The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Election 2012

Hey, Mitt, why start with the 47 percent?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 23:39:36
A MUST read for anyone voting (or not planning to vote)!
https://www.opednews.com/articles/Not-a-gaffe-but-the-real-by-Ralph-Nader-120920-916.html?show=votes

"Hey, Mitt, why start with the 47 percent? Fully 100 percent of the nation's 500 biggest corporations are dependent on various kinds of corporate welfare -- subsidies, giveaways, bailouts, waivers, and other dazzling preferences -- while many pay no tax at all on very substantial profits (see their familiar names - General Electric, Pepco, Verizon etc. - at https://www.ctj.org/pdf/notax2012.pdf )."
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#2New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 23:40:54
From the same link:

"Now, either ignorance, callousness or both infected Mitt Romney's pejorative characterizations of the "government dependent" 47 percent with victim mentalities who believe that they are entitled to the government providing them the necessities of life without paying income tax. Let's see who these people are in these recessionary times. Unemployed Americans. Americans who are too poor to pay income taxes. Elderly Americans who live on their social security checks from money for which they spent their decades of working years paying. Americans using the "earned income tax credit," so vigorously supported and extended by President Ronald Reagan. And disabled Americans who have no dollars for any income tax."
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#3New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 23:46:36
@shinobinoz Said

From the same link:

"Now, either ignorance, callousness or both infected Mitt Romney's pejorative characterizations of the "government dependent" 47 percent with victim mentalities who believe that they are entitled to the government providing them the necessities of life without paying income tax. Let's see who these people are in these recessionary times. Unemployed Americans. Americans who are too poor to pay income taxes. Elderly Americans who live on their social security checks from money for which they spent their decades of working years paying. Americans using the "earned income tax credit," so vigorously supported and extended by President Ronald Reagan. And disabled Americans who have no dollars for any income tax."

WOW, no words...I can't believe what i'm reading!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#4New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 23:48:15
@Spinkiegirl Said

WOW, no words...I can't believe what i'm reading!

It is very important to get this info out to people you know!!!!!!
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#5New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 23:50:35
@shinobinoz Said

It is very important to get this info out to people you know!!!!!!

I'm taking your links to Facebook right now Bro!! Don't you worry, i'm doing EVERYTHING in my power to help mitt NOT get elected!! OBAMA 2012!!
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#6New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 23:51:55
@shinobinoz Said

https://www.opednews.com/articles/Not-a-gaffe-but-the-real-by-Ralph-Nader-120920-916.html?show=votes

"Hey, Mitt, why start with the 47 percent? Fully 100 percent of the nation's 500 biggest corporations are dependent on various kinds of corporate welfare -- subsidies, giveaways, bailouts, waivers, and other dazzling preferences -- while many pay no tax at all on very substantial profits (see their familiar names - General Electric, Pepco, Verizon etc. - at https://www.ctj.org/pdf/notax2012.pdf )."

Why doesn't that fool just give up? I mean he is digging him self deeper and deeper.I do not see how this man is going to win unless people are so blind on all he plans to do.
USAFPSPRET On December 05, 2013

Cape May, New Jersey
#7New Post! Sep 20, 2012 @ 23:53:21
@shinobinoz Said

OpEdNews.com from Wikipedia: " It is Left biased and readers should expect to read the site as a left-wing site with a left wing perspective." How about we make it even by accepting something on the subject from WND.com?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#8New Post! Sep 21, 2012 @ 00:03:39
Don't ya know, 'wealthy-fare' is okay. Welfare is not.

Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Sep 21, 2012 @ 00:16:12
@EoWyN Said

Why doesn't that fool just give up? I mean he is digging him self deeper and deeper.I do not see how this man is going to win unless people are so blind on all he plans to do.

Agree! But american short memory & stupidity scare the hell out of me. Obama 2012!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Sep 21, 2012 @ 00:17:14
@USAFPSPRET Said

OpEdNews.com from Wikipedia: " It is Left biased and readers should expect to read the site as a left-wing site with a left wing perspective." How about we make it even by accepting something on the subject from WND.com?

Try something novel. Read it and THEN get back with us!
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#11New Post! Sep 21, 2012 @ 00:43:28
@shinobinoz Said

Agree! But american short memory & stupidity scare the hell out of me. Obama 2012!

When Obama wins AGAIN I am going to run around naked and sing a happy song...maybe I'll get Obama girl to join me
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Sep 21, 2012 @ 00:49:44
@EoWyN Said

When Obama wins AGAIN I am going to run around naked and sing a happy song...maybe I'll get Obama girl to join me

Obama Girl went over to the dark side. But I'll vote for you to be the new Obama Girl!!!!!
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#13New Post! Sep 21, 2012 @ 00:57:36
@shinobinoz Said

Obama Girl went over to the dark side. But I'll vote for you to be the new Obama Girl!!!!!

I think I will make up my own dance for him. hahahaha I remember being back home and walking infront of my grandfather and singing at the top of my lungs...I GOT A CRUSH ON OBAMA....let's just say he was madder than a one-legged waitress working at Ihop
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Sep 21, 2012 @ 02:18:24
@EoWyN Said

I think I will make up my own dance for him. hahahaha I remember being back home and walking infront of my grandfather and singing at the top of my lungs...I GOT A CRUSH ON OBAMA....let's just say he was madder than a one-legged waitress working at Ihop

My two eldest got to meet Obama when he was a candidate & came to El Dorado near Wichita.
USAFPSPRET On December 05, 2013

Cape May, New Jersey
#15New Post! Sep 21, 2012 @ 13:35:25
@shinobinoz Said

Try something novel. Read it and THEN get back with us!

You might try your own advice and broaden your "news" sources.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs