Green Lantern Reboot?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Jun 09, 2012 @ 04:50:59
While reading a few thing on IGN, I seen one article they had on here. It was saying that since the Justice League movie is back on track and they are actually going to do a Wonder Woman movie, they are considering to reboot Green Lantern too. I guess they thought it wasn't that good and Ryan Reynolds didn't do good as Hal Jordan. They might try the John Stewart Green Lantern instead. I think he was a good one. I enjoyed the Green Lantern movie. Your thoughts? Oh yeah, they might think about rebooting the Batman movies after The Dark Knight Rises comes out. Terrible idea.
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#2New Post! Jun 10, 2012 @ 17:19:39
@Cpat92 Said

While reading a few thing on IGN, I seen one article they had on here. It was saying that since the Justice League movie is back on track and they are actually going to do a Wonder Woman movie, they are considering to reboot Green Lantern too. I guess they thought it wasn't that good and Ryan Reynolds didn't do good as Hal Jordan. They might try the John Stewart Green Lantern instead. I think he was a good one. I enjoyed the Green Lantern movie. Your thoughts? Oh yeah, they might think about rebooting the Batman movies after The Dark Knight Rises comes out. Terrible idea.

i think they do reboot comic based movies every 10 years which to me is great as i love these type, however redoing the Green Lantern so soon after the one just recently done with hunky Ryan Reynolds does seem ridiculous. It was certainly a very good movie and as you, i enjoyed it as well and thought Ryan did a great job of it.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 04:12:15
pat- i remember john stewart, i like him much better guy garder ( the second green lantern ) but hal jordan beter as green lantern, i couldn't stand him, he had a big ego, wasn't that a great superhero. dc launched dc black superheroes from 1971 -1977; here is dc list of first black superheroes.

black racer - 1971
john stewart -1971
tyroc - 1976
black lightning -1977

now look at marvel black superheroes - from 1963-1979

gabriel " gabe " jones ( sgt.( nick ) fury and his howling commandos )-1963
black panther - 1966
black goliath - 1966
the falcon - 1969
luke cage - 1972
blade - 1973
brother voodoo -1973
deathlok - 1974
storm - 1975
war machine - 1979

i think interest to the fact how dc so narrow mind or even stereotype ( maybe even prejudice ) back then they were. when i was a kid and a teenager reading comic books. dc hardly had stories about had to with politics. pat - interest thing when john stewart appeared green lantern/green arrow comic book series. the series only thing that dc would talking about vietnam, 70's roits, and drugs, that no other dc comic books series would have stupid plots in them. something that you don't have think about or care. with marvel in 60's, they were have fun and some stories were bad, they were starting to get a reputation. marvel found that their superheroes were kid's role models, mine were at the time: spider-man, daredevil, reed richard, iron man, and captain america. marvel shown positive black superheroes that didn't if you are white, black, and other races, you are a kid, you had a role model to look to. in 70's, not one of marvel comic book's stories between lines that deal with everyday problems. one of the reason, marvel always is better than dc. marvel deals with adult themes ( not sex ) as well kids can enjoy in reading funny characters as well. pat - sorry that i went for off topic like this. i am disappoint in dc, when i as looking for information above, that were like that back then. i would like to said that dc was prejudice back then, but no fair to dc or even marvel if they were like that back then. i don't have any proof, they were trying to sell comic books that all! i thought it was interest to bring the subject up, that's all!
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 18:12:08
@Elza Said

i think they do reboot comic based movies every 10 years which to me is great as i love these type, however redoing the Green Lantern so soon after the one just recently done with hunky Ryan Reynolds does seem ridiculous. It was certainly a very good movie and as you, i enjoyed it as well and thought Ryan did a great job of it.

If they redo it, it probably won't be as good.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#5New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 18:30:30
I hate when people make remakes of movies that were recently made.

Granted, sometimes the second one is better (ex: Ang Lee's Hulk vs Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk 5 years later) but dang.
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#6New Post! Jun 11, 2012 @ 18:58:43
@Cpat92 Said

If they redo it, it probably won't be as good.

if history proves you are correct. they never seem to get it right, or very rarely do unless they do like what has been done with the current batman movies.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 04:57:35
@twilitezone911 Said

pat- i remember john stewart, i like him much better guy garder ( the second green lantern ) but hal jordan beter as green lantern, i couldn't stand him, he had a big ego, wasn't that a great superhero. dc launched dc black superheroes from 1971 -1977; here is dc list of first black superheroes.

black racer - 1971
john stewart -1971
tyroc - 1976
black lightning -1977

now look at marvel black superheroes - from 1963-1979

gabriel " gabe " jones ( sgt.( nick ) fury and his howling commandos )-1963
black panther - 1966
black goliath - 1966
the falcon - 1969
luke cage - 1972
blade - 1973
brother voodoo -1973
deathlok - 1974
storm - 1975
war machine - 1979

i think interest to the fact how dc so narrow mind or even stereotype ( maybe even prejudice ) back then they were. when i was a kid and a teenager reading comic books. dc hardly had stories about had to with politics. pat - interest thing when john stewart appeared green lantern/green arrow comic book series. the series only thing that dc would talking about vietnam, 70's roits, and drugs, that no other dc comic books series would have stupid plots in them. something that you don't have think about or care. with marvel in 60's, they were have fun and some stories were bad, they were starting to get a reputation. marvel found that their superheroes were kid's role models, mine were at the time: spider-man, daredevil, reed richard, iron man, and captain america. marvel shown positive black superheroes that didn't if you are white, black, and other races, you are a kid, you had a role model to look to. in 70's, not one of marvel comic book's stories between lines that deal with everyday problems. one of the reason, marvel always is better than dc. marvel deals with adult themes ( not sex ) as well kids can enjoy in reading funny characters as well. pat - sorry that i went for off topic like this. i am disappoint in dc, when i as looking for information above, that were like that back then. i would like to said that dc was prejudice back then, but no fair to dc or even marvel if they were like that back then. i don't have any proof, they were trying to sell comic books that all! i thought it was interest to bring the subject up, that's all!

That is really interesting. I found a link pointing out all of the green lanterns. A bit weird, there is one before Hal Jordan, but they are stating Hal is the first human Green Lantern.

Green Lantern DC Comics Database
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 05:00:11
@Elza Said

if history proves you are correct. they never seem to get it right, or very rarely do unless they do like what has been done with the current batman movies.

Those are great movies. I think a huge challenge would be is if they would try to bring Joker back into the movies. So far I doubt anyone now could match Heath Ledger's Joker performance. He was ultimately amazing. Joker became my favorite villain when I saw the movie.

My friends and I were talking saying that maybe they should branch off and make a movie based off of Joker. Mainly based off the comic "The Killing Joke," so people can learn about his past.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 09:36:37
pat - that link you mentioned might be true in said hal was the first human being in the corp. i think the alien ( i forget his name ) gave hal the ring because he was dying. the alien asked or wish the ring to go out to find the next new green lantern. because that the guardians usually pick the green lantern in the sector, not the ring.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 10:22:55
@Cpat92 Said

i thought green lantern was a good movie .... and i liked ryan reynolds ... i especially liked the scientist who mutated into a deliciously evil character .... it might have been improved slightly ... i would have liked his relationship with the pretty pilot to have been a little more tense and spikey ... and please ... i hope they make scarlet johanson their wonder woman .

london, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 10:24:45
@Cpat92 Said

Those are great movies. I think a huge challenge would be is if they would try to bring Joker back into the movies. So far I doubt anyone now could match Heath Ledger's Joker performance. He was ultimately amazing. Joker became my favorite villain when I saw the movie.

My friends and I were talking saying that maybe they should branch off and make a movie based off of Joker. Mainly based off the comic "The Killing Joke," so people can learn about his past.

yeah i think there's scope to make a decent movie about the jokers criminal life before he had the bad makeover
Not a dude.

Deleted

#12New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 14:55:38
@offbeat Said

i thought green lantern was a good movie .... and i liked ryan reynolds ... i especially liked the scientist who mutated into a deliciously evil character .... it might have been improved slightly ... i would have liked his relationship with the pretty pilot to have been a little more tense and spikey ... and please ... i hope they make scarlet johanson their wonder woman .

Scarlet Johansson is already Black Widow (Avengers) so umm...no.
They've picked Adrienne Palicki to be Wonder Woman.

Edit: This is for a possible series, not a movie...sorry. I'll leave the picture though.

I'm not sure I like it.
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#13New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 17:02:36
@Cpat92 Said

oooh now that would be a great idea! I would certainly like to learn his past, and yes, Heath Ledger owned that part.

london, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 20:50:56
@someone_else Said

Scarlet Johansson is already Black Widow (Avengers) so umm...no.
They've picked Adrienne Palicki to be Wonder Woman.

Edit: This is for a possible series, not a movie...sorry. I'll leave the picture though.

I'm not sure I like it.

who cares if youlike it ...i absolutely love it ... scarlet who ?
Not a dude.

Deleted

#15New Post! Jun 12, 2012 @ 21:03:10
@offbeat Said

who cares if youlike it ...i absolutely love it ... scarlet who ?

Umm...Scarlet Johansson...the person you wanted to see play Wonder Woman...

Or was that a "forget about Scarlet, Adrienne's got her beat?"

Oh, and if you like it, you clearly don't know much about Wonder Woman.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs