The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Have You Met this Person on the Threads?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 17:57:15
I'd put this in mental health, but thought it belonged here. We've all met the nit pickers, pot stirrers, etc. I'll bet you recognize this one, it's a form of inner anger that causes it. They do the following.
They join in just for the excitement or the anger.

They actually feel a sense of outrage and feel justified speaaking whether it's helpful or not.

They love to start arguments because they're bored and actually find it fun to feel superior and cause angst. They are the nit pickers, just because it makes them feel good.

An example of Excitatory Anger-

Maggie feels blue a lot, bored with her life. Once in awhile she gets bent out of shape and really blows up. "You know what," she'll say," I really feel alive when I get into a fight. That's the only time I feel excited."
Some people need or want strong feelings that come with anger. They like the intensity of the excitement even if they get into trouble.
They really can't just get over it, they're addicted to "the rush".It's like a drug and the sense of power it gives them makes them feel great. We've all done it at one time or another, when it's chronic, it's a problem!!! In the end, it causes more problems than it solves.

Don't shoot the message, you can find this info in any psychology book, I just wrote it up.
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#2New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:00:40
Or they just like standing up for their opinions
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:02:33
Are we talking about someone in particular?
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#4New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:03:34
how many excited debates do you have to partake in/start for it to be a chronic problem?
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#5New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:05:43
That's good info. I didn't realize there was actually a clinical name for it.

Very interesting though.

#6New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:08:01
I'm not talking about someone who sticks up for what they feel is right, that's normal. I'm talking about the person who picks one word out of a statement, and argues about it and not the entire statement. Why do you think it's about anyone in particular jonnythan, it says; you can find this in any psychology book?
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:09:17
now i know what to call my ex when he gets all high and mighty on me,it saves me punching him in the face x
Persuasive Madam!

#8New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:09:52
@readsalot Said

I'm not talking about someone who sticks up for what they feel is right, that's normal. I'm talking about the person who picks one word out of a statement, and argues about it and not the entire statement. Why do you think it's about anyone in particular jonnythan, it says; you can find this in any psychology book?

Maybe because you asked in the title if people had met this person on the threads

Almost as if it were directed at someone.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:13:13
@readsalot Said
Why do you think it's about anyone in particular jonnythan, it says; you can find this in any psychology book?

You said "this person" implying you're talking about someone in particular. I was wondering who that could be, because I don't really remember seeing any TFS regulars that get angry or try to find reasons to get angry.

#10New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:13:38
@misunderstood Said

Maybe because you asked in the title if people had met this person on the threads

Almost as if it were directed at someone.

Well I wasn't thinking about anyone in particular, the question was have YOU met this person, not have I.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#11New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:17:48
@readsalot Said

Well I wasn't thinking about anyone in particular, the question was have YOU met this person, not have I.

OK, well I don't think I have
Stigma On February 13, 2010
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#12New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:19:01
Man oh man, seems as if everything you say is misunderstood, huh Jazzy? Or whenever I'm on anyways.

Yes, I have met people like that on threads...
Persuasive Madam!

#13New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:20:29
I've not met anyone here like it - everyone is pretty easy going. If they pick up on things it's because of their opinion, not cuz they're trying to cause trouble.

If I find people stirring up trouble on purpose thats against TOS so they dissappear
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#14New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:22:47
@readsalot Said

I'd put this in mental health, but thought it belonged here. We've all met the nit pickers, pot stirrers, etc. I'll bet you recognize this one, it's a form of inner anger that causes it. They do the following.
They join in just for the excitement or the anger.

They actually feel a sense of outrage and feel justified speaaking whether it's helpful or not.

They love to start arguments because they're bored and actually find it fun to feel superior and cause angst. They are the nit pickers, just because it makes them feel good.

An example of Excitatory Anger-

Maggie feels blue a lot, bored with her life. Once in awhile she gets bent out of shape and really blows up. "You know what," she'll say," I really feel alive when I get into a fight. That's the only time I feel excited."
Some people need or want strong feelings that come with anger. They like the intensity of the excitement even if they get into trouble.
They really can't just get over it, they're addicted to "the rush".It's like a drug and the sense of power it gives them makes them feel great. We've all done it at one time or another, when it's chronic, it's a problem!!! In the end, it causes more problems than it solves.

Don't shoot the message, you can find this info in any psychology book, I just wrote it up.

Ah the games people play ,there is only one in my book that is worthwhile and it eventually leaves everybody smiling.

#15New Post! Mar 09, 2009 @ 18:23:50
The person I believe gave me a neg, kudo wasn't even on my mind when I wrote this thread. It was just a question.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs