The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Science:
Physics

Higgs boson-like particle discovery claimed at LHC.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
salamsourceofpeace On December 08, 2016

, British Indian Ocean Territo
#1New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 17:05:36
Understanding the universe.
Higgs boson-like particle discovery claimed at LHC.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18702455
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 17:10:31
What a disappointing article - a bunch of babble about how they discovered it and that it is important to understanding the universe, but very little explanation of what it is and how exactly it relates to the universe. I wanted to know full details of why they are excited, not just that they are.
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#3New Post! Jul 04, 2012 @ 18:39:28
Well, they were spending billions to try to prove their obsolete "standard model".

But the reason that they are excited is because they are now finally seeing some evidence that there is indeed very high energy in stable form that helps justify the reason for stable matter to exist in the first place...
salamsourceofpeace On December 08, 2016

, British Indian Ocean Territo
#4New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 15:45:46
Related explanations by various sources @ https://www.interactions.org/cms/

===================================================================================
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 16:01:14
Just been reading the Guardian liveblog of the announcement the other day. My physics isn't great but even I can tell this discovery is big. I wish I understood more about that side of science so I could truly appreciate it.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#6New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 16:08:12
@wirelessguru1 Said

Well, they were spending billions to try to prove their obsolete "standard model".

But the reason that they are excited is because they are now finally seeing some evidence that there is indeed very high energy in stable form that helps justify the reason for stable matter to exist in the first place...

It's got nothing to do with justifying why stable matter exists. All it does it give insight to the possible reasons as to why things have relative mass. Mass is a very different thing than matter. Why there is matter is still a very different and important question.

In other words, there is no matter because there is mass. There is mass because there is matter.
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#7New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 16:12:09
@Leon Said

What a disappointing article - a bunch of babble about how they discovered it and that it is important to understanding the universe, but very little explanation of what it is and how exactly it relates to the universe. I wanted to know full details of why they are excited, not just that they are.

In a nutshell, it describes why things have mass (the "volume" of matter, you could say). I don't recommend finding out about it from a news website. They'll just go on and on about the "God particle" (a name coined by a scientist only because he wasn't allowed to call it the "Goddamn particle" ). And he only wanted to call it the "Goddamn particle" because it was so frustrating to find. I recommend trying any scientific online journal or even Wikipedia. Just please, please, please, don't join this whole "God particle" frenzy the media and the masses are in. The particle has absolutely nothing to do with divine power.

Somewhere in, California
#8New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 17:09:43
@galasTAray Said

It's got nothing to do with justifying why stable matter exists. All it does it give insight to the possible reasons as to why things have relative mass. Mass is a very different thing than matter. Why there is matter is still a very different and important question.

What relative mass!?

..and in what way is mass different from matter!? Maybe you mean that not all EM wave structures (like the photon for example) have measurable weight!!!???

@galasTAray Said

In other words, there is no matter because there is mass. There is mass because there is matter.

Sorry, but that makes little to no sense to me!!!

Somewhere in, California
#9New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 17:11:43
@galasTAray Said

In a nutshell, it describes why things have mass (the "volume" of matter, you could say).

Volume is NOT mass!

Somewhere in, California
#10New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 17:56:45
..or maybe this entire thing (announcement) is a case of force-fitting data to maintain faith with (and, of course, funding) an obsolete standard model!?

"Theoretical physicists have long postulated that Higgs particles permeate the Universe, creating an invisible energy field that causes other particles of matter to have mass, allowing matter to coalesce into larger objects such as molecules, stars and planets...."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/eureka-cern-announces-discovery-of-higgs-boson-god-particle-7907677.html
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#11New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 17:58:54
@wirelessguru1 Said

Volume is NOT mass!

I am aware of that.
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#12New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 18:00:02
@wirelessguru1 Said

What relative mass!?

..and in what way is mass different from matter!? Maybe you mean that not all EM wave structures (like the photon for example) have measurable weight!!!???

Sorry, but that makes little to no sense to me!!!

No, I'm not talking about photons. I'm talking about the basic differences between what is matter and what is mass. These are very elementary and fundamental differences. Research them.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#13New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 18:00:33
@wirelessguru1 Said

..or maybe this entire thing (announcement) is a case of force-fitting data to maintain faith with (and, of course, funding) an obsolete standard model!?

"Theoretical physicists have long postulated that Higgs particles permeate the Universe, creating an invisible energy field that causes other particles of matter to have mass, allowing matter to coalesce into larger objects such as molecules, stars and planets.... "

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/eureka-cern-announces-discovery-of-higgs-boson-god-particle-7907677.html

Oh wait...suddenly that made something make sense. A little.

I was watching a program that was talking about how moons were formed and they were talking, basically, about matter coalescing into larger "objects" - in this case, moons.

Later in that same program, they were using the same process to explain why Saturn has rings around it. But...they didn't explain why those things didn't form a moon, as the conditions they presented were the same. Of course, there was no mention of a missing particle in this program at all. I couldn't lend a whole lot of credence to it given the contradiction of the moon/ring formations.

Somewhere in, California
#14New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 18:10:03
@galasTAray Said

No, I'm not talking about photons. I'm talking about the basic differences between what is matter and what is mass. These are very elementary and fundamental differences. Research them.

Come on, who in the hell do you think that you're talking to!?

Matter (complex EM structures) has mass (weight), so mass is just a property of matter! Wake up!!!

Somewhere in, California
#15New Post! Jul 06, 2012 @ 18:33:39
@someone_else Said

Of course, there was no mention of a missing particle in this program at all. I couldn't lend a whole lot of credence to it given the contradiction of the moon/ring formations.

Because there are no particles.

Let me explain this stuff to you like this. The "invisible energy field" is really called the "Source Field" or "The EM Field" or just simply "The Field" since space is just a wavelength...

So it is not a God particle...

To me this whole thing about the God particle is the final attempt, before the present age/era finally ends, for the ruling elites to try to control and enslave the masses (mass)...

This is also exactly why the God-particle is directly related to mass...

FYI: There are many books about the Source Field if you want to do your own research on these things...just goggle source field or the field or the EM field and you will find many choices...

+1 (Neo)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs