The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Guys: what does a wedding anniversary mean to you?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#1New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:13:30
How significant are wedding anniversaries to you?

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary, and my husband seems to think it's no big deal. To me it's a day to celebrate the day you got married, and to me if you don't care, it's like your marriage isn't important to you or something. Am I overreacting? >y husband thinks I am. I said it would be like if you forgot someone's birthday, it make them feel like you don't care about them, to me an anniversary is like a wedding's birthday, and it seems like he doesn't care. I'm not asking for fireworks, just show that he cares, that he's happy we got married...something...am I wrong?
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#2New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:18:27
My hubby always remembers and does something special. So no I dont think you are wrong
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:20:29
I don't think so bt then again I'm the one that's most likely to forget
semi_precious_stone On June 23, 2019

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:21:54
I'm not married, but my thoughts - my boyfriend has never once remembered our anniversary! I don't think he even knows roughly how long we have been going out!

It never used to bother me - but as the years have moved on it has started to bother me more!
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:22:10
wow it means that you have managed to survive for another year without killing each other.

seriously, it means a lot to us. another year spent together and the rest of our lives to go
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#6New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:32:02
It depends on the person. I'm the type who would accept a Happy Anniversary from my husband *if I were married* and call it good.

So, if that's all you want really, then no, your not wrong at all, but if you want him to go all out, then yes you are, but you said it's not like you want fireworks.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#7New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:42:29
I always go,"Oh, I forgot today's our anniversary". I remember because I'm greeted with flowers and theater tickets. My marriage means to world to me, the anniversary, not so much; thirty years, that's a big deal. I made a big deal at 10 and 25. A bouquet of flowers from grocery store isn't too much to ask for, ask. When I want something I'm very nice, but I get very quiet, freaks him out.
BeTTyBeLL On November 28, 2010
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#8New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:48:56
Why has not ONE guy tried to answer this for us?

I mean you would think at least one would, if anything for us single gals, you know maybe if we understood,we wouldn't be so hurt and upset when it happened.
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#9New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:51:54
I was wondering the same thing
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#10New Post! Mar 12, 2009 @ 23:54:00
Yes, I just want to understand guy's perspective on this. I mean even I forgot today until this afternoon, and so I reminded him, and he sort of laughed and said, "oh yeah," and that was it. It's not like I was even makin a big thing of it, I forgot it myself, but it would be nice if he showed some sort of sentiment about it at all.
kate_spencer On May 11, 2009

#11New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 19:23:34
the guys of TFS are sleeping.. or rather not interested in the topic.
I want to hear their side too.. cause for me celebrating anniversary married or not is important.
Wayne8559 On March 14, 2016
?ber Two Hat

Plymouth, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 20:37:00
I'll let you know once i'm if i am ever married 8)

Personally though me and my ex always made a big deal of it each year it came along her gift was always better than the gift i gave her though which made me feel a little guilty

The fact i say ex does make me wonder if i should bother next time though aye
kate_spencer On May 11, 2009

#13New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 21:35:53
^^ well at least you got a gift for her..
for me, as long as it was remembered and took even a little effort to make me happy on that day.. then that counts.
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#14New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 21:45:33
it is easy for me to remember, because we got married on Halloween.

but it is an important day, and i would agree that at least a card is needed
04EXCURSION On September 29, 2009

long beach, California
#15New Post! Mar 13, 2009 @ 21:51:16
@Lili Said

How significant are wedding anniversaries to you?

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary, and my husband seems to think it's no big deal. To me it's a day to celebrate the day you got married, and to me if you don't care, it's like your marriage isn't important to you or something. Am I overreacting? >y husband thinks I am. I said it would be like if you forgot someone's birthday, it make them feel like you don't care about them, to me an anniversary is like a wedding's birthday, and it seems like he doesn't care. I'm not asking for fireworks, just show that he cares, that he's happy we got married...something...am I wrong?

why do you women take it so personally?

maybe we don't take it the way women want us to, because were men. It's the difference between us, I always forget birthdays, even my own.

It's not that we don't care, well some might not care, but I think for guys they are pre occupied with other things (financial, taking care, and supporting the family) that makes celebrating an anniversary kind of small in the grand scheme of things, it shouldn't take a special event or anything on your anniversary to remind you that your loved, if he's still with you he obviously loves you, what more do you want?

another question, why is it up to the man to celebrate the anniversary? if you women care about it so much why aren't you the ones buying the guy the flowers and taking him to the movies (granted some women do)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs