The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Apr 09, 2020 @ 14:50:04
God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Apr 09, 2020 @ 15:02:45
The purpose of Sin / Evil is to contrast Good.
And now that you have two "things" you can be happy and take pleasure in one over the other.

If I had a basket of apples - some were Red and some were Green, I could separate the green from the red.
I would be happy to have the red.
I would be pleased that I do not have the green.

If I chose not to differentiate the two different types apples, then I'd just have a basket of apples and ... meh ... Nothing to be overly pleased or disappointed with.
Darkman666 On about 4 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Apr 09, 2020 @ 22:52:52
the impression that always get with adam and eve that when adam ate the apple. man's free will and god make this example. man is god's greatest mistake, the only or the first mistake to mankind.

over years, people tell things about this one event, i always doubts about it. god knew adam was going to bite the apple that pre-designation. adam gave mankind: free will. which good and evil would next, with the sevens sins.

i guess that man's moral conscience will always have to fight good and evil within yourself. be honest, biting the apple and get kicked out of paradise, not sound to much evil thing. not like adam killed eve, shall not kill that would be sin.
chaski On about 18 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Apr 10, 2020 @ 00:38:00
I don't believe in "sin".

I believe in behavior that is viewed as anti-social (and anti-species) and thus viewed as and determined to be criminal.... needs of the many and all that.

"Sin"... however is nonsense. The idea that there is "sin" has been used to F___k with people throughout history: You don't get to have sex, unless it is "my" way.... don't drink booze, its evil... Reefer Madness!!!

...etc.... etc.... etc...

But don't mind me. I'm a "sinner".
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Apr 12, 2020 @ 23:49:36
@GreatestIam2 Said

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL

I'm guessing that in order for a world to be interesting enough there would have to be a certain level of challenge involved.

Some say that our, roughly, 100 years of life on Earth is only really like engaging in a film in the cinema when you compare that lifetime to eternity.

It might just be that eternity is long and its occupants so starved to bide their time that they might intentionally subscribe to harsh, fake and temporary realities for sake of game.

If such then even Halo might be a real existence for many.

Then again whatever built this place may not have had any interest in ethics nor concern for hardship and suffering of those it implemented and this world serves as a novelty where it can remotely watch its creations battle.

Ottawa, Canada
#6New Post! Apr 13, 2020 @ 21:22:43
@mrmhead Said

The purpose of Sin / Evil is to contrast Good.
And now that you have two "things" you can be happy and take pleasure in one over the other.

If I had a basket of apples - some were Red and some were Green, I could separate the green from the red.
I would be happy to have the red.
I would be pleased that I do not have the green.

If I chose not to differentiate the two different types apples, then I'd just have a basket of apples and ... meh ... Nothing to be overly pleased or disappointed with.

+ 1

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#7New Post! Apr 13, 2020 @ 21:26:04
@darkman666 Said

the impression that always get with adam and eve that when adam ate the apple. man's free will and god make this example. man is god's greatest mistake, the only or the first mistake to mankind.

over years, people tell things about this one event, i always doubts about it. god knew adam was going to bite the apple that pre-designation. adam gave mankind: free will. which good and evil would next, with the sevens sins.

i guess that man's moral conscience will always have to fight good and evil within yourself. be honest, biting the apple and get kicked out of paradise, not sound to much evil thing. not like adam killed eve, shall not kill that would be sin.

Free will is indeed good.

Is it a sin if god murdered A &* E by neglect and abuse by locking away what would have kept them alive? The tree of life?

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#8New Post! Apr 13, 2020 @ 21:32:12
@chaski Said

I don't believe in "sin".

I believe in behavior that is viewed as anti-social (and anti-species) and thus viewed as and determined to be criminal.... needs of the many and all that.

No argument on your view of sin.

On what I quoted, what if the needs of the many requires or moves a vigilante to
kill. Is that good or evil?

Think of Liberty Valance and They Shoot Horses Don't They.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN4L7cAQf0

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#9New Post! Apr 13, 2020 @ 21:37:10
@Electric_Banana Said

Then again whatever built this place may not have had any interest in ethics nor concern for hardship and suffering of those it implemented and this world serves as a novelty where it can remotely watch its creations battle.

As a naturalist, I see nature creating this reality.

Do you fault nature for creating systems that have us compete and thus force us to do evil even inadvertently, to the losers of the competitions?

Regards
DL

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Apr 13, 2020 @ 21:51:26
maybe, it wasn't that sin that god teaching adam and eve to leave eden. god tricked adam and eve staging the apple, to make them realized time leave the nest.

god showing adam and eve as a father, he want them to leave and god sacrifice his children for to go out and live on their own.

maybe, all this time, greatest sin of all is love.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Apr 15, 2020 @ 18:53:33
@GreatestIam2 Said

As a naturalist, I see nature creating this reality.

Do you fault nature for creating systems that have us compete and thus force us to do evil even inadvertently, to the losers of the competitions?

Regards
DL

I fault Nature for not making effort to disseminate those qualified for this existence from those whom are not.

Earth definitely isn't my Kansas.

But in the strangest of strange I can't argue that there may be some whose ego and sadism enjoy this experience.

ie; I wouldn't shut down the Gay Discos in my city if I had authority because I'm smart enough to know my limited vision might encourage me to enact foolish authority in bias but, at the same time, I wouldn't wish to be locked up and raised in one either.

Ottawa, Canada
#12New Post! Apr 16, 2020 @ 19:23:11
@Electric_Banana Said

I fault Nature for not making effort to disseminate those qualified for this existence from those whom are not.

Earth definitely isn't my Kansas.

But in the strangest of strange I can't argue that there may be some whose ego and sadism enjoy this experience.

ie; I wouldn't shut down the Gay Discos in my city if I had authority because I'm smart enough to know my limited vision might encourage me to enact foolish authority in bias but, at the same time, I wouldn't wish to be locked up and raised in one either.

The cause of the bias is what?

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#13New Post! Apr 16, 2020 @ 19:25:02
@darkman666 Said

maybe, it wasn't that sin that god teaching adam and eve to leave eden. god tricked adam and eve staging the apple, to make them realized time leave the nest.

god showing adam and eve as a father, he want them to leave and god sacrifice his children for to go out and live on their own.

maybe, all this time, greatest sin of all is love.

If god loved them, why did he murder them by neglect and locking away what would have kept them alive?

Regards
DL

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Apr 16, 2020 @ 20:12:22
@GreatestIam2 Said

If god loved them, why did he murder them by neglect and locking away what would have kept them alive?

Regards
DL

god teach them about faith and possible miracles. before adam and eve, there was no humans around. god thought need an audience to share his wisdom, enter mankind.

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Apr 19, 2020 @ 17:17:08
@GreatestIam2 Said

The cause of the bias is what?

Regards
DL

In most instances ignorance

In my example the cause would be suffering.

ie; Fish have a bias against laying on the beach.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs