Religion & Philosophy

Heaven/hell

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
frederick On January 26, 2008

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 21:06:45
If you think about it, Heaven would be absolute Hell for an atheist!
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#2New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 21:10:00
@frederick Said

explain to me why it would
amazedbyu86 On February 20, 2008

Tallahassee, Florida
#3New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 21:10:43
I'd agree with that some what, but only if you believe in Heaven do you go to Heaven. I am personally atheist. But on the other hand, you just might then be convinced, therefore no longer are you an atheist. Seeing is believing, in my opinion.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 21:15:43
all the billions of people that ever died all playing the harp together sitting on clouds?
most of them probably suck too.

no thanks
babylon On January 18, 2008

Deleted

Sad El Baouchrieh, Lebanon
#5New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 21:17:25

Quote:

First of all u might wanna explain what is this heaven u r talking about? I mean what's in it?
And we can decide then if we'd fit!

#6New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 21:50:24
@alexkidd Said
all the billions of people that ever died all playing the harp together sitting on clouds?

no thanks

You don't like music? How about this then, for hard graft?

Revelations ct 4 vs 8 - 11 inc.
The four living creatures each having six wings were full of eyes around and within. (No privacy there) And they did not rest, day or night, sayin "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come!" (Twenty-four hours a day, no tea breaks, no lunch, no going home at the end of the working day - trade unions would have a field day! However, let's plough on.) Whenever the living creatures gave glory and honour and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying;
"You are worthy, O, Lord, to receiver glory, and honour and power, for You created all things, and by your will they exist and were created." (Know thy place!)

Imagine having to to that all day, every day, without even a five minute break to stretch your legs! A touch repetitious, and vain even.
sicros On November 28, 2008

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#7New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 22:08:13
@alexkidd Said

no thanks

Streets paved with gold and such with etenal happiness. Now I would turn that down for eternal fire ANYDAY! I think it's time for another religous topic. Joke, ill make it tommorow but it wont be discussing the bible.
trust On November 02, 2008

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 22:11:22
oh thankyou i really needed a giggle and you gave me it..
You mean i wouldnt be able ton have a fag break either?

@frederick Said

Revelations ct 4 vs 8 - 11 inc.
The four living creatures each having six wings were full of eyes around and within. (No privacy there) And they did not rest, day or night, sayin "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come!" (Twenty-four hours a day, no tea breaks, no lunch, no going home at the end of the working day - trade unions would have a field day! However, let's plough on.) Whenever the living creatures gave glory and honour and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying;
"You are worthy, O, Lord, to receiver glory, and honour and power, for You created all things, and by your will they exist and were created." (Know thy place!)

Imagine having to to that all day, every day, without even a five minute break to stretch your legs! A touch repetitious, and vain even.
sicros On November 28, 2008

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#9New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 22:11:32
@frederick Said

Maybe they were happy? If you could drink water all the time and have it taste better than anything you could ever drink, would you do it? It might be something like that. Or another analogy, Eating vegatables and having them taste like candy. That's how I imagine that. Maybe they were Robots. The six eyes thing.
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Oct 15, 2007 @ 23:04:47
I would rather go to hell and burn in eternal damnation with my fellow athiests on this board than spend 30 seconds out of eternity talking with the nutty christians from these forums

#11New Post! Oct 16, 2007 @ 21:57:23
@shadowy Said
I would rather go to hell and burn in eternal damnation with my fellow athiests on this board than spend 30 seconds out of eternity talking with the nutty christians from these forums

There - exactly what I said in the first place! Heaven would be absolute hell for people like you, and hark at the pot calling the kettle black - what sane person would want to spend eternity in Hell. You come across as daft as a brush - I'm GLAD I'm not destined to spend eternity with you as a neighbour!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 17:37:27
@frederick Said
There - exactly what I said in the first place! Heaven would be absolute hell for people like you, and hark at the pot calling the kettle black - what sane person would want to spend eternity in Hell. You come across as daft as a brush - I'm GLAD I'm not destined to spend eternity with you as a neighbour!

Ah name calling, at last you have got in touch with your true christian roots
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 17:47:33
all that harp music... no way! i would rather rock out in hell
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 17:50:38
@pete Said
explain to me why it would

because you'd be stuck with all the christian's trying to convert you? just a wild guess. lol

i don't think that it is necessarily true. you might just be really bored cos all the people with morals and ethics end up there.

by the way, i am an atheist all the way!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Oct 18, 2007 @ 18:29:02
I think there would be no morals in heaven as those people have already got to the place they want to be with a life of fake morality, therefore theyno longer need to be moral.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs