Religion

God vs allah

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
virusfound On November 13, 2007

, Singapore
#16New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 16:50:23
I didnt say Christian is not a true religion. But what Christian have in their religion is the right path to Islam.Islam and Christian pray to the same God - Allah.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 16:54:57
@virusfound Said
I didnt say Christian is not a true religion. But what Christian have in their religion is the right path to Islam.Islam and Christian pray to the same God - Allah.

What are you talking about? And no, they don't. Christians (I think) worship Jehovah. Muslims worship Allah. The religions have differnt commandments etc.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#18New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 16:57:48
Islam is closely related to Christianity. Islam is something of an offshoot and reworking of Christianity in light of new divine words and teachings given to Muhammed.

They recognize the same Biblical figures and stories, Islam identifies Christ as one of the most important prophets (along with Abraham and Moses).

Here's a helpful Wikipedia blurb:

Quote:
Muslims believe that God revealed the Qur'an to Muhammad, God's final prophet, and regard the Qur'an and the Sunnah (words and deeds of Muhammad) as the fundamental sources of Islam. They do not regard Muhammad as the founder of a new religion, but as the restorer of the original monotheistic faith of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and other prophets. Islamic tradition holds that Judaism and Christianity distorted the messages of these prophets over time either in interpretation, in text, or both.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:02:53
@jonnythan Said
Islam is closely related to Christianity. Islam is something of an offshoot and reworking of Christianity in light of new divine words and teachings given to Muhammed.

They recognize the same Biblical figures and stories, Islam identifies Christ as one of the most important prophets (along with Abraham and Moses).

Here's a helpful Wikipedia blurb:

No it's not. Islam is an offshoot of Judaism. Christ was a prophet, according to the Jews, the people who followed his slightly different teachings called themselves Christians. Muhammed was another Jewish prophet according to the Jews, and the people who believed what he taught to be true became Muslims.

at least that's what I got taught in Religious Ed
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#20New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:04:47
@kit Said
No it's not. Islam is an offshoot of Judaism. Christ was a prophet, according to the Jews, the people who followed his slightly different teachings called themselves Christians. Muhammed was another Jewish prophet according to the Jews, and the people who believed what he taught to be true became Muslims.

That's actually probably a more accurate way to put it, but, given the fact that Islam began centuries after Christianity had become very well-established, it would be foolish to say that it wasn't heavily influenced by Christianity.

Suffice to say, all 3 religions are very closely related.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#21New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:06:18
Christianity and Islam share historical aspects of Judaism.

I think when people try to say Islam's Allah and Christianity's God are one in the same they are simply saying they have a common thread linking to the God of Judaism. And isn't Allah simply the word for God?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#22New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:08:21
@vizzy Said
And isn't Allah simply the word for God?

Yes.

Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use the word "allah" to refer to their god.

, Florida
#23New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:09:35
Ok then. When people say Allah and God are the same they are technically correct.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:09:44
@vizzy Said
I think when people try to say Islam's Allah and Christianity's God are one in the same they are simply saying they have a common thread linking to the God of Judaism. And isn't Allah simply the word for God?

But so's Jehovah
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:16:39
Allah, God, Jehovah, Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth Fairy. They are all the same to me

, Florida
#26New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:16:49
@kit Said
But so's Jehovah

Or Dios or whatever language you sepak. Throw them all in the pot!

Anyway, regardless fo the word used to say "god" it's all a matter of the heart/intention, to me.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:19:35
@vizzy Said
Or Dios or whatever language you sepak. Throw them all in the pot!

Anyway, regardless fo the word used to say "god" it's all a matter of the heart/intention, to me.

I think they're different. It's hard for me to explain why (translation: I'm too lazy to explain why)

, Florida
#28New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:24:47
@kit Said
I think they're different. It's hard for me to explain why (translation: I'm too lazy to explain why)

It's ok, I've heard the reasoning before. I'm just goofing around. I think people get too wrapped up in the little stuff sometimes. I know people who would go balistic if you suggested Allah and God were one and the same. Silliness to me. It's all in the intention.
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#29New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:28:43
They are the same God. They just have different messengers of God's word. The muslims are the children of Ishmael the son of Abraham and Hagar (Sarah's handmaiden) Christians and Jews are the children of Abraham and Sarah and Isaac. The messengers are different. Jesus Christ and Muhammed is where there are differnces.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Nov 13, 2007 @ 17:29:16
@vizzy Said
It's ok, I've heard the reasoning before. I'm just goofing around. I think people get too wrapped up in the little stuff sometimes. I know people who would go balistic if you suggested Allah and God were one and the same. Silliness to me. It's all in the intention.

Like... "I shot him in the stomache but I was aiming for his heart" kind of this?

OK, that's an inside joke...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs