Politics

Grammar Nazis!!!!!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 12:48:18
Ever think that people are typing at you with mis-spellings and poor grammar INTENTIONALLY to try and teach YOU empathy?

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 12:48:50
Where'd teh "General" forum go?
Sifr On February 13, 2015

, India
#3New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 14:10:55
English is a second language for me and I have a lot of difficulty e.g.
I don't know the difference between 'shall' and 'will'. When do I say 'I will' and when 'I shall'
I don't know when to use 'which' and 'that' e.g. 'There's a choice which will help you' or 'there's a choice that will help you'. I have so many other problems...
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 14:43:44
i have the greatest grammar on this forum, just because i think that. members get use to it, even being jealous of it. so, it is ok that your grammar is not as great as mine, but i still like you. most people who try be blunt with you, you have lousy grammar, don't have tact about it. if you don't like someone's grammar, e-mail not post it. it is proper thing to do. i don't go out of my way, be rude, i don't post anything about your grammar. so, i don't have the greatest grammar in the world, but you have no right to cut me down from other members or staff. little kids don't know better, you do. what are you prove you are better than them or you are annoy by them, because their not up to your standards. if you don't like their grammar, don't read their post or topic. move on. don't be a** about it. i don't really care about my grammar, because the most interest member on the forum, i am legend in my mind.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 19:21:34
Sometimes it makes for funny reading though!!!!

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 20:27:48
@Sifr Said

I don't know the difference between 'shall' and 'will'. When do I say 'I will' and when 'I shall'
I don't know when to use 'which' and 'that' e.g. 'There's a choice which will help you' or 'there's a choice that will help you'. I have so many other problems...

Have you ever been frustrated that you've made great effort to learn a second language yet most English speakers will not make the effort to refrain from stopping you for poor semantics and typos?

Ultimately, what I have found, is that Grammar-Correcting is a simple man's way of derailing an argument they are not intellectual capable of challenging honestly.

"I'm sorry, Isaac but I have a masters degree from a very costly college while you laid around all day under a bloody apple tree!"

, New Zealand
#7New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 20:30:42
@twilitezone911 Said

i have the greatest grammar on this forum, just because i think that. members get use to it, even being jealous of it. so, it is ok that your grammar is not as great as mine, but i still like you. most people who try be blunt with you, you have lousy grammar, don't have tact about it. if you don't like someone's grammar, e-mail not post it. it is proper thing to do. i don't go out of my way, be rude, i don't post anything about your grammar. so, i don't have the greatest grammar in the world, but you have no right to cut me down from other members or staff. little kids don't know better, you do. what are you prove you are better than them or you are annoy by them, because their not up to your standards. if you don't like their grammar, don't read their post or topic. move on. don't be a** about it. i don't really care about my grammar, because the most interest member on the forum, i am legend in my mind.

I recon that if you took your time you could write like Tariki but are probably 'normal' and are too busy offline getting laid and attending parties to sit here editing, re-editing and editing some more so that you come off to everyone like Hemingway.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#8New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 20:54:38
Few folks type in a hurry...sometimes I mistype.
I usually proof read before clicking the "Post" tab...I also have spell-check and it helps.
There are some of us that will intentionally sabotage the English language...but as long as the point is made and we can decipher what they are saying,it can be ignored with tried patience.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 21:09:38
@PTF Said

Few folks type in a hurry...sometimes I mistype.
I usually proof read before clicking the "Post" tab...I also have spell-check and it helps.
There are some of us that will intentionally sabotage the English language...but as long as the point is made and we can decipher what they are saying,it can be ignored with tried patience.

As 'Trolling' was to antagonize mob-mentality

1337 (Leet) was to piss off Grammar Nazis.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 21:25:10
@Sifr Said

Plenty of Americans (aka English first) don't know the difference either. And if you think you know the "rule" to apply, it will surely be the occasion of the Exception! haha

...Typing is one thing...Getting a tattoo with bad grammar is another
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 21:33:37
@Electric_Banana Said

Ever think that people are typing at you with mis-spellings and poor grammar INTENTIONALLY to try and teach YOU empathy?

If it's a one-to-one correspondence ... could be

If it's a general post ... I see it as a waste of time, as it will go over the heads of most readers.

I don't have empathy for people with bad grammar. I look at where they're from and judge from there
chaski On about 19 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#12New Post! Jan 10, 2015 @ 21:35:11
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Jan 11, 2015 @ 01:45:21
I recon that if you took your time you could write like Tariki but are probably 'normal' and are too busy offline getting laid and attending parties to sit here editing, re-editing and editing some more so that you come off to everyone like Hemingway.

eb- i thought you were attacking people with bad grammar, then i misread it. we should be more consist to people with bad grammar. eb- i wasn't accusing you of anything. i was talking about members who were mean of telling me that i have bad grammar. but i wasn't going to embarrassing myself, and tell them off on the forum. i made sure that i wrote some sort of comment that they would never bring the subject. they haven't brother me again. eb- you are not fair to me, i was joking through the post, didn't you see these icons. eb- i have learning disibilities that why i have bad grammar, and i am doing my best i can. eb- i think you are outline with the crap above.

, New Zealand
#14New Post! Jan 11, 2015 @ 22:57:43
@mrmhead Said

If it's a one-to-one correspondence ... could be

If it's a general post ... I see it as a waste of time, as it will go over the heads of most readers.

It wouldn't be a waste of time for those studying people however.
Most of what I've seen on social sites have been varying types of Rorschach.

@mrmhead Said

I don't have empathy for people with bad grammar. I look at where they're from and judge from there

I look at who their people put into power and make observation that is how the majority living there think.

And yeah, I'm kinda kicking around a pretty backwards country right now.

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Jan 11, 2015 @ 23:01:36
@twilitezone911 Said

eb- i thought you were attacking people with bad grammar, then i misread it. we should be more consist to people with bad grammar. eb- i wasn't accusing you of anything. i was talking about members who were mean of telling me that i have bad grammar. but i wasn't going to embarrassing myself, and tell them off on the forum. i made sure that i wrote some sort of comment that they would never bring the subject. they haven't brother me again. eb- you are not fair to me, i was joking through the post, didn't you see these icons. eb- i have learning disibilities that why i have bad grammar, and i am doing my best i can. eb- i think you are outline with the crap above.

No problem. I understood what you were saying. My response was in agreement.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs