Society & Lifestyles

Have they gone yet?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 25, 2020 @ 09:06:25
A small group of Travellers (AKA "New Age Travellers", "Nomads", "Romanys", even "fellow human beings", as well as various more disparaging names) turned up and occupied a small part of the open land near where I live, just across from a small carpark. Whispers were heard in the corridors of our retirement complex...."Have the police been called? I think so......." A few faces were seen looking as if something sour had been drunk.

After five or six days they have now moved on, having caused no trouble at all (well, a rather small dog yapped a bit now and again..... )

Two large black bags full of assorted rubbish has been left for collection and the place they occupied was spotless. In contrast, on many days, in the little carpark nearby, often to be found is an assortment of McDonald's wrappers, drink cans and other take-away cartons strewn across the ground.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 25, 2020 @ 09:30:59
I hope I am not losing it! Getting sick of it whenever I unfortunately catch sight of some Government spokesperson on TV spewing forth the very latest on Covid, Brexit and encouraging the Churchillian spirit.

Michael Gove this morning, with a face only a mother could love, looking as usual, gormless. Waffling on as though he had something sensible to say. Global Britain and all the rest of it. The guy who spoke of the threat of 80 million Turks coming to the UK during the EU Referendum Campaign, who now "regrets" his tone and words.

Wrung out of him over the past few months......the admission that 50,000 more pen pushers have been employed to deal with Brexit paperwork at the borders (long term, not temporary) This the man who disparaged the bureaucrats of Brussels, who numbered just over 50,000 to deal with over half a billion people. Now he admits permits will be required by drivers entering Kent (gateway to Europe), to be enforced by camera's on the border of that county and the police. This is "taking back control of our borders" Brexit style.

It is madness. Sheer madness. Now the euphemism "Australian Style Deal" is being used instead of "No Deal". It means the same thing, it keeps the Leave voters happy, who all "knew what we were voting for."

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs