Graduation Annoucements

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#1New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 03:27:42
I really want to have graduation announcements printed.
However, I don't really want it to come off all gift grabby, because mostly I just want something cool printed.

I also will not be attending the ceremony, so it really isn't an invitation. I just want to say look what I finally finished, I'm a real librarian now. You don't have to treat me like the feral cat slinking around the library.*

So... What do you all think, If you got one how would you react. Does the relationship matter?

*though feral cats around libraries do get treated well.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 03:48:56
congratulations!

i am glad you are a real librarian now. compare those phony librarians that said " shut your library card or, i'll stamp your lips! "

you are saying should sent out invitations to a ceremony , you won't be there?

no, are you have a party at your house for celebration, had they had your cookies before?

i am a little confuse, what you wrote on your post.
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#3New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 03:55:05
I am kind of worried about feral cats in a library...???

Congrats!

If you're known to your colleagues to be as funny as you're known here, I would go with something like your post!

"Look who's for real now! No more treating me like..." Or something as such.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 04:04:40
i am sorry, i was confuse your creative activity below the question, you ask.

i was a little confuse by this.

I also will not be attending the ceremony, so it really isn't an invitation. I just want to say look what I finally finished, I'm a real librarian now. You don't have to treat me like the feral cat slinking around the library.*

are you worry about how your fiends and family would react to graduation annoucements.

if you didn't tell them that they would be hurt. i guess it would be ok to send them e-mail to tell them.

you really go out of your way, print something tell the world, you are a really live librarian.

i would be proud for you sent me an annoucement tell your news. you were thinking of me. that's really important.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#5New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 04:55:38
I am attending an online program, so it is based out of state.
There is a "virtual ceremony" that will have graduation speakers and a video/slide show of all the graduates. (We are all over the world!) It is just a link people can watch on their computers.

The hooding (graduation) ceremony is where the school is, and I am just not able to travel there that week.

I may go out to dinner or something with my parents, but I wasn't planning on party at my house.

So it really would just be announcing that I have a MLIS, and it would go to a several co-workers and others. Which I want the acknowledgement I am done but I don't want them to feel obligated to get me a gift.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#6New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 05:01:09
@JorieJukebox Said

I am kind of worried about feral cats in a library...???

Congrats!

If you're known to your colleagues to be as funny as you're known here, I would go with something like your post!

"Look who's for real now! No more treating me like..." Or something as such.

Librarians love cats, and cats know it, they find libraries as easy pickings for suckers that will by them food.

NOT my library, but a common enough issue around a lot of libraries. https://www.themiamihurricane.com/2015/09/16/library-technician-calls-for-feral-cat-adoption/
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#7New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 13:29:17
Do it.

Oh... and go for the gifts too. As you get older, the gifts get fewer, so my advice is to grab as many as you can while they're available.
Hitting40 On November 20, 2016

The middle of nowhere, United
#8New Post! Apr 13, 2016 @ 13:48:00
Congratulations
Sod worrying about the whole gift thing if they send any they do, if they don't they don't. It's their choice.
Just enjoy some appreciation for your efforts.
You deserve it.
You've worked hard for the achievement.
I know from some of your posts, how hard you've found it at times, with everything else.
Shout it from the roof tops !!
Well not literally you might get arrested
But i think you get what i mean.
Well done discord
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs