Rants & Raves

H8 txt spk?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
greyguitar On July 28, 2010

#1New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 21:37:56
Hate txt speak? b**** about it here!

I personally don't use it, but if you hate it come here and b**** about it, just not on threads where people are asking for help. People who have something to say about the problem get swept aside for all the moaning.

Soooo fire away about it here!
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 21:39:08
I f***ing hate it...

#3New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 21:39:44
@x_laura_x Said
I f***ing hate it...

gideon1451 On July 20, 2020

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 21:42:08
i cn do txt speak whn i cn b bthrd :D

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 21:42:38
@gideon1451 Said
i cn do txt speak whn i cn b bthrd :D

*Brain explodes*
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#6New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 21:43:16
Hate it. I can understand it, but find it incredibly annoying. And though I have made a statement here, I'll still tell people using it to cut it out. We can't enable these text speakers/typers!

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 21:44:42
I just hate to look at a sentance and have to add in the vowels!!! Seriously I think serial text typers should be locked in a room with nothing but Mavis Beacon for a year
angel21 On May 22, 2009

Co. Durham, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 21:45:15
i hate it in a forum but i will use it when sending a txt so i can send it in 1 instead of it using 2 but i dont write that bad.
u=you
2=too or to
n= and
txt=text

I think thats all i do actually but i cant stand it when it's unreadable my sister in law sent me this this morn

Hia hun me mams canceled al of a lessons n she asked me 2 tel u n a totaly 4got wiv goin 2 tha hospital n fings so sory hun 2 tel ya 5mins b4 leson x

I thought what on earth, i understand it but it takes longer to read and i hate it anyways rant over lol
gideon1451 On July 20, 2020

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 21:47:16
@x_laura_x Said
*Brain explodes*

I only use text speak in texts now, I used to use it on forums and MSN but people just don't take you seriously
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#10New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 22:05:29
I'd never use text-speak by preference. I can understand how folks may want to shorten the time it takes to compose a text message when they are fighting with their own failing eye-sight, fingers that are larger than the tiny key-pad areas on their phone, and the 'inability' to recall how to spell correctly, in the first place.
However,....
When I read this same abbreviated mumbo-jumbo, especially when it mimics certain speech-patterns that are so prevailent in the ghettos, it fills me first with pity, that the author seems incapable of properly expressing him- or herself. But, then, it leaves me with the impression that that individual has had either a poor or non-existent education,... I then wind up asking myself if I'm going to interact with the individual in some sort of prejudicial manner, and even, "How old is this idiot, really?"
These questions and feelings interfere with any possible positive interaction. So, rather than put yourself at a disadvantage, why not just use the qwerty-keyboard, and type complete words and sentences? Unless your desire is to be perceived as a likely dolt.....
angel21 On May 22, 2009

Co. Durham, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 22:07:39
@saegespaene Said
I'd never use text-speak by preference. I can understand how folks may want to shorten the time it takes to compose a text message when they are fighting with their own failing eye-sight, fingers that are larger than the tiny key-pad areas on their phone, and the 'inability' to recall how to spell correctly, in the first place.
However,....
When I read this same abbreviated mumbo-jumbo, especially when it mimics certain speech-patterns that are so prevelent in the ghettos, it fills me first with pity, that the author seems incapable of properly expressing him- or herself. But, then, it leaves me with the impression that that individual has had either a poor or non-existent education,... I then wind up asking myself if I'm going to interact with the individual in some sort of prejudicial manner, and even, "How old is this idiot, really?"
These questions and feelings interfere with any possible positive interaction. So, rather than put yourself at a disadvantage, why not just use the qwerty-keyboard, and type complete words and sentences? Unless your desire is to be perceived as a likely dolt.....

Well said

#12New Post! Feb 21, 2008 @ 22:08:10
@saegespaene Said
However,....
When I read this same abbreviated mumbo-jumbo, especially when it mimics certain speech-patterns that are so prevelent in the ghettos, it fills me first with pity, that the author seems incapable of properly expressing him- or herself. But, then, it leaves me with the impression that that individual has had either a poor or non-existent education,... I then wind up asking myself if I'm going to interact with the individual in some sort of prejudicial manner, and even, "How old is this idiot, really?"

That's right, get it all out, hon. We're here for you. We feel your pain
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#13New Post! Feb 22, 2008 @ 07:01:49
WEll i don't understand most of it so if a friend text me using that, i text back and ask them to speak english
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#14New Post! Feb 22, 2008 @ 07:38:35
I hate it. I have a thing for perfect spelling and grammar
its sexy hahaha
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Feb 22, 2008 @ 10:12:11
I hate it, it bloody takes me ages to read what it all means
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>