Forums: Science:
Psychology

Happiness Test

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#1New Post! Jan 25, 2016 @ 15:53:51
Is your glass half-full or half-empty? On those days when nothing in your life seems to be going right, it can be really tough to see the silver lining among all those clouds. However, it's during these times when the ability to see the good in even the worst situations is so important. An optimistic attitude benefits not only your mental health, but your physical well-being as well. Take this test to see where you fall on the optimism/pessimism continuum.

Clicky here for Test

Here's mine:

Snapshot Report
Cynicism

According to your responses, you are generally the type of person who believes in the goodness of humankind. You give nearly everyone the benefit of the doubt (at least until proven wrong), and will often accept what people say and do at face value instead of making conjectures about their motives. You will at least try to find the good in even the most difficult of people, and are willing to place your faith in others. Unlike their more positive counterparts, pessimists have a lot of difficulty trusting others, believing that most, if not all people have hidden agendas. Tempered with that necessary dose of skepticism, your fairly trusting and accepting nature is refreshing, and likely provides you with a much more balanced and upbeat perspective overall.

#2New Post! Jan 25, 2016 @ 15:58:07
It states it takes 20 minutes but it took me 5 minutes tops.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#3New Post! Jan 25, 2016 @ 16:16:33
Cynic, 33.

I get on with my day, generally don't let things or other people keep me down for two long - but in the back of my head, everything and everyone is suspect.

#4New Post! Jan 25, 2016 @ 16:32:58
@DuLu Said

Cynic, 33.

I get on with my day, generally don't let things or other people keep me down for two long - but in the back of my head, everything and everyone is suspect.

I'll be interested to see if anyone is a true optimist. I always thought of myself as optimist but from reading through these results, i'm not sure it's a good thing.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Jan 25, 2016 @ 16:37:55
i have to admit this is pretty much me below.but i am learn at my old age, to change my perspective way of life. if you see others that others, they will to change as well.

Snapshot Report
Cynicism

According to your responses, your perspective of humankind is neither na?ve nor jaded. Instead of assuming the best or worst of someone, you wait before making a judgment. You prefer to have others earn your trust, and although you won't necessarily assume everyone has a hidden agenda, you're also not the type to accept everything people say or do at face value. Tempered with a hearty dose of skepticism, this is a relatively healthy perspective. You may however, benefit from being a little more trusting. Unlike their less positive counterparts, optimists will at least try to find the good in even the most difficult of people, and are much more willing to place their faith in others. Although this doesn't mean that you should trust the good intentions of everyone you meet, a leap of faith every once in a while couldn't hurt.

#6New Post! Jan 25, 2016 @ 16:40:53
Looks like we're all cynics at heart

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Jan 25, 2016 @ 16:44:48
@Hitting40 Said

i think that society makes us cynics. how we judge people that comes from our hearts, to see the goodness in people.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#8New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 03:51:17
You know what they say:
fool me (play me) once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

@Hitting40 Said

Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 04:12:08
Snapshot Report
Cynicism

According to your responses, you are generally the type of person who believes in the goodness of humankind. You give nearly everyone the benefit of the doubt (at least until proven wrong), and will often accept what people say and do at face value instead of making conjectures about their motives. You will at least try to find the good in even the most difficult of people, and are willing to place your faith in others. Unlike their more positive counterparts, pessimists have a lot of difficulty trusting others, believing that most, if not all people have hidden agendas. Tempered with that necessary dose of skepticism, your fairly trusting and accepting nature is refreshing, and likely provides you with a much more balanced and upbeat perspective overall.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 04:13:14
@Hitting40 Said

That's not how I read the results...it looks like the number given is your "cynicism score" out of 100...everyone except twilight is under 40% so far.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 04:22:16
Truth be told though, the title of the test is misleading...it's gauging cynicism rather than happiness. I think it's inaccurate to say that cynical people are necessarily unhappy and that trusting people aren't. I know a lot of people who are trusting of others and they're very unhappy.

As far as the glass is half empty or half full question, I always think of the glass as being too big. Make your glass smaller (learn to lower your need for more and reduce your expectations a little) and that half measure of liquid will fill it all the way. The sticky part of it is not to let lowered need inhibit self growth. If you're always satisfied enough with what you have, you're less likely to evolve. Maybe that's not a bad thing to some. It's a delicate line to walk...

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 04:51:37
they are questions on the quiz, i probably lied more about it.

some questions were to me, in between i was more little more honest than i should been or less honest.

then i judged the questions , i lied more to the questions, you can. but it would be me.

be on guard with people, you can't judge a book by cover. a less you open the book.

i think anybody on the forum has not burn by someone in their life. i am sure if that possible. in general, you give people the benefit of doubt. that is fair.

i be a little more honest than most the quiz, maybe of my past, give me a little narrow view of people. i think my score would higher.

it depend how trust has treat in your life, was good to or not. how you deal with people, and how people deal with you in your life.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#13New Post! Jan 27, 2016 @ 18:06:14
I got 20, so apparently I'm an optimist..

Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#14New Post! Feb 03, 2016 @ 01:23:36
Snapshot Report
Cynicism

According to your responses, your perspective of humankind is neither na?ve nor jaded. Instead of assuming the best or worst of someone, you wait before making a judgment. You prefer to have others earn your trust, and although you won't necessarily assume everyone has a hidden agenda, you're also not the type to accept everything people say or do at face value. Tempered with a hearty dose of skepticism, this is a relatively healthy perspective. You may however, benefit from being a little more trusting. Unlike their less positive counterparts, optimists will at least try to find the good in even the most difficult of people, and are much more willing to place their faith in others. Although this doesn't mean that you should trust the good intentions of everyone you meet, a leap of faith every once in a while couldn't hurt.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs