Rants & Raves

Help! with my mom not letting my brother see my dad

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#1New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 06:31:02
Alright here we go, i am beyond pissed off at that thing i call my mother. And i need help figuring out what to do. (Do not tell me not to hate my mother, she is the only person in this world i hate and i will hate her because it is nessesary if you want to know more just ask and i will tell you)

Anyways, my mom has not let my dad see my youngest brother (Trevor) in about 3 years or so give or take a few months. Well went i started talking to my dad agian he kept saying how he wanted a piture of the 3 of us (my brother and i) because he didnt have one. I figured this would be a great christmas present. So i call my mother up and tell her about it so that way we can figure out a way to make it work (me and my other brother have crazy schedules and dont live that near my mother)

So she thinks it over and calls me back (mind you my dad is paying child support and the papers say he is suppose to see Trevor every other weekend and every other hoiday and a few months in the summer)

She tells me that she does not feel that Trevor should be in this picture because it is going to send the message to my dad that everything is alright and it's not.

I was also going to put this same picture in the christmas cards i was going to send out this year, but ya, now i dont know what to do.

I dont understand what her deal is, Justin thinks she is just jealous how we all like my dad and hang out with him and not her and she thinks that if Trevor gets to see my dad he will want to live with him as well.

So what do i do? Do i fight with her to get him in the piture, or should i just have me and the other brother in it? I really just dont want to talk to her anymore but i would feel bad for Trevor, so that is the main reason that i talk to her.

This situation just has me at a loss for words, and i dont know what to do about it, has anyone ever had this kind of thing happen before (parents fighting over kids)
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#2New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 06:47:13
i think that's terrible,
nothing he could of done merits not being aloud a simple picture of his children.
can you not just get together and take one without your moms permission?,
it's only a photo.
bellestrange On March 08, 2012
Coo Coo Kachoo

South Australia, Australia
#3New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 07:00:22
That is wrong. Your Mum is using your brother as a pawn in a mind game and in the end he (and you and probably everyone else) will resent her for it. It is not fair to deny your brother his Dad, he needs a father figure and she well she's got rocks in her head! I would have done anything for my Dad to have shown such an interest in keeping things going smoothly after Mum and him divorced. She cant give your brother what your Dad can as a parent, and she should be made aware of this, though best not by you. You already sound like you'reat the end of your tether. Try not to stress about it, hopefully things will work out.
osm On March 18, 2016
Kiwi!

Wellington, New Zealand
#4New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 07:08:06
does mum have to be in it??

Austin, Texas
#5New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 07:12:34
well i live 5 hours away from my mom, and i am going there on the 11 & 12 and my other brother lives an hour away and he is going there on the 9-11 so we were going to do it then

there really isnt a time to do it without her knowing cause they live together and all. And she wont let us take him out of the house anyways.
rosie2106 On April 09, 2008

melbourne, Australia
#6New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 07:55:11
how old is your brother?
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#7New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 10:10:45
Your mum should be the Parent with care.. I dont know what the situation why your parennts split, but your brother has the right to see his dad... and in a few years time that right will be coming hand in hand with child support. No child support no rights..

Your dad sshould see a lawyer for viewing rights.

What you need to do is make her see the era of her ways.. because she is screwing up that little boy!
ipwninternets On August 05, 2008

Wollongong, Australia
#8New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 10:52:59
smack her silly.
tyra On November 13, 2008

Newcastle, Australia
#9New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 11:11:48
what a b****, she is jus using ur brother to gett at ur dad. fight to get him in the picture aswell
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#10New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 11:12:18
Your mum has no right to stop your brother from seeing his Dad. If you're brother wants to see him, then so be it..He's still his father and he has every right to be allowed to know his own dad and vice versa for yoour father.

But in saying all that, I know its not as easy as it sounds. i haven't seen my Dad in about 5 years, so contact with him what soever. Im not sure If I want to go find him and see him, at times I want too but umm yeah long story... anywho theres more to think about than myself if I ever want to see him. Sometimes I just feel it'd be more trouble than its worth...
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 11:59:07
a child is not a pawn in a game of chess - thats terrible!

Austin, Texas
#12New Post! Dec 07, 2006 @ 21:48:40
my brother is 12, my mom says that my dad cant see him because he has an alcohol problem but she is just using that as an excuse because went he drank a lot she let him see him, and now he doesnt drink that much. And he has never ever missed a day of work.

Austin, Texas
#13New Post! Dec 11, 2006 @ 22:31:45
So i give up, if she doesnt want him in the picture oh well, i guess she is just going to have to deal with that when Tevor gets to the age where he can figure out what he wants to do.

I called her and she sold the house that my parents lived in so i am sure she has all kinds of money but she wont share any of it, when all dad wanted was the house and she didnt even want it.

She just made me feel like i was a little kid, and told me to call her back when i could talk to her nicely. But whatever, she is a c*** and i hope i never have to talk to her again.
jeffwatson On November 04, 2007

Oak Town, Rhode Island
#14New Post! Dec 30, 2006 @ 22:58:23
Agreed.

Austin, Texas
#15New Post! Dec 31, 2006 @ 00:09:57
Well i just took this cute picture

Then when i sent my moms card i put an extra picture in there of me and my brother and drew my other brother in with a sharpie and had an arrow pointing to him saying his name.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs