The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

God has all attributes including evil iniquity.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 20:45:49

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ephesians 3:8-10 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God created the attribute of iniquity and placed that capability in Satan. The above quote seems to show iniquity as capable of negating perfection yet scriptures show that perfection is never ending. If it could end, then even God’s perfection would be at risk and this condition is one that God would never create.

All concepts were created for God’s pleasure.

What pleasure do you think God gets from iniquity?

Regards
DL
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 20:51:20
@GreatestIam2 Said

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ephesians 3:8-10 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God created the attribute of iniquity and placed that capability in Satan. The above quote seems to show iniquity as capable of negating perfection yet scriptures show that perfection is never ending. If it could end, then even God’s perfection would be at risk and this condition is one that God would never create.

What pleasure do you think God gets from iniquity?

Regards
DL

More bitter and twisted fantasy I see. The only god who would do any of that is the god of this system of things, Satan.

I don;t suppose you noticed that in the Eezekiel 28:15 it said that iniquity was found not placed. Every being has the ability to go wrong, that is what free will is about.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#3New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 21:04:37
Makes the schmuck special in the whole Order of Things: just as special as the interested knowledgeable will at a Job.

On the other hand, are jobs performed equally to the demands of God for this iniquity along with the progressive SUccess and Honour.

And finally, are honour killings Iniquitous?
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 21:11:37
The Tower of Babel (Hebrew: ???? ???? Migdal Bavel Arabic: ??? ????? Burj Babil), according to the Book of Genesis,[1] was an enormous tower built in the plain of Shinar (Hebrew: ?????).

According to the biblical account, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "with its top in the heavens...lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the Earth." God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withholden from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth."(Genesis 11:5-8).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel

I'd join in but I don't understand what is being said.

Banned

#5New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 21:18:54
@Reviso Said

And finally, are honour killings Iniquitous?

Yes

Banned

#6New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 21:19:40
@Wheezy_Knight Said

The Tower of Babel (Hebrew: ???? ???? Migdal Bavel Arabic: ??? ????? Burj Babil), according to the Book of Genesis,[1] was an enormous tower built in the plain of Shinar (Hebrew: ?????).

According to the biblical account, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "with its top in the heavens...lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the Earth." God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withholden from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth."(Genesis 11:5-8).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel

I'd join in but I don't understand what is being said.

That's alright I don't think the OP does either.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#7New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 21:25:01
Quote:

or allowed because we ask for it?

Deleted

#8New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 21:37:29
Honour killings are iniquitous?

https://freethoughtblogs.com/alstefanelli/2011/10/19/honor-killings-islamic-and-christian-misogyny-at-its-worst/

"However, I would be remiss if I did not address the the hypocritical finger-pointing that is routine among many Christians who condemn Islam for being barbaric in it’s support for this kind of violence. The Quran has not cornered the market on honor killings. Commands for honor killing can be found in the Bible, as well:

“And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.” – Leviticus 21:9

“If however the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death…” Deuteronomy 22:13-21.

Yeah, but that’s the Old Testament, right? Well, consider this:

“Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.” (Matthew 5:17-18)

“For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head;” 1 Corinthians 11:9, 10.
"

It's all boring, you can find quote and counterquote all night. All it is really doing is fixing one theism as the only one that ever there was, and making the rest of humanity irrelevant. There was a whole world going on outside of that little sandpit called the middle east.

Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#9New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 21:46:42
@Wheezy_Knight Said

There was a whole world going on outside of that little sandpit called the middle east.

a sandpit holy people kill for no less.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#10New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 21:50:19
@MadCornishBiker Said

More bitter and twisted fantasy I see. The only god who would do any of that is the god of this system of things, Satan.

More on polytheism.

God, Jesus and now Satan... How many more gods do the JW's believe in?

Banned

#11New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 23:27:08
@chaski Said

More on polytheism.

Only one true God, but the word god is used in many ways in scripture, even men are described as gods in there.

The one true God over all is Christ's Father. Scripture calls Him the "God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is called a god (small "g" )

Satan is called the god of this system of things. (also small "g".

Jesus said at John 10:34-36 "Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “YOU are gods”’? 35 If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot be nullified, 36 do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?"

The scripture Jesus referred to when he quoted "I said: you are gods" was (Psalm 82:6) “I myself have said, ‘YOU are gods, And all of YOU are sons of the Most High. Paul later also referred to that scripture at (1 Corinthians 8:5) "For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”"

The bible also mentions other gods, the gods of the nations surrounding Israel.

Jehovah's Witnesses are monotheistic, because thought they recognise that scripture describes a number of gods, they only worship the one, the "God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ". The same one that Jesus and the Apostles worshipped.

Believing in gods and worshipping them are not the same things. Only the one is classified as True all others are false gods.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#12New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 23:45:30
@chaski Said

More on polytheism.

Charles Russell
Joseph Rutherford
Nathan Knorr
Frederick Franz
Milton Herschel

Deleted

#13New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 23:59:45
@chaski Said

More on polytheism.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster
Barney The purple Dinosaur
The Great Pumpkin
The Invisible Pink Unicorn
Cthulhu (For when you can't choose the lesser of two evils)
Puff the magic Dragon

And if you simply can't be bothered wading through the mistakes, contradictions, alliterations, Allegories, Metaphors, stolen mythology, Warped thinking, outright lies, mistranslations, egomaniac-posturing, that MCB uses as the latest version of all this.

Then try here and pick another.

https://www.godchecker.com/

Gotta love this God stuff chas
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#14New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 02:12:35
@MadCornishBiker Said

Only one true God, but the word god is used in many ways in scripture, even men are described as gods in there.

The one true God over all is Christ's Father. Scripture calls Him the "God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is called a god (small "g" )

Satan is called the god of this system of things. (also small "g".

Jesus said at John 10:34-36 "Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “YOU are gods”’? 35 If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot be nullified, 36 do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?"

The scripture Jesus referred to when he quoted "I said: you are gods" was (Psalm 82:6) “I myself have said, ‘YOU are gods, And all of YOU are sons of the Most High. Paul later also referred to that scripture at (1 Corinthians 8:5) "For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”"

The bible also mentions other gods, the gods of the nations surrounding Israel.

Jehovah's Witnesses are monotheistic, because thought they recognise that scripture describes a number of gods, they only worship the one, the "God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ". The same one that Jesus and the Apostles worshipped.

Believing in gods and worshipping them are not the same things. Only the one is classified as True all others are false gods.

But if a god has a son, is not the son also a god? Saying that Jesus is a god, but with a small "g" is meaningless. Once again the JW's hide behind words and change them to mean whatever the want and need.

The scripture does not describe any human as a god. Name him/her specifically and site the biblical passage. And if you want to go for psalm, that whole business was Yahweh going before the council of El (high god of the babylonians)... yet another example of christians changing the original meanings and translations to meet their needs and desires.

Back to Jesus... is he like Perseus and Hercules... half god... Semi-divine/mortal offspring?

And as to Satan... you describe satan as a god of this system of things... lesser god, but none the less god.

Apparently you JW's are NOT monotheistic... you just start talking circles when someone pins down you polytheistic babble.

Banned

#15New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 10:06:44
@chaski Said

But if a god has a son, is not the son also a god? Saying that Jesus is a god, but with a small "g" is meaningless. Once again the JW's hide behind words and change them to mean whatever the want and need.

The scripture does not describe any human as a god. Name him/her specifically and site the biblical passage. And if you want to go for psalm, that whole business was Yahweh going before the council of El (high god of the babylonians)... yet another example of christians changing the original meanings and translations to meet their needs and desires.

Back to Jesus... is he like Perseus and Hercules... half god... Semi-divine/mortal offspring?

And as to Satan... you describe satan as a god of this system of things... lesser god, but none the less god.

Apparently you JW's are NOT monotheistic... you just start talking circles when someone pins down you polytheistic babble.

No the "small "g" is not meaningless.

Jesus is, as the bible tells us, the Son of God. He is also a spirit creature, like the angels he worked with his father to create, so in that sense he is a god, however, not one to be worshipped.

You should know, if you took the trouble to check that scripture out, that it wasn't referring to a specific person, but to the heads the tribes of Israel.

Of course they, and I are monotheistic. The whole meaning of monotheism relates to how many Gods you worship, not how many you know exist.

JWs and I only worship the One True God, the same one that the Christ worshipped and continues to worship.

Apostate Christians are polytheistic since they believe in a trinity of Gods and worship that trinity.

No, I don't describe Satan as the god of this system of things, the bible does, I merely repeat the words of God from it's pages, however acknowledging the truth doesn't mean we worship him, we leave that to the rest of this world.

2 Corinthians 4:3-6 "3 If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. 5 For we are preaching, not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as YOUR slaves for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God is he who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate [them] with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ."

Just out of interest, here is the text from the King James Version, courtesy of studybible.com:-

"2 Corinthians 4:3-6

KJV(i) 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Circular reasoning? Maybe, you are welcome to that opinion, but if circular it be, the centre of that circle is God's word and everything in life is, or should be, centred on that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs