God vs allah

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#31New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:34:09
Let's make the assumption that there's only one way the earth could have come about. Let's follow the "creation" branch of the possibilities. It can only have been created once, so only by one omnipotent god or creator, or by a single group of creators working cooperatively.

Next make the assumption that religion wasn't completely made up, and is based on some observations, evidence and/or ancient "word of god" texts (big leap for the atheists but stay with me).

With this in mind, let's go off on a tangent with a little thought experiment. Take 10 people, isolate them from one another, and show them a very long, complicated film about a subject they don't understand. A few weeks later ask them to write a paper about what they watched. How similar do you think the papers would be?

Going back to the original subject. Anyone that believes in any religion takes the fact that the Earth was created as a given. Is it really that hard to to believe that all religions could be describing the exact same creation story, and the exact same God?
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 09:57:14
@stumblinthrulife Said
Let's make the assumption that there's only one way the earth could have come about. Let's follow the "creation" branch of the possibilities. It can only have been created once, so only by one omnipotent god or creator, or by a single group of creators working cooperatively.

Next make the assumption that religion wasn't completely made up, and is based on some observations, evidence and/or ancient "word of god" texts (big leap for the atheists but stay with me).

With this in mind, let's go off on a tangent with a little thought experiment. Take 10 people, isolate them from one another, and show them a very long, complicated film about a subject they don't understand. A few weeks later ask them to write a paper about what they watched. How similar do you think the papers would be?

Going back to the original subject. Anyone that believes in any religion takes the fact that the Earth was created as a given. Is it really that hard to to believe that all religions could be describing the exact same creation story, and the exact same God?

If you wanna go into creation myths you have to read them all, not just the most popular versions. If you do that you quickly realise that no they can't possibly be a different point of view of the same events.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 18:33:57
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 18:34:25
@ronyvo Said
Our God and allah
Some people think that the Muslim?s god and our (the Christians) God are the same.
This is, definitely, NOT TRUE.
Muslim advocates in the West are trying very hard to justify the legitimateness of Islam as a peaceful ?religion?, especially after 9/11/01.
Out of desperation they use lies (deception) and double talk, which is allowed in Islam.
They use money, sex, race and terror (fear) to lure Americans to Islam.
Their god (Allah) is a god of hate. He instructs and encourages them to instill terror in the heart of non-Muslims and kill them (Surah 8:13-17 & many others). The Koran is full with ?fight? and ?kill?.
One must acknowledge that Allah is not in harmony with our God.
Jesus taught, ?Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you and persecute you.? Math 5:44
Ironically, they call the Christians INFIDELS because they believe (ignorantly) that Christians worship 3 gods (the Holy Trinity). Mohammad fails to understand monotheism. However, it is not enough to say there is only one God if you point at the wrong God.
The Muslims however, give Mohammad an equal position as Allah if not more importance.
In order to be a Muslim you have to say the shehada ?there is no god but Allah, and Mohammad is his messenger?. If one cite the first part only, he cannot be a Muslim, he must cite the second part pertaining Mohammad
Also, if they claim that Christians and Muslims worship the same God, do they believe that Jesus Christ is God? No, they don?t.

Christians? God, the Lord Jesus Christ is a God of love, peace and mercy.
He forbade his followers from using the sword (Mathew 26:52).
When He was on earth He cured the sick healed the blind. Mohammad didn?t.
Jesus came to save lives (Luke 9:56). Mohammed came to destroy lives (Surah 48:16?.).
There is much more to be said to prove that our God has nothing to do with Allah.
No way those 2 Gods are the same.

Even Abraham of the Bible is not Abraham of the Koran:
a) The Bible says that Abraham?s father?s name was Terah, but the Koran says Azar (Surah6:74).
b) Isaac was the one to be sacrificed not Ishmael (surah 37:100)
c) He had eight sons not just two as the Koran claims.
d) He had 3 wives and not 2.
e) He did not live and worshiped in the valley of Mecca (surah 14:37) but in Hebron.
f) He did not build the Kabah. The Kabah was not built by Adam and then rebuilt by Abraham. It was built by the pagans to worship a black rock which fell out of the sky.
g) Nimrod did not throw Abraham into fire (surah 21:68.69 & 9:69).Nimrod lived many centuries before Abraham.

Conclusion: Christianity and Islam has NOTHING to do with each other

Your ignorance of Islam is profound. I can hardly be bothered trying, but whatever.

Muslims refer to all members of the Abrahamic religions as 'people of the book', as in the Old testament which describe the teachings of the prophets. They also consider Jesus to be a very important prophet, who did perform miracles and was immaculately conceived, but not the son of God since God is transcendent according to Islam; saying that any human or worldy object is equivalent to God is shirk, which is blasphemy to muslims. They believe that Christians and Jews also worship God but they simply do not worship him properly and do not understand him or his message sent through Mohammad.

If you want to say that none of this is really true or it is contradictory to other Qur'anic teachings, or the actions of many muslims, fair enough. I may be wrong, I don't really care that much. Christians, Muslims, and Jews are all incorrect as far as I can tell. You might as well be arguing about whose favourite colour is better. What I don't like is the fact that you are blatantly sectarian.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#35New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 19:04:01
@shadowy Said
If you wanna go into creation myths you have to read them all, not just the most popular versions. If you do that you quickly realise that no they can't possibly be a different point of view of the same events.

I guess I'm referring to the two main religious branches which seem constantly in conflict - Christianity and Islam.

Of course Dreamtime, to take an example, won't fit in this view. But from what I can make out the Aboriginal peoples mostly want to just be left alone and aren't trying to eradicate anyone because they disagree with them.
silenthunder On November 25, 2007

Halliburton, Texas
#36New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 19:04:43
I simply adore these types of threads.

For the moment, accepting all religions and religious believers as being what they are, I will add only what I have gleaned from my own studies.

Both Hebrew and the Arabic are phonic languages; this must be borne in mind for what follows.

Allah is the primary name of God in the Quran, however that same Quran states that Allah has many names and they are all beautiful.

If we look to the Hebrew/Greek Scriptures, the primary name of God is Yahweh (Jehovah). There are other names given throughout the book. Focusing on the Book of Job, we find that the name of God supplied is Eloah. The "o" in Eloah is silent and Eloah is the phonic equivalent of Allah.

Are they the same God?

The answer to this matter lies in the fact that two people can go to the same church and sit in the same pew and be praising and praying to different Gods. If their concepts of God are different, then their Gods are different.

Does God even exist? Yes and no; depending strictly on the point of view of the believer/nonbeliever. Each is firmly convinced of the correctness of their position based upon their attachment to their own view.

Again, does God exist?

The only response I can provide is;

Define God.

For course what I do know, I'm just a dumb Buddhist.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#37New Post! Nov 14, 2007 @ 21:13:42
@stumblinthrulife Said
I guess I'm referring to the two main religious branches which seem constantly in conflict - Christianity and Islam.

Of course Dreamtime, to take an example, won't fit in this view. But from what I can make out the Aboriginal peoples mostly want to just be left alone and aren't trying to eradicate anyone because they disagree with them.

Dont you mean, Christianity and Islam, Judaism and Islam, Islam and Islam....
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Dec 10, 2007 @ 23:02:07
does anybody thats poste above actually know whats written in the karan? i dont so im not gonna comment but some people have a habit of defending what they feel is being persecuted against without realising the whole story
matterdaddy84 On October 12, 2009

bowling green, Kentucky
#39New Post! Dec 10, 2007 @ 23:15:40
We could end all of this debate about god if everyone worshipped me.

I am many things that various gods are not:

1. I am tangible

2. When I say something, I don't use fear of eternal suffering to get people to listen, I use reason.

3. I don't hate people because they don't obey me, I love everyone, although I may disagree with some from time to time I still love everyone.

4. I would never make my representitive on earth where a funny hat. (the pope)

5. You don't have to hold cattle sacred. (hindu)

6. No one will ever be killed, tortured, shunned, or subjugated in my name.

7. I have chocolate chip cookies for everyone.

There are many other things, but listing them here would make the post way to long.

Everyone just worship me and let all of this controversy stop.
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 01:05:40
@rockdave Said
does anybody thats poste above actually know whats written in the karan? i dont so im not gonna comment but some people have a habit of defending what they feel is being persecuted against without realising the whole story

I know whats in the koran mostly, nothing different from the bible to be honest, which is what the OP was trying to say.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#41New Post! Dec 11, 2007 @ 13:27:58
esra357 On September 30, 2011

Istanbul, Turkey
#42New Post! Dec 20, 2007 @ 10:47:07
hey you don't know anything about Islam and your religion. if u were a real Christian, you had faith. you are definitely wrong. i think u should first learn ur religion and after islam. u are a ignorant
cyrus On February 18, 2008

Deleted

Arabsville, Egypt
#43New Post! Dec 20, 2007 @ 11:06:45
I don't want to trivialise this post, but when I read the title 'God vs allah ' I thought it was footy match between two churches.
knotme On March 20, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#44New Post! Dec 20, 2007 @ 11:34:23
Have only just come across this thread.

But why does it have to be God vs allah? All 3 Abrahamic religions worship the same God, just in different ways.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#45New Post! Dec 20, 2007 @ 15:17:36
https://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=God&word2=Allah apparently God wins.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs