Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#62New Post! Sep 04, 2010 @ 17:19:35
@tickyette Said

I love all of the daily show Glenn Beck moments where John Stewart would talk about Glenn's anatomy. X'D

Wait? How could he say that Obama has a hate for white people when his mother was white? Didn't him and his mom have a close relationship

He was very respectful of his typical white grandma.
Junkyard_Jim On August 30, 2011

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#64New Post! Sep 04, 2010 @ 17:56:35
@GSnap Said

Many believe that the soul does not enter until that first breath is taken if you are going to tout the "well of souls" theory. I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but isn't the guf and the well of souls theory supposed to be based on the jewish mythicism that the end of the world comes when the first baby is born and cannot take a breath because the souls have run out? IF that is the case Jim, then why wouldn't the end of the world occur when the baby is CONCEIVED, not born? To me, the "well of souls" theory is one of the strongest that would support abortion NOT being immoral or murder.

Interesting, but I can't say, GSnap. I'm not even an expert on my own faith. I'll take a look at the various teachings on the Well of Souls and get back though. I've always found it a little mystic, scary and intriguing.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#65New Post! Sep 04, 2010 @ 18:20:47
@GSnap Said

Many believe that the soul does not enter until that first breath is taken if you are going to tout the "well of souls" theory. I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but isn't the guf and the well of souls theory supposed to be based on the jewish mythicism that the end of the world comes when the first baby is born and cannot take a breath because the souls have run out? IF that is the case Jim, then why wouldn't the end of the world occur when the baby is CONCEIVED, not born? To me, the "well of souls" theory is one of the strongest that would support abortion NOT being immoral or murder.

@Junkyard_Jim Said

Interesting, but I can't say, GSnap. I'm not even an expert on my own faith. I'll take a look at the various teachings on the Well of Souls and get back though. I've always found it a little mystic, scary and intriguing.

Not much out there. The Well of Souls by Catholic doctrine is not located on earth; by Jewish theology it is. Catholicism teaches the soul is placed in the child at conception; Jewish theology says first breath after the womb. The Guf is apparently related to Jewish theology, but I can't tell if it is another term for the Well of Souls (which Jews believe is inside or under the City of Jerusalem) or whether it is independent and associated with another faction of Jewish faith.

Catholicism seems to indicate that God created all souls at a given time and placed them in the Well of Souls. Jewish and Russian Christians believe souls of the departed go back to the Well of Souls to await a new corporeal body.

Well, Catholicism kind of indicates this is a once and done deal. The soul is placed in the body at conception, you live til you die and the soul is taken to the afterlife, either heaven or hell. That's it end of story here.

Jews and Eastern Orthodox seem to believe in a bit of reincarnation ala Buddhism, although they don't call it that. However, if the soul does not go on to the afterlife and is returned to the Well of Souls, what part of the once living body goes to the afterlife? Gets a bit confusing.

Catholicism seems to run with the last soul issued will bring on the end of the world. Jewish and EO, though, keep recycling, so how could the world end?

OK, too much for me right now. I have some furniture that needs repair.

Deleted

Norristown, Pennsylvania
#67New Post! Sep 04, 2010 @ 22:27:39
@squirt_aka_casey Said

And by theory the proper choice in that is no abortion, and, I'm not arguing that point with you because that is all a matter of perception based mostly on religious belief and tbh, there is no changing that.

However, God gave me the right to free will and He gave me the tools to discern right from wrong and He gave me the commandment not to judge the people who commit the sin, but guide them to the moral choice. I don't feel this is achieved by imposing what the moral choice is on them through law, but by giving of myself in resource, example and support and letting them know what else they have out there.

I can't say I don't think that abortion is a wrong choice, but I can't sit here and feel right with God by wanting it abolished.

Honorable opinion.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs