Higher Taxes For The Rich?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#1New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:19:13
If you believe the rich should have a higher percentage of their pay taken from them by the government, why do you believe this (that the rich have more of an obligation to the government than the poor)?
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:25:58
Yes they do... why not.. the rich are rich because they tax dodge and piss all over the little man with cheap labour and crap marterials.

The lower classes have been paying for weverything for hundred of years, and pound for pound the rich people in essence having been paying more. the 10% of th uk, that are rich, dont pay income tax like you and me. They pay a small percentage based on the income of there business then top it off with divends.

I have been shown by a accountant how to make the same amount of money as i used to but pay 5% less in tax. And im a sole trader.

So yes the rich should pay more than the poor. Its just logical..
christa On January 14, 2009

, Canada
#3New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:30:44
yes cause they can afford to when they take taxes of my hubbys pay its taking away any spending money we would have for any extras and it makes us live from paycheque to paycheque!
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#4New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:32:54
I believe they should... or at least use their money for helping out the community (i.e.-college scholarships, community improvement, etc.) instead of wasting it on the lastest new car, jewelry, or clothes...

For instance... the oil companies... my teacher was talking about how much money they have left after taxes and if all of the companies used that money towards college scholarships instead of giving higher up company people more money...that almost all the kids in the U.S. could get their education paid off... I'm not sure if that could be true...but at least it would help a little with college tuition....
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:35:10
Yes, rich people have more, therefor they can afford to give more. The hard-working poor families need as much of their pay as they can get, to feed their children, clothe their children, and other things.

The rich can afford to give a higher percentage of their pay, and therefor should.

Kudos to Markfox, Drummerwannabe and Christa!
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#6New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:35:33
I paid working last year over ?7000 in tax, and i am just below the average earnings in this country..

thats ?7000 that i could have used to buy a house? or a car?? or invest?? with the tax reduced iu can at least earn more and save more.. thus getting me in to a position where i can own my own home and have a pension. instead of living from one month to the next..
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:35:54

, Canada
#8New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:38:13
@jmo Said
Yes, rich people have more, therefor they can afford to give more. The hard-working poor families need as much of their pay as they can get, to feed their children, clothe their children, and other things.

The rich can afford to give a higher percentage of their pay, and therefor should.

Kudos to Markfox, Drummerwannabe and Christa!

thanx lmo kudos 2 you 2
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:41:22
The rich already pay more. Way more.

In the United States, the richest 50% of people pay 96% of the taxes.

The top 7% pay 51% of the taxes. Yes, you read that right. More than half of the income tax paid by US citizens is paid by the richest 7%.

The top 1% pay more than 26% of the taxes. The *richest one percent* account for over a quarter of the US income tax.

Here's a great quote from The Straight Dope:

"The top one-twentieth of 1 percent of filers, those making $1 million or more--and Tom Wolfe's little demonstration in Bonfire of the Vanities notwithstanding, nobody's going to tell me those guys aren't rich--paid 10 percent of the taxes. That's a mere 67,000 households, who on average paid income tax of $707,000 apiece."

Poor people pay little or no income tax whatsoever. The more money you make, the higher the percentage of your income must go to taxes.
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#10New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:43:53
@jonnythan Said
The rich already pay more. Way more.

In the United States, the richest 50% of people pay 96% of the taxes.

The top 7% pay 51% of the taxes. Yes, you read that right. More than half of the income tax paid by US citizens is paid by the richest 7%.

The top 1% pay more than 26% of the taxes. The *richest one percent* account for over a quarter of the US income tax.

Poor people pay little or no income tax whatsoever. The more money you make, the higher the percentage of your income must go to taxes.

so if they do pay a lot of taxes...then maybe we shouldn't make them pay more...but make them give some of that money to the community??
stickman On May 19, 2007

york, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:46:50
ok ther are some good reasons there but a few things missed, if you found out you wer gonna get taxed shed loads for bein succesful would you strive to get ther, its like taxin peeps for doin well, also not all peeps that are rich do s*** to staff, my father aint a million maker but he is well off an treats staff well, he gave them an option of if they would like a higher pay rise or if they would like him to keep payin for all the staff to have a big x-mas party, he also introduced phased retirement so that wen someone gets to 60 they knock a day off ther workin week but still get the same pay as if they had done a full week an knock off another each year till ther leave
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:49:41
@drummerwannabe Said
so if they do pay a lot of taxes...then maybe we shouldn't make them pay more...but make them give some of that money to the community??

They do give that money to the community.

What do you think our taxes are for? Local and state taxes pay for roads, police and fire, trash collection, schools and colleges, highways, public parks, etc etc. Federal taxes go to the military, college funding, state universities, medical research, scientific research, art, federal prisons, agriculture, etc.
ang42 On October 12, 2007

Pontiac, Illinois
#13New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:50:27
ok what do you consider rich?
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#14New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:54:06
@jonnythan Said
They do give that money to the community.

What do you think our taxes are for? Local and state taxes pay for roads, police and fire, trash collection, schools and colleges, highways, public parks, etc etc. Federal taxes go to the military, college funding, state universities, medical research, scientific research, art, federal prisons, agriculture, etc.

ok... well it doesn't seem like they are...

Forgive me for not knowing what taxes go for... I'm only 19...

, Canada
#15New Post! Sep 26, 2006 @ 16:54:57
no matter how much the rich get taxed i never see them hurting or living paycheque to paycheque! so why would it matter to them to pay moore its not like their kids wont go to the best schools have the best things and never know what its like to not have the money to do somthing like th rest of us
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs