.

If you're going to regret a tattoo, it's not necessarily going to be in the first month, year or even decade. It's going to be when you are 40, 50, or 60 when it looks ridiculous on aged skin, and the pattern is totally out of fashion.

When I see 40 or 50 year old women in the supermarket with tatoos, I always think it makes them look incredibly trashy.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I just can't reconcile the two concepts of "fashionable" and "permanent". I see lasers in your future.
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#4New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 01:36:53
i would stick with just the henna. i get them done all the time when i go to mexico. they look so awesome.

id much rather than than wrinkly old skin trying to make out a pattern of somesort
man_in_kilt On December 05, 2006

Deleted

trapped in my mind, Tennessee
#5New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 01:47:41
I wish you luck on your decision.My suggestion would be to make sure you get something personal to you,and not something that looks good on the wall of the parlor.Too many people get something in fashion such as a butterfly,or some animal they think is cool,and regret it years later.If you draw yourself,or know someone that draws quite well ask them to design something for you.That way you know it is personal if nothing else other than your friend drew it for you.Congrats on your choice once again and please post a pic so we can awe over your newly artistic addition.

Deleted

Portage, Canada
#6New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 22:04:01
Thanks for all the advice. Yeah I actually have what I want in mind, and I'm drawing it with the help of my sister in law. The one on my shoulder was simply a off the wall thing.
I'm not getting something HUGE that will sag or whatever as I get older, and I've been thinking carefully of where to get it, because of having childern in the future, places less painful AND less likely to look like total crap when I'm 50 or 60. If I live that long
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 22:06:29
dont some people react really badly to henna tatoo's their ellergic to the ink or something.
mosthauntedlover On March 18, 2016

My House, Ohio
#8New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 22:08:28
atleast your thinking before you do it. Other people just get it done and don't care.
gasolinerainbow On December 27, 2013

sha lalalaa..., United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 22:10:14
well it's completely up to yourself.it's your skin..your decision.....
dont be influenced by others....

when your 50/60..id imagine you wouldnt be exposing it tht much..depending on where your getting it...
think long and hard about tht too before you venture into it..

Deleted

Portage, Canada
#10New Post! Jul 10, 2006 @ 22:13:02
@jmo Said
dont some people react really badly to henna tatoo's their ellergic to the ink or something.

Well mine was made from a tea type of stain. Some people might be have allgeries to it yes, so it's important to always check these things.
venom On September 03, 2006

Deleted

, Colorado
#11New Post! Jul 11, 2006 @ 20:18:16
I guess I will be one of those 60 year old women walking around with my 6 tattoos with wrinkles in them and sagging....LOL! It took me 2 months to decide on getting my first tattoo and now I have 6 of them. They are not to big and I can cover them up with clothing so when the time comes to go out to a fancy resturaunt or a get together no one knows I have any tattoos unless i show them.

Deleted

Portage, Canada
#12New Post! Jul 12, 2006 @ 01:32:26
@venom Said
I guess I will be one of those 60 year old women walking around with my 6 tattoos with wrinkles in them and sagging....LOL! It took me 2 months to decide on getting my first tattoo and now I have 6 of them. They are not to big and I can cover them up with clothing so when the time comes to go out to a fancy resturaunt or a get together no one knows I have any tattoos unless i show them.

Nice! I've come up with a design, now I just have to get the finished touches and I'm done!
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#13New Post! Jul 12, 2006 @ 17:52:16
why dont u stick to henna...?

Deleted

Portage, Canada
#14New Post! Jul 12, 2006 @ 19:19:02
@sal Said
why dont u stick to henna...?

I might stick to them. I love henna. Then again I might not. I like being adventursome.
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#15New Post! Jul 12, 2006 @ 19:23:55
yeah but henna,, u just change it everytimeee u can do lots of drawings and different things and still be able to remove them when ur sick of them
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs