Growing up so fast

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:06:03
I'm feeling like my mother just writing this topic. I've noticed that kids look so much older these days. Maybe it's the attitude, more self confidence and self-awareness than we used to have, or maybe it's just make-up and clothes. I really don't know.

How do teenagers feel today? Do you feel that you are an adult already? Do you feel you have the answers? How do you think you'll feel about it when you look back in 10 years time?

I remember as a teenager feeling like I was grown up and adult, and only realising later when looking back how childish I actually still was.

Please note that I don't want this thread to turn into adults bashing teenagers. It's somewhat ironic to hear an adult wailing on a teenager about how they are not mature....
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:09:19
Au contrare!

I think teens are actually more mature, in general. Obviously you got the one or two. But a lot of them are actually quite considerate on an adult level. Something i took much longer to learn.

Yes Doug, i think throughout life we look back and think "oh my god, i was so niave yet i thought i knew it all" I think that about my 20's and im sure i will about my 30's too.

Wait an see
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:13:13
hellll noooooo i dont know s*** bout the real world, i have no answers right now i dont care cause im still a kid! ill worry bout it later when i look back in ten years time ill ask my self how i survived such vigorous loving with myself!

Deleted

#4New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:16:20
@stew Said
hellll noooooo i dont know s*** bout the real world, i have no answers right now i dont care cause im still a kid! ill worry bout it later when i look back in ten years time ill ask my self how i survived such vigorous loving with myself!

I don't want to sound sexist, but in my personal experience, it's generally girls who are in a hurry to grow up. I often wonder if we men ever really grow up, we just get more expensive toys....
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:17:06
@stumblinthrulife Said
I don't want to sound sexist, but in my personal experience, it's generally girls who are in a hurry to grow up. I often wonder if we men ever really grow up, we just get more expensive toys....

Nah we play being grown up, we still like our pigtails pulled
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:18:19
I know everything and am infinitely a god.

I reckon im quite mature, but quite immature at the same time. I mean i know i got alot to learn, but i reckon i've learned alot anyway, now i just need to get out into the real world and descover what life's really about.
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:21:33
@stumblinthrulife Said

i wanna agree with ya and ure right just in my experience people here think girls are more mture because they bloom much faster, oyou look grown up u get treated like a grown up but me and pete noticed in alot of classes in highschool immature wee lassies were let off with s*** because of this!

Deleted

#8New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:24:02
@stew Said
@stumblinthrulife Said

i wanna agree with ya and ure right just in my experience people here think girls are more mture because they bloom much faster, oyou look grown up u get treated like a grown up but me and pete noticed in alot of classes in highschool immature wee lassies were let off with s*** because of this!

Keep in mind I said "in a hurry to grow up" rather than "grow up faster". In my opinion girls typically just look older and try harder to be older. Guys just tend to be more laid back about it, I guess, even once we are older. Maybe it's something to do with such a long period of male dominance. We are complacent, and feel that the effort is unnecessary. Whereas a woman still needs to work harder to be treated the same.
stew On August 05, 2012

Falkirk, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:28:34
@stumblinthrulife Said
@stew Said
@stumblinthrulife Said

Keep in mind I said "in a hurry to grow up" rather than "grow up faster". In my opinion girls typically just look older and try harder to be older. Guys just tend to be more laid back about it, I guess, even once we are older. Maybe it's something to do with such a long period of male dominance. We are complacent, and feel that the effort is unnecessary. Whereas a woman still needs to work harder to be treated the same.

ohh sorry mate i misread but yea i totally agree with that, girls are in a hurry to grow up, why do u think they got that whole tweens crap for 8-12's! seriously i tell everyone this because it sickens me! its like teenage stuff for kids so they get like miniskirts and makeup! u know the other day i went to pick up my wee nephew from school and i swear this lil girl couldnt be more than 6-7 was walkin around with a handbag, with a compact out puttin on lipstick! i remember when i was a kid the girls would be runnin away from my man cooties!
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#10New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:29:19
I look back now on my younger years and realize how dumb I really was when I thought I was so smart and knew everything. It's scary because my younger brothers are getting to the the age I still think I am.. 17 and 18.. lol and it's so funny seeing them grow up.. getting taller and voices getting deeper.. god they make me feel old. Yes I agree many kids are in a hurry to grow up..I know I was and now I want to slow the train down..lol
x_chanelle_x On December 09, 2009

Deleted

Untitled!, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:30:51
I can be mature most of the time, but then again really immature for example the other day at a party i had a cheese fight, kinda gross really as a lot of that fake plasticky cheese got stuck in my hair.
I guess teenagers so appear to be more 'mature' or maybe it isnt that, for i know at my school (which is an all girls) kida in year 7 are wearing cake loads of makeup.. which i never did until year 9 probably, even then it wasnt much.
Perhaps it is make up, or just today's society where kids appear older than they seem, and make up and clothes help to show this. Im unsure to be honest, but id definatly say kids do looks so much older!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#12New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:33:05
there probably is a difference in general, about girls wanting to be mature, and boys not caring. there are of course exceptions. I can be mature, a can be immature. just depends really. Though as long as im having fun, and not making other peoples lives unfun, then i dont really care how mature/immature i am.

Deleted

#13New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:34:55
Even now I live my life by the following mantra -

"Be as mature as you have to be in any given situation, and as immature as you want in all others!"

Jill will tell you that as professional and mature as I am when I need to be, I'm a really big kid most of the rest of the time!
x_chanelle_x On December 09, 2009

Deleted

Untitled!, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:35:41
Being a child at heart though is good otherwise i'd guess you'd just be boring
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#15New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:37:31
@x_chanelle_x Said
Being a child at heart though is good otherwise i'd guess you'd just be boring

yeah. i have noticed at school and the like the ones trying to be mature seem to have alot less fun than the rest of us.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs