The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Woman Talk

Help needed understanding feelings concerning new relationship.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
LionessMiss On October 14, 2008

Launceston, Australia
#1New Post! Oct 14, 2008 @ 00:27:26

Hi, Im in my mid 20s, was in a serious relationship for 5 years up until a year ago, we went through property settlement etc it was a domestic violent relationship and he ended up in jail for not leaving me alone after i ended our relationship.. its been a year and now in the last three & a half months I have been together with a new guy, who is completely opposite from the last one. This new guy is smart, funny & kind, is 3 years older than I, however never has been in a serious relationship and has been independant for a long time. We spend Wednesday and Friday nights together sometimes Saturday nights as well. We get along very well, have lots of fun, his friends love me and my friends love him, my parents love him, and what I have been able to meet of his family they love me. The thing is, between Sunday and Wednesdays I miss him terribly, the only contact we have are a good morning message and a good night message - thats it. I am starting to feel like a separation anxiety or something to the point I could be pretty mean to him cos I am not getting any attention from him. But when I do say something I regret to him then I feel better - but I cant expect him to understand that when I am upset that I am feeling the opposite. I wish I could understand why it is this way. Maybe there is a solution to this - like we could have a phone call on the Monday night? To split the contact up? Any ideas or if someone has felt similar before Id be interested in chatting.
nakedchinchilla On October 27, 2008

kernersville, North Carolina
#2New Post! Oct 14, 2008 @ 00:30:07
i just have a ?. why dont you guys talk during the day? is it his job or something?
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#3New Post! Oct 14, 2008 @ 00:35:55
I know how you feel. It sucks when you miss someone and just want to talk to them.

With one of my last relationships, I would get so upset because I was getting very little time with him. I wanted to talk to him but I knew he was busy. Which left me with worrying way too much. That lead to the messages that I would regret. In the end leading to us splitting up.

If I could take back the way I acted in many situations, I would. Anything to get another chance.

I would suggest mentioning it to him and seeing what he thinks. If he doesn't want to take a bit more time and talk to you, then leave it how it is for now. You just have to learn to control your emotions a bit.
But I would think that if he really does like you and being with you, that actually talking on the phone a bit more throughout the week shouldn't be a big deal.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#4New Post! Oct 14, 2008 @ 00:40:03
Slow down and let him catch up.. You said he has been very independent so even this much time with him may be a lot for him.

Pushing for more time right now may make you seem like you want to rush things that he's not ready for yet hence you may push him away..

Cherish the times you do have with him and a little later on in the relationship if things don't progress, then tell him how you feel.

This is a fairly new relationship, give it time to build a foundation, don't try to put a roof on a house that isn't built on a solid foundation... Good Luck!!
KZ_page On December 01, 2008

Deleted

lakeville,
#5New Post! Oct 14, 2008 @ 01:18:28
Maybe he wants a Girl Friend but not the commitment.
If your looking for a commitment out of a relationship,It's possible he might not be that one.
There are couples who do this for years,who end up splitting up. because the commitment never happens.
JGurl86 On December 18, 2011

CandyLand, Texas
#6New Post! Oct 14, 2008 @ 03:21:11
When I started going out with my current boyfriend, we didn't really talk much at night. He moved about 2 1/2 hours away so I get to see him some weekends. I would start off by txting him and we'd txt until I fell asleep (he'd know because I would stop responding, lol) and then it worked it's way up to we call each other every night before I go to sleep.

Try txting him everynight, like having conversations that way. Then let it slowly lead up to phone calls. It might be hard but if you really like him it'll be worth the trouble.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#7New Post! Oct 14, 2008 @ 05:03:14
You didn't say why you were away from each other Sunday - Wednesdays??? Is it a distance factor? Job related?

Maybe he has another relationship during that time.

The best thing to do in my opinion is to let him know how YOU feel. Tell your partner that you want to spend more time together.

You know what they say, "Let it go. If it comes back to you, then you deserve it."

Good Luck.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs