The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Have you fallen in love with someone on the net? What happened?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
dougie On November 03, 2007

Deleted

Queanbeyan, Australia
#1New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 09:21:13
I realise that this question may have been posed before but I wouldn't even begin to know where to find it.
But anyway here goes.

Have any of our members fallen in love with someone on the net?
Or have you had an internet love affair?

What happened? Can you share your story?

The reason I ask is that I have met someone on the net. She lives in the US and over the past few months we have come quite close.
No; I'm not desperate and dateless and I am not involved with anyone else. This thing just came up out of the blue with what started into an epal contact thing to a steamy love affair.
I'm not sure how to approach this situation and was wondering how other people fared. I have heard of stories in the media; mostly bad news but surely it can't be ALL bad news?
The thing is; I really do feel that I have fallen in love with this girl and want to try to do what is right. By her and by me. Is such a thing like this really possible?

Dougie
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 09:27:07
Yep, I have. We met and went out for almost 8 months but broke up on Monday.
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#3New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 09:27:09
Yes, I have, and I am still with her
suicide_blonde On April 08, 2008

Deleted

seventh circle of hell, United
#4New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 09:32:04
that's how i met my boyfriend. we've been together several years now. don't be discouraged by all the media hype. people can and do find each other this way. i think meeting online can actually be better. you get to know each other as a person first without the physical aspect getting in the way.
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#5New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 09:42:15
I met my first girlfriend on the internet actually. Not the best way to start off lol.
BUT it made me who I am, I learnt loads from that relationship.
It didn't work out anyway.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#6New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 09:53:31
Yes.

Didn't work out Long and personal story I don't really want to post on here, but it's a case of how well you can know someone at a distance.
Of course, you can meet someone online and fall for them and they aren't too far away - not so hard to get to know them then
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 12:12:22
it's how I met my partner, I've now moved in with him, he's going to uni' in October and I'm going to go into full time employment and we're very much so happy with each other :D The past 2 guys i dated were also from the net...but they weren't too succesful....just make sure you truly know her well enough before meeting up if you decide to?
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 12:28:09
yeah me and my bf met on here actually lol, currently he's in the kitchen washing up and i'm jobhunting.
charger On October 01, 2009

bricktown,
#9New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 12:56:14
@dougie Said
I realise that this question may have been posed before but I wouldn't
even begin to know where to find it.
But anyway here goes.

Have any of our members fallen in love with someone on the net?
Or have you had an internet love affair?

What happened? Can you share your story?

The reason I ask is that I have met someone on the net. She lives in the US and over the
past few months we have come quite close.
No; I'm not desperate and dateless and I am not involved with anyone else. This thing just
came up out of the blue with what started into an epal contact thing to a steamy love
affair.
I'm not sure how to approach this situation and was wondering how other people fared. I
have heard of stories in the media; mostly bad news but surely it can't be ALL bad news?
The thing is; I really do feel that I have fallen in love with this girl and want to try to do
what is right. By her and by me. Is such a thing like this really possible?

Dougie

this is a great topic! I have been thinking about this quite a bit lately. so, you saved me the
initial work. i think this is becoming an increasingly popular way that people meet, and
possibly fall in love, however possible this is to do seeing there is no physical contact,
initially, and must admit it is a little scary, odd!
Anyway, its basically a crap shoot, since it really is a gamble on both peoples part. I could
def, see this happening though, since you are accessing a part of ones being, that one
may not normally see, but feel. that persons soul and feelings, therefore inner beauty,
which probrobly lends itself to a much stronger connection than the the physical part.
oh, and im sure lonliness, and some desperation play there parts in this as well. You may
never know where conversations can lead though, which holds some excitment at least!
queenofhearts On December 16, 2009

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 13:01:08
I cant say ive fallen in love with someone off the net...But im open minded person and im sure you can learn a lot from a person if they tell the truth on the net.

Any way im sure it can happen.
aerphyn On October 31, 2007

UK, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 13:18:23
I dated a e-person for 1 hr 35 minutes once. She was too mentally unstable, so I rejected her advances, politely, but she had to rip off my left testicle with her bare hands. The indescribeable pain I endured that day made me swear a solemn oath to never e-date ever again.

NOT!

Quite frankly speaking, I don't see what's wrong with meeting people from the internet, but it is indeed very sad.
akamartin On October 23, 2008

parkes, Australia
#12New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 13:51:07
there isnt really anything wrong with meeting people on the net just be cautious, she could be a dude, or a conwoman, you never really know untill you meet them in person

charger On October 01, 2009

bricktown,
#13New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 14:46:04
@akamartin Said
there isnt really anything wrong with meeting people on the net just be
cautious, she could be a dude, or a conwoman, you never really know untill you meet them in
person

yea, could be a dude, posing as a woman... that has crossed my mind, sorry there isnt a face
on here that could totally descibe my feeling on this but here goes...

bout narrows it down
down
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#14New Post! Aug 26, 2007 @ 14:55:42
I don't know..I think it could be quite promising..
life is full of chances anyway, and you hear of people getting married (or not lol) and breaking up, and not all have met over the net..
Then you hear stories of some who have met through the net and are still together (for years) and happy
Because I always say..it's how you are 'treated' that matters, "greatly"..and the net offers an excellent opportunity to let someone get to know the 'real' you, and vice versa..that is, hopefully, if they are honest
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs