Good Will Hunting

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#16New Post! Apr 30, 2018 @ 19:04:11
"It's not your fault..." ~ Robin Williams, to Matt Damon after Stuck on You tanked at the box office.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#17New Post! Apr 30, 2018 @ 20:23:00
@psycoskunk Said

"It's not your fault..." ~ Robin Williams, to Matt Damon after Stuck on You tanked at the box office.

So that’s why he cried in the movie.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Apr 30, 2018 @ 20:31:42
I remember see " stuck on you' with my friend at the theater. I actually like the movie, someways, really bad. when a movie can make me laugh at loud more than three times, it is funny. either, the movie wasn't that bad,

or, I have bad taste in movies.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#19New Post! Apr 30, 2018 @ 20:59:15
@offbeat Said

yeah, the people that hired him need to be fired for not protecting their fee payers from a guy who encourages students to 'think outside the box!' they pay good money for their kids to be successful inside the box.

I had a teacher once who expected her students to think. The memorizers, (i.e., intellectual bulimics) who did nothing more than regurgitate the data that they had been fed, were baffled.

Pay your tuition, buy the book, come to class, and on top of all of that you are expected to think. What next?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#20New Post! Apr 30, 2018 @ 21:07:18
@Erimitus Said

I had a teacher once who expected her students to think. The memorizers, (i.e., intellectual bulimics) who did nothing more than regurgitate the data that they had been fed, were baffled.

Pay your tuition, buy the book, come to class, and on top of all of that you are expected to think. What next?

Anyway, I am currently watching a Chinese movie with English subtitles. It is about the Korean war from the Chinese point of view. The Chinese solders characters in the movie are developed and they are shown to be good people and as a viewer I stated to empathize. When the Americans attacked I found myself hoping the Chinese would win. Splan me dat. The North Koreans that a certain president I could mention threatens annihilation are regular people trying to live their lives.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#21New Post! May 03, 2018 @ 10:26:25
@twilitezone911 Said

this secret society or other like it are know have students , who become lawyers, judges, and high rank officers in the future.

only, two movies that cross my mind are " the star chamber " that dealt with judges take law in their hands like judge, jury, and an executioner. and other others, was " the skulls " less known tw movies.

the movie is about ( I think was Harvard) this secret society doesn't let anyone in the society leave, even if they graduated. they actually will kill to keel this society from the public. this movie was ok in 2000. William Patterson ( before ( cis ) and craig t. nelson (before coach. )

these movies and " the enforcer " remind of the oppsitive effect of dead man's society.

if a teacher or college professor get through to them, the parents aren't get cheap by the college. their children are learning " independently " . it is a good thing, not a bad thing! [/QUOT

i'm sure there must have been cases where a parent has pulled a kid from school because a certain lecturer has been spouting some new age nonsense and distracting the students from the important task of getting good grades in mainstream subjects. I could imagine myself charging into William's class and yelling 'what the f**k do you think you're playing at you utter buffoon!'

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! May 03, 2018 @ 14:00:04
@offbeat Said

@twilitezone911 Said

this secret society or other like it are know have students , who become lawyers, judges, and high rank officers in the future.

only, two movies that cross my mind are " the star chamber " that dealt with judges take law in their hands like judge, jury, and an executioner. and other others, was " the skulls " less known tw movies.

the movie is about ( I think was Harvard) this secret society doesn't let anyone in the society leave, even if they graduated. they actually will kill to keel this society from the public. this movie was ok in 2000. William Patterson ( before ( cis ) and craig t. nelson (before coach. )

these movies and " the enforcer " remind of the oppsitive effect of dead man's society.

if a teacher or college professor get through to them, the parents aren't get cheap by the college. their children are learning " independently " . it is a good thing, not a bad thing! [/QUOT

I wonder how parents felt when teachers teached " Darwin "? maybe, the lector was Charles dawrin himself.
i'm sure there must have been cases where a parent has pulled a kid from school because a certain lecturer has been spouting some new age nonsense and distracting the students from the important task of getting good grades in mainstream subjects. I could imagine myself charging into William's class and yelling 'what the f**k do you think you're playing at you utter buffoon!'

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! May 03, 2018 @ 14:00:49
I wonder how parents felt when teachers teached " Darwin "? maybe, the lector was Charles dawrin himself.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs