The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

God cannot know everything. Carnal love, reproduction or sex.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 18:47:09

Believers are constantly saying impossible things of God. They make many definitive statement of God’s attribute while claiming that he is unfathomable, unknowable, immutable and works in mysterious ways. These are clear contradictions and un-provable truths that no judge could or would accept. Yet believers think the atheist should just swallow these lies whole. And when atheists do not, believers get into their condescending mode; treat the non-believer like a child; while it is believers themselves who are action in a non-adult way, ---- led by fantasy, ------- when atheists will just not accept something unproven as truth.

Whenever the discussions of God get into explaining his irrational, immoral or strange attributes, believers deny it through evasion. They do so by hiding behind some evasive statement or other. These include silly irrational or unknowable adjectives and phrases like; God works in mysterious ways; God can do whatever he wants; God owns us; God does not have to follow his laws because they are for man and not himself; God’s action may look immoral but it is because he knows so much more than we do. Discussion end with the believer chanting one of these mantras of self-deception. Almost like a parent telling his child that it is that way because it is that way and expecting the child to accept this condescending statement and evasive lie. Believers are not honest enough to just say, I don’t know.

Anyone with experience in debated with believers expects these yet they are not applicable or relevant to moral issues. Regardless, believers use them to justify God’s immoral action and to explain away attributes that are impossible to apply to God.

God is not corporeal. He is immaterial. He cannot reproduce true. He cannot have sex. He cannot know the effects on our psyches from chemical reactions that trigger human sexual activity and desire.

Knowing this, any moral person will know that God should not dictate to man how to handle sexual matters. God cannot know what the feelings and emotions are that drive sex in man and thus it is immoral for him to demand that we do as he wishes. Because of this, he also has no right to punish man for ignoring his unlearned dictates of issues that he himself cannot possibly fathom.

There are likely many things that God cannot know. I have chosen three that I think are obvious. Carnal love, reproduction and the emotions and physical feelings that go with sex.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#2New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 19:40:15
well all of the depends on we the people! because you are going to get many answers some people on forum believe in god and all that jazz. other logical thinkers as myself do not agree. I believe there is no god so I guess the answer would be no I do not agree
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#3New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 19:44:23
How do you know that God is immaterial?
I don't think anyone knows what god is.
Ri On August 11, 2012

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 19:51:17
The concept of God could be real, but I don't think "he" is what Christians make "him" out to be.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 19:55:08
Lemme get this straight....

An alien supernatural entity of unknowable properties, creates a creature out of mud, then creates a clone of the first creature with the intention of the two clones reproducing themselves.
You then want me to agree or disagree whether the unknowable alien supernatural entity can mimic the emotions of the clones, emotions that the clones themselves have yet to adequately describe.

Did I miss something somewhere?
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 20:31:50
@GreatestIam2 Said

Believers are constantly saying impossible things of God. They make many definitive statement of God’s attribute while claiming that he is unfathomable, unknowable, immutable and works in mysterious ways. These are clear contradictions and un-provable truths that no judge could or would accept. Yet believers think the atheist should just swallow these lies whole. And when atheists do not, believers get into their condescending mode; treat the non-believer like a child; while it is believers themselves who are action in a non-adult way, ---- led by fantasy, ------- when atheists will just not accept something unproven as truth.

Whenever the discussions of God get into explaining his irrational, immoral or strange attributes, believers deny it through evasion. They do so by hiding behind some evasive statement or other. These include silly irrational or unknowable adjectives and phrases like; God works in mysterious ways; God can do whatever he wants; God owns us; God does not have to follow his laws because they are for man and not himself; God’s action may look immoral but it is because he knows so much more than we do. Discussion end with the believer chanting one of these mantras of self-deception. Almost like a parent telling his child that it is that way because it is that way and expecting the child to accept this condescending statement and evasive lie. Believers are not honest enough to just say, I don’t know.

Anyone with experience in debated with believers expects these yet they are not applicable or relevant to moral issues. Regardless, believers use them to justify God’s immoral action and to explain away attributes that are impossible to apply to God.

God is not corporeal. He is immaterial. He cannot reproduce true. He cannot have sex. He cannot know the effects on our psyches from chemical reactions that trigger human sexual activity and desire.

Knowing this, any moral person will know that God should not dictate to man how to handle sexual matters. God cannot know what the feelings and emotions are that drive sex in man and thus it is immoral for him to demand that we do as he wishes. Because of this, he also has no right to punish man for ignoring his unlearned dictates of issues that he himself cannot possibly fathom.

There are likely many things that God cannot know. I have chosen three that I think are obvious. Carnal love, reproduction and the emotions and physical feelings that go with sex.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

If they say He is unfathomable and unknowable then they are wrong. The bible tells us to get to know Him so it must be possible, and I feel I know Him well enough to call Him my friend as well as my Father.

Why should God not dictate to man to control his sexual urges? He knows we are imperfect and therefore have more to fight than we should if we had not come down from perfection. But He exercises great self control or He would have wiped the human race off the face of the earth on more than one occasion, He certainly has good reason to do so.

Everything God asks us to do, including exercising self control is for the advantage of humanity as a whole. Our exercising such control benefits others and their exercising it in turn benefits us.

Your posts do betray a very twisted ans self-serving outlook on things. your ideas are beneficial to no-one, not even yourself, and in they have a great potential for harm.
PerlaDelMar On June 02, 2014

New York, New York
#7New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 20:32:46

MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 20:33:29
@GreatestIam2 Said

God cannot know everything.

And as far as this part goes I have explained many times that God could know anything He wanted to know. The fact that He does give us a certain amount of privacy is out of respect for us, a respect we seldom show to Him.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 20:41:01
@MadCornishBiker Said

The fact that He does give us a certain amount of privacy is out of respect for us, a respect we seldom show to Him.

Exactly how do you know that god give us any privacy at all?

And how does anyone invade god's privacy?
Belcher On August 14, 2012

Deleted

., Canada
#10New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 22:47:46
@Eowyn Said

well all of the depends on we the people! because you are going to get many answers some people on forum believe in god and all that jazz. other logical thinkers as myself do not agree. I believe there is no god so I guess the answer would be no I do not agree

So your saying you are a logical thinker? And because you dont believe in god? And anyone else who does believe in god is therefore an illogical thinker?

Man I f***ing hate religion and politics talk. People insult each other left and right in this way and act like its all jolly okay.
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#11New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 23:25:25
@Belcher Said

So your saying you are a logical thinker? And because you dont believe in god? And anyone else who does believe in god is therefore an illogical thinker?

Man I f***ing hate religion and politics talk. People insult each other left and right in this way and act like its all jolly okay.

an opinion is like an a*****e everyone has them. logic is some thing you can explain. and god is some thing you cannot. because you cannot prove his existence. if you do not like what i have to say feel free to pass me by. thanks

Deleted

., Canada
#12New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 23:27:22
@Eowyn Said

an opinion is like an a*****e everyone has them. logic is some thing you can explain. and god is some thing you cannot. because you cannot prove his existence. if you do not like what i have to say feel free to pass me by. thanks

Theists, atheists, your all the same with the snooty tooty holier than thou smarter than thou attitudes.
Its all amusing.
noseycow On September 03, 2015
x dippy madam x

\"proud blackcountry wench\",
#13New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 23:32:17
god used to watch me on the toilet when i was a girl, because in my nans bathroom was a sign saying, god is with you, me and my brother use3d to go for a wee behind the bins outside, because it scared us nowt to do with the thread but it was on my mind, x

Deleted

., Canada
#14New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 23:33:47
@noseycow Said

god used to watch me on the toilet when i was a girl, because in my nans bathroom was a sign saying, god is with you, me and my brother use3d to go for a wee behind the bins outside, because it scared us nowt to do with the thread but it was on my mind, x

Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Feb 09, 2012 @ 23:33:51
@Belcher Said

Theists, atheists, your all the same with the snooty tooty holier than thou smarter than thou attitudes.
Its all amusing.

Oh the Irony.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs