Forums:
Sports

Golf - Impact on Coronavirus

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ninaaconway On April 08, 2020

Kolkata, India
#1New Post! Mar 30, 2020 @ 20:28:05
Is it safe to play golf during the coronavirus?
Golf's three expert bodies – The Professional Golfers' Association (PGA), Golf Club Managers' Association (GCMA) and British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA) have given new direction on what to do when playing and how to do it securely during the coronavirus pandemic.

With current government limitations not as of now forestalling rivalries or easygoing games occurring, the trio has kept up "all golfers ought to follow some straightforward strides to keep up the generally safe of contamination".

They have grouped a progression of best practice thoughts that other administering bodies and golf clubs are starting to embrace to guarantee players and staff can remain safe. These are:

Preceding the game

Organize online administrations for passages, appointments, and scoring

Take installments utilizing contactless methods or online before the game

Players with any colds or hacks or any side effects of Covid-19 ought to be asked not to play

Storage spaces ought to be shut to stay away from players being close to one another. Permit the changing of shoes in the vehicle leave

Shotgun begins with individuals congregating before and after are disheartened for the time being

Putting green conclusion ought to be considered for bigger occasions

Golf surreys ought to be removed from use or utilized by single people and cleaned a while later

On the course

Demand social removing (2-meter rule) on tee grounds, greens and all through the rounds

Continuously leave the banner in the gap. Ask golfers to painstakingly expel their golf ball from the gap, not with a golf club

Expel rakes and some other bits obviously furniture that golfers may contact – the greenkeeper group will set up the course, and where conceivable, re-rake fortifications during the day. Golfers can and golfers can wipe their own golf balls on a towel

No divot packs gave

Drinking text styles and ball cleaners removed from play

Aircrafts for cleaning shoes following the round ought to be shut

Golfers should just get their own ball

Try not to share any hardware, for example, golf clubs or rangefinders

Try not to shake hands before or after your game

Have hand sanitizers accessible as golfers leave the golf course

After the game

Treatment of scorecards is a defenselessness, particularly for staff individuals entrusted with checking cards and concluding outcomes. Organize this to be done online where conceivable

Alter you're providing food arrangement to diminish physical contact through more prominent space between seating in the clubhouse if conceivable

Utilize dispensable plates and cups, have handwashing offices accessible on each table

Hand sanitizers ought to be made accessible all through the clubhouse

Standard changing of towels in restrooms (exhortation prescribes each hour) would be required and customary cleaning of surfaces including entryway handles

Society appointments where nourishment and social connection is included a short time later ought to be restricted as per the most recent direction

Follow Government guidance as a compulsory conclusion of clubhouses might be presented in the coming days

Robert Maxfield, PGA CEO, stated: "We have to cooperate as an industry. By following a positive yet reasonable arrangement of rules which we would all be able to stick to and afterward conveying those to golfers, we can keep on getting a charge out of the game in the months to come. The game can offer a degree of social association which will be indispensable for specific segments of the network."

Phil Grice, a GCMA administrator, included: "We know that these are dubious occasions for all organizations and their workers and golf clubs are no exemption. This additionally follows a troublesome winter where numerous clubs have just been seriously affected.

"The prosperity of our groups, including cooking, course and expert staff and their groups ought to be a need for the administrators of golf clubs and volunteer councils.

"Many are independently employed – PGA Professionals particularly – and are confronting a troublesome period where all parts of their business – retail, exercises, whatever expects everyday collaboration – will be seriously constrained."

For the full document, visit the PGA's Covid-19 hub . For up-to-date information about the coronavirus outbreak.

There are some instraction: https://www.niftygolf.com/blog/how-golfers-can-prepare-for-post-coronavirus-golf-events/
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Mar 30, 2020 @ 23:21:28
so i intentionally took this out of quarantine... yeah,no.. I now see the irony in that... but my response is:

why the f*** is golf thinking they are so f***ing essential that they would need to continue going on during a globalpanf***ingdemic?

Like the golf courses here had to be specifically told to shut down because they were not complying.

There are places i get that are need to stay open and are trying to circumvent the "rules". I feel for all the salon and small business workers that depend on in person customers. Even as I contemplate cutting my own hair again today. I can see sneaking over to my persons house or to the shop and trying to get a hair cut with the lights dimmed. I also know the risk, and my husbands life at stake literally keeps me home, but I could understand the thinking in families that are overall more healthier.

I don't get that for golf... I get it for exercise, but you can still walk around without a golf course.

this is why we cant have nice things, and people making stupid decisions will cost people's lives. I know there are always going to be the greedy the selfish and the stupid, and god knows im not perfect, but why is it so hard to work together.

where have we gone so wrong with the us vs them, that coming together doesn't work anymore?

also f*** spammers, so don't click their links.
mrmhead On about 20 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Mar 31, 2020 @ 00:05:13
@DiscordTiger Said

so i intentionally took this out of quarantine... yeah,no.. I now see the irony in that... but my response is:

why the f*** is golf thinking they are so f***ing essential that they would need to continue going on during a globalpanf***ingdemic?

Like the golf courses here had to be specifically told to shut down because they were not complying.

There are places i get that are need to stay open and are trying to circumvent the "rules". I feel for all the salon and small business workers that depend on in person customers. Even as I contemplate cutting my own hair again today. I can see sneaking over to my persons house or to the shop and trying to get a hair cut with the lights dimmed. I also know the risk, and my husbands life at stake literally keeps me home, but I could understand the thinking in families that are overall more healthier.

I don't get that for golf... I get it for exercise, but you can still walk around without a golf course.

this is why we cant have nice things, and people making stupid decisions will cost people's lives. I know there are always going to be the greedy the selfish and the stupid, and god knows im not perfect, but why is it so hard to work together.

where have we gone so wrong with the us vs them, that coming together doesn't work anymore?

also f*** spammers, so don't click their links.

Ditto that pastor in Florida.

Apparently my workplace was visited by some health and law enforcement agencies. They verified we were an essential industry and approved our protocols and HR adjustments are good guidelines, in line with, or better than best practices.
Offices are closed, work from home, but factory continues on.

It's good to know the company is at least making some effort.

And you can be comforted to know that in these globally trying times there will be no shortage of bowling balls!

Darkman666 On about 19 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Mar 31, 2020 @ 00:13:52
kind of wonder what they do for drive range, have a giant cubic for each player to stand in and the front of it as opening to shoot out.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 31, 2020 @ 07:05:04
Lucky golfers, still able to play and enjoy.

It's not so easy to enforce social distancing in the rugby scrum or in a netball match. Oh well... it won't last forever.
mrmhead On about 20 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Mar 31, 2020 @ 14:40:18
I suppose pie eating contests are curtailed for the time being as well

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs